Welker Looks Great in Mini Camp | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Welker Looks Great in Mini Camp

Don't get me wrong, I like Wes and think that he is a great addition to your team. I just feel that you guys way overpaid and am happy that we made the trade.

How can anyone judge this trade yet? What, you're happy over speculation? For all we know it could work out terrible for one side. Until then, saying you're happy about the trade is just talk to convince yourself you won the trade before we see the results.

I mean, I hope Wes works out for us, but he might not. Then again, he could thrive. I'll wait before I call who won this deal.

And yeah, I feel we over-payed a bit for him. Seems you guys did a similar move with Ginn at the 9 spot. I mean, the Houston argument is not even valid. Who looks to Houston as a draft standard? I mean, if they wanted him, isn't that a clue not to pick him?

I think he will be a good NFL player in the end, but he was a reach at 9. You'll overpay him for where you picked him, but in the end, does overpayment really matter? We'll see I guess. With the rate of busts in the NFL, if you know what you are getting for a role you need, then overpayment is all relative.

You must be easily impressed if you think Wes burned the Pats virtually every game. He only had 157 yards and no tds in his 4 meeting against you guys. That is an average of under 40 yards a game.

He had 2 receptions for 61 yards in his first meeting. 2 receptions for 20 yards in his second meeting, 9 receptions for 77 yards in his third meeting, and 1 reception for -1 yard in his last meeting.

Those overall numbers are not bad, but not very impressive either. If you think Wes burned you guys, I can't imagine what you Pats fans say about Marvin Harrison. Since he had 8 receptions for 145 yards and 2 tds in just his last regular season game against the Pats. :D

Don't get me wrong, I like Wes and think that he is a great addition to your team. I just feel that you guys way overpaid and am happy that we made the trade.

Wanna know why he was held in check the last meeting? Because New England double-teamed him the entire game. And that was a result of the first meeting, where he did burn them.

Miami got a good deal for him, but New England will get its money's worth. I don't think we've seen everything Welker's got. But I think a lot of fans underrate what we've already seen.

Wanna know why he was held in check the last meeting? Because New England double-teamed him the entire game. And that was a result of the first meeting, where he did burn them.

Miami got a good deal for him, but New England will get its money's worth. I don't think we've seen everything Welker's got. But I think a lot of fans underrate what we've already seen.

I think a lot of fans overrate both him and Bell.

There are quite a few blurbs on him in here and how well he has been doing so far in mini camp. I thought you guys might be interested.

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/

It won't let me copey and paste the specific parts about him but their are a few entries with praise for him, even saying he looks the best of any player at camp.

It's MINI-CAMP, everyone looks good in mini-camp. Read the reviews out of NY and you'll hear how great Justin McCareins has been. A year ago we heard how great Daunte Culpepper looked. It's meaningless.

Well, considering the fact that he burned us virtually every game, a lot of us gave him compliments.... back-handed or straight-out. :wink:

Where does this myth about Welker killing the Pats come from? h had ONE good game against you.

2005:

vs. NE: 2 recs, 61 yds, 0 TDs
at NE: 2 recs, 20 yds, 0 TDs

2006:

at NE: 9 recs, 77 yds(a whopping 8.6 per), 0 TDs
vs. NE: 1 rec, -1 yds

Lets total that up:

4 games, 14 recs, 157 yds, 0 TDs

per game average: 3.5 recs, 39 yds, 0 TDs

Why would NE double team Welker? were all those dump offs really killing NE from the 1st meeting in '06? 9 recs sounds like alot but but averaging 8.6 per w/ only 2 1st downs PLUS 2 passes intended for Welker were picked off and NE wold score Tds off those TOs. It doesn't mak any sense for NE to double WE- maybe that's why they won the 1st meeting and lost the 2nd?

Most Pats fans I know have been slobering over Welker since his first year with the Dolphins. On my fave Patriots board everyone was always saying how they wished he was a Patriot, well before the trade happened.

I'm not talking about your message board, I'm talking about the trolls here

Where does this myth about Welker killing the Pats come from? h had ONE good game against you.

2005:

vs. NE: 2 recs, 61 yds, 0 TDs
at NE: 2 recs, 20 yds, 0 TDs

2006:

at NE: 9 recs, 77 yds(a whopping 8.6 per), 0 TDs
vs. NE: 1 rec, -1 yds

Lets total that up:

4 games, 14 recs, 157 yds, 0 TDs

per game average: 3.5 recs, 39 yds, 0 TDs

Why would NE double team Welker? were all those dump offs really killing NE from the 1st meeting in '06? 9 recs sounds like alot but but averaging 8.6 per w/ only 2 1st downs PLUS 2 passes intended for Welker were picked off and NE wold score Tds off those TOs. It doesn't mak any sense for NE to double WE- maybe that's why they won the 1st meeting and lost the 2nd?

How can a guy burn a team without scoring a TD anyway?

Why do i have a feeling he is going to have better numbers than Tedd Ginn in 07 and 08.

Why do i have a feeling he is going to have better numbers than Tedd Ginn in 07 and 08.

because randy moss will be taking plays off, stallworth will have a hammy injury and then there will be welker, getting every open 8-10 yard route with zero t.d.'s.

How can anyone judge this trade yet? What, you're happy over speculation? For all we know it could work out terrible for one side. Until then, saying you're happy about the trade is just talk to convince yourself you won the trade before we see the results.

It does not matter how good or bad Welker ends up doing with the Pats to make this a good or bad trade for the Dolphins. Welker was nothing more than a 3rd WR and a special teams player for the Dolphins. A guy, that in my opinion, can be replaced. To get a 2nd and a 7th round draft pick for him was a good move for the Dolphins no matter how he performs in NE. Welker may end up being a pro bowl receiver for you guys, but he never showed that he could be anything close to that in Miami.

You guys picked up Randy Moss for a 4th round pick and Pats fans don't have any trouble judging that trade as a success.

He had a good game, but 9 rec for 77 yds is not great.

because randy moss will be taking plays off, stallworth will have a hammy injury and then there will be welker, getting every open 8-10 yard route with zero t.d.'s.
thanks for atleast saying ted ginn sucks.

I like Wes, I wish him luck.

He's got a lot of heart and good work ethic, if he had the athletic abilty to match that, he'd be a top 10 reciever.

We only got the better half of that deal if Satale pans out.

I bet the lions den that is our linebackers won't take to kindly to his parting words and make sure he gets a good deal of lumber laid to him. I'm rooting for Yerimiah Bell to come up and knock Welker's *** out.

Welker will be good in NE, but he'll be no Ted Ginn. :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom