Welker - 28th in KR, and 15th in PR. No TDs | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker - 28th in KR, and 15th in PR. No TDs

This is a bad bad thread.

Welker isn't the greatest KR we know we know.

He is still a very solid PR, one of the reasons his yards per punt return aren't as high as previous years is because he had the 2nd most returns in the league. I kinda put that in the same catagory as YPC. You can bust one big one and then do crap on your next 5 and still have a good average. Welker is consistant field position from a punt returning standpoint.

Here's his 2005 and 2004 stats

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=pavg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2005

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=pavg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2004

11th and 5th. You notice that the more we use Welker as a WR, the less effective of a PR he becomes. For him to be consistantly in the top half of NFL punt returners while getting as much time and punishment from KR let alone WR is pretty remarkable.

Get off Wes. Wes is solid.

Wes had 29 fair catches as a punt returner which is to much
PLEASE check out the other punt returner fair catches and you will see there is a huge problem here.I'm tired of everyone jumping on the wes is a good punt returner when in reality he is not.Wes had 41 returns the same as Woodson but Woodson had 2 fair catches and Wes had 29...I could name 15 of the top punt returners that had less than 10 fair catches

Wes is leaving so much yardage on the field by playing SAFE
If Wes would have returned 20 of those 29 fair catches at his average he would have been second in the league to Hester.

Continue to say he's decent as a punt returner and we will have him next year be number 1 again in fair catches.Can ANYONE IMAGINE TED GINN WITH 70 OPPORTUNITIES TO RUN BACK PUNTS...I have a feeling he would have more than 378 total yards

PLEASE check out the other punt returner fair catches and you will see there is a huge problem here.I'm tired of everyone jumping on the wes is a good punt returner when in reality he is not.Wes had 41 returns the same as Woodson but Woodson had 2 fair catches and Wes had 29...I could name 15 of the top punt returners that had less than 10 fair catches

Wes is leaving so much yardage on the field by playing SAFE
If Wes would have returned 20 of those 29 fair catches at his average he would have been second in the league to Hester.

Continue to say he's decent as a punt returner and we will have him next year be number 1 again in fair catches.Can ANYONE IMAGINE TED GINN WITH 70 OPPORTUNITIES TO RUN BACK PUNTS...I have a feeling he would have more than 378 total yards

Ginn would be awesome. 2006 was Wes' worst year for punt returns. It's also the most load he's had in his NFL career. He's still in the top 15 easily and I say in the top 10 for punt returners.

Really? I remember maybe once or twice but too many? I think I need some proof.
It was more then once or twice. I'm not talking about there being nobody around him and him flopping. He was probably going to go down anyway since defenders were closing in on him, but I mean untouched. That leaves no chance of missed tackles broken tackles etc.

The guy has a heart of steel but is soft. Too easy to bring down and he is so shifty he shifts once then twice then is on the ground. I wish I could prove it to you but unless you have the games taped I can't. I erase the games each week off my DVR.

stats aint nuthin man if you watch the game like everyone else you see what he does for this team.

PLEASE check out the other punt returner fair catches and you will see there is a huge problem here.

Your right, the problem is the blocking not Wes, Do you even watch the games? Wes does not fair catch unless he's absolutely certainly going to get plowed and even then he often still catches the ball and sidesteps the defender. So to blame Wes for having to faircatch to much is just obsurd.

Welker is clearly not the return man that Hester is, but then, who is really? He gets the job done, and he contributes outside of the return game. I like his fire, and I'd like to see us keep him. He's the kind of guy you might find on a Pioli/Belichick team.

Huh. Nice to see I get it right at least once in a while. Unfortunate that Welker actually ended up on the Patriots, though.

This thread is funny! Can you say like 110 catches and the best slot guy ever with Brady at the helm? Its also funny seeing the Ginn stuff -- Boomer was the only guy to say we would snag him.

If there's one thing I ever predicted right, it was Welker in that offense.

Maybe not the league-leading production, but definitely as a dangerous weapon.

LOL The good old days! I remember getting in heated debates with folks over this and then getting laughed at for saying I would take Welker anyday over Chambers. My how the times have changed! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom