Welker - 28th in KR, and 15th in PR. No TDs | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker - 28th in KR, and 15th in PR. No TDs

Welker isn't that great of a kick returner. He's a good #3 receiver, maybe a #2... He catches slant route passes, easy passes. He's not out there trying to make the fly route catches. I'd rather Welker not return kicks next year, I'd be happy with him playing the #3 receiver position. But to be completely honest, if he isn't on the team next year, I wouldn't shed a tear, he's replaceable.

This is a bad bad thread.

Welker isn't the greatest KR we know we know.

He is still a very solid PR, one of the reasons his yards per punt return aren't as high as previous years is because he had the 2nd most returns in the league. I kinda put that in the same catagory as YPC. You can bust one big one and then do crap on your next 5 and still have a good average. Welker is consistant field position from a punt returning standpoint.

Here's his 2005 and 2004 stats

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=pavg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2005

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=return&sort=pavg&league=nfl&season=2&year=2004

11th and 5th. You notice that the more we use Welker as a WR, the less effective of a PR he becomes. For him to be consistantly in the top half of NFL punt returners while getting as much time and punishment from KR let alone WR is pretty remarkable.

Get off Wes. Wes is solid.

agreed, new kick returner is needed. welker is still good a punt returns though, and a solid number 3

i love wes as a wr and pr but he can't kr at all

He's a TERRIBLE kick returner, period.

Nothing really needs to be explained about it either........

He's not an explosive returner, but he is consistent and wont fumble or make some stupid mistake like a lot of the top statistical returners do. But he did lead the team in receiving......

Just thought you homers needed to hear that.
Thank you ever so much for your input, its guys who write threads like this, that truly make my day.May i ask just what your point is? Unless im wrong wes finished ths season our leading reciever? Furthermore wes was the only guy open on third down, long or short yardage. We need to get a return guy with speed to burn, and hands of gold, but then thats what every team in the league wants.:tantrum: until we do get that guy Wes Welker will do just fine.:tantrum:

28th in the league is good???? HAHAHAHA U KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL AND WES WELKER GET RID OF HIM HE SUCKS!!!!

ok please, sir, tell me someone who is "proven" better, that also brings the heart and versatitlity that wes brings. And tell me how much said person would and how do we get him.

Wes Welker means a lot more to this team then some of you think and plenty of other teams would love have him on their team.

I know Im getting in a lot of trouble by arguing that Welker is more like Vince Papale than a good KR/PR and #3 WR, but the numbers are right in front of you all and I still get bashed for it.

Someone asked for my alternatives.
Vick, Hagan, Minor, Russell, draft, any FA that is actually fast and quick unlike Welker who somehow is stereotyped as being fast and quick because he happens to be 5'10".
You been smoking your own cigar aint you? go on admit it we wont think less of you,just because you took a little hit of yourself!

Signed
:ricky:

Most worthless thread ever :sidelol: Wes Welker is the Zach Thomas of our offense. This guy ain't going anywhere.

Still Welker was also a good WR and solid to count on. He was not the best, but also did not make alot of mistake and made alot of good plays

Back
Top Bottom