Welcome to QB-Mart! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welcome to QB-Mart!

The thing that I'm saying about Jake Delhomme is the TURNOVERS. Only two turnovers in 3 playoff games...that's more like it. I know that he threw 17 int's in the regular season but when it counts..late in games..he came through..Carolina won 9 games by 6 points or less...eight came in the final two minutes or overtime. That's a clutch performer...unlike Jay Fiedler.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
The thing that I'm saying about Jake Delhomme is the TURNOVERS. Only two turnovers in 3 playoff games...that's more like it. I know that he threw 17 int's in the regular season but when it counts..late in games..he came through..Carolina won 9 games by 6 points or less...eight came in the final two minutes or overtime. That's a clutch performer...unlike Jay Fiedler.

I dunno bro. When I watch Delhomme play I kinda feel like I'm watching a handcuffed Fiedler.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I dunno bro. When I watch Delhomme play I kinda feel like I'm watching a handcuffed Fiedler.
i think fiedler is handcuffed, delhomme, gets it done!;)

Oh, don't get me wrong..they're not that different. They both play on teams that have the same philosophy...great defense..running game..minimal mistakes on offense.

The Deciding factor?..performing in the clutch..in the playoffs

Why didn't the Dolphins at least get to an AFC Championship under Jay Fiedler? The defense let us down somewhat in those games...giving up 21.3 pts a game...but the offense? PATHETIC..less than 9 pts a game. Jay Fiedler?..1 TD 7 INT's..that's just embarrassing.

Jake Delhomme (3-0 in the playoffs) 3 TD's 1 INT's..that's clutch!

The numbers just don't lie. The results don't lie.

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

Delhomme is better than Jay. No more excuses for Fiedler..after 1 year..I believed, after 2 years..I still believed, after 3 years..I still believed, after 4 years..goodbye Jay! I've heard every excuse..bad O-line..Chan Gaily's simplistic playbook...he was handcuffed..he has no weapons..ENOUGH!..he is not good enough for a team with title hopes. Detroit?..sure...Arizona?..probably..Miami..No More!

If Delhomme was available..I would love if Miami got him. He is Jay Fiedler..big heart..does more with less god-given ability...but he is cool under pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta remember that Delhomme was off balance on that play throwing against his body. A better example would be against the Cowboys. He got the intermediate throw to Steve Smith to beat the Rams.

Originally posted by Jaj
Gotta remember that Delhomme was off balance on that play throwing against his body. A better example would be against the Cowboys. He got the intermediate throw to Steve Smith to beat the Rams.

Ya but that wasnt a deep throw...Smith made that move in the secondary and took it to the house.

I'm not doggin' the guy or pushing Fiedler, I just think they're pretty close and I also think they play more conservatively on offense overall.

I wonder if other teams fans that want a new QB have ever considered Jay Fiedler. What would they say? Do they get frieghted at the thought like I do when people consider Kurt Warner for a Job here? What teams would want Fiedler? San Diego? Possibly Chicago untill Grossman's ready. What about Baltimore? In all honesty what the Dolphins should do is Draft some one promising... whether its Big Ben, or awkward Phillip, whatever the case, have this rook as the backup untill Jay Fiedler gets hurt in week 7 and then... a new era in dolphins history will begin.

Rick and Dan will get us our QB one way or another. I'm not worried about it....

QB J. Delhomme is much better than QB J. Fiedler IMO. He's much more accurate, and has a better deep ball. He's a smart QB, and doesn't make stupid mistakes like Fiedler does on a weekly basis....

Jay is always good for at least one TD a game....For the opposition that is.:cry:

I'd love to get QB A. Brooks down here. I doubt the Saints will allow that to happen, but you never know....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Originally posted by Gladsadmad

Delhomme is better than Jay. No more excuses for Fiedler..after 1 year..I believed, after 2 years..I still believed, after 3 years..I still believed, after 4 years..goodbye Jay! I've heard every excuse..bad O-line..Chan Gaily's simplistic playbook...he was handcuffed..he has no weapons..ENOUGH!..he is not good enough for a team with title hopes. Detroit?..sure...Arizona?..probably..Miami..No More!

If Delhomme was available..I would love if Miami got him. He is Jay Fiedler..big heart..does more with less god-given ability...but he is cool under pressure.

Couldn't agree with you more. This is a team that should not accept anything but top level performance. Of course most guys can't deliver that 100% of the time; but Fiedler has led Miami to how many comeback wins in his career? Not that many, he has cost them more games down the stretch with his errant throws than he has led them on a game winning drive. That is the difference between him and Delhomme. I would take Trent Dilfer ahead of Fielderl

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
Rick and Dan will get us our QB one way or another. I'm not worried about it....

QB J. Delhomme is much better than QB J. Fiedler IMO. He's much more accurate, and has a better deep ball. He's a smart QB, and doesn't make stupid mistakes like Fiedler does on a weekly basis....

Jay is always good for at least one TD a game....For the opposition that is.:cry:

I'd love to get QB A. Brooks down here. I doubt the Saints will allow that to happen, but you never know....

PHINZ RULE!!!:pirate:

Brooks would be great but i agree its unlikely. The only thing I dont like about Brooks is his eratic decision making and perhaps some questionable history with Ricky. I like Brunell as much as anyone. He has a fair deep ball, good acuracy and most importantly he makes few mistakes. With our D I would always rather not take the risk and punt. I seems to work for Carolina and NE. Both QBs are not physically dominant but are smart and make few mistakes. Lets follow the formula we have already started.

Back
Top Bottom