Welker Looks Great in Mini Camp | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Looks Great in Mini Camp

JIVE

Math enthusiast/badass MC
Reaction score
There are quite a few blurbs on him in here and how well he has been doing so far in mini camp. I thought you guys might be interested.

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/

It won't let me copey and paste the specific parts about him but their are a few entries with praise for him, even saying he looks the best of any player at camp.

I like Welker. I want him to have fourteen good games, but to be held without any catches for when NE plays us.

He is the type of player that works hard and it pays off. I just wished he didn't goto the Pats : /

Tom Brady talked to the media on Tuesday and discussed one of his new weapons: Wes Welker. Brady came away as the early leader for quote of the year when he compared Welker to a Labrador retriever.
“Wes has killed us the last few years, with the Dolphins. It’s nice to have him in a Patriot uniform. He has great quickness. He’s very smart. He’s like a Labrador out there. You can throw the ball, he runs and fetches it, runs back, gets to the huddle and looks up and he’s panting with sweat coming down his face. He’s been great to have around. He works extremely hard. He sets a great example. The one thing is that we’ve brought in some veteran players who have some leadership ability and who are really willing to make sacrifices to win. It’s been nice over the years, so many of our guys have left for other teams via free agency, coaches have left, but it’s nice to be able to add some veteran players that are very professional at this point in your career – you show up to work, you know what is expected of you, you’re willing to put that work in, rather than a 22, 21-year-old rookie who you hope brings his playbook to the meeting at the right time. It’s a little bit different in that sense. It’s been fun in offseason workouts thus far. We have three weeks left and we have to finish up strong.”
We’ll be back on Wednesday with more updates from mini-camp.

Tom means he LOOKS GREAT. You know.

There are quite a few blurbs on him in here and how well he has been doing so far in mini camp. I thought you guys might be interested.

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/

It won't let me copey and paste the specific parts about him but their are a few entries with praise for him, even saying he looks the best of any player at camp.

I wonder how many compliments you Pats fans gave Wes when he was a Dolphin compared to how many you'll give him now

Welker is just good enough to get you beat, he teases but he really doesn't produce many touchdowns.

I liked him like everybody does, you like to pull for the underdog, but a second rounder and a seventh rounder for him was a steal.

I really think the Patsies got pretty desperate this off-season in their attempts to get back over the hill, and in the end it will hasten their fall.

Moss is a cancer.

Wes was a real bright spot the last few years, but c'mon, a second and a seventh for a guy like that? The Rams got Marshall Faulk in his prime for a second and a fifth! Wes will play his guts out, but eventually that convict with the snowplow is gonna get the call to sweep his headless body off the field after he gets crushed on a punt return. Maybe it'll even be Abraham Wright ( the guy we took with your seventh rounder )who blasts him.

clear.gif

I wonder how many compliments you Pats fans gave Wes when he was a Dolphin compared to how many you'll give him now

Most Pats fans I know have been slobering over Welker since his first year with the Dolphins. On my fave Patriots board everyone was always saying how they wished he was a Patriot, well before the trade happened.

Welker is just good enough to get you beat, he teases but he really doesn't produce many touchdowns.

I liked him like everybody does, you like to pull for the underdog, but a second rounder and a seventh rounder for him was a steal.

I really think the Patsies got pretty desperate this off-season in their attempts to get back over the hill, and in the end it will hasten their fall.

Moss is a cancer.

You can say that all summer if it makes you feel better, the bottom line is nothing you say is going to change what happens when the season starts. Get ready for it, it's going to hurt. :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

Well, considering the fact that he burned us virtually every game, a lot of us gave him compliments.... back-handed or straight-out. :wink:

I bet the lions den that is our linebackers won't take to kindly to his parting words and make sure he gets a good deal of lumber laid to him. I'm rooting for Yerimiah Bell to come up and knock Welker's *** out.

Well, considering the fact that he burned us virtually every game, a lot of us gave him compliments.... back-handed or straight-out. :wink:

You must be easily impressed if you think Wes burned the Pats virtually every game. He only had 157 yards and no tds in his 4 meeting against you guys. That is an average of under 40 yards a game.

He had 2 receptions for 61 yards in his first meeting. 2 receptions for 20 yards in his second meeting, 9 receptions for 77 yards in his third meeting, and 1 reception for -1 yard in his last meeting.

Those overall numbers are not bad, but not very impressive either. If you think Wes burned you guys, I can't imagine what you Pats fans say about Marvin Harrison. Since he had 8 receptions for 145 yards and 2 tds in just his last regular season game against the Pats. :D

Don't get me wrong, I like Wes and think that he is a great addition to your team. I just feel that you guys way overpaid and am happy that we made the trade.

i think we got the better end of the bargain personally...but welker is a solid player and will be a great returner for the pats

Back
Top Bottom