Well some people are showing their true colors. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well some people are showing their true colors.

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I'm not going to get on my high horse and act like this decision doesn't bug me. I'm not going to act like I could care less and I don't think this changes our season but you people are really starting to make me sick.

We ALL KNEW Ricky was a risk when we brought him in. We should feel fortunate that we got 2 great years out of the guy. He came here he ran hard, he produced he did what was asked of him for AS LONG AS HE WANTED TO.

I keep hearing this "responsiblity" crap. Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? How is he "responsible" for anything but his own life? This team banked on him, paid a pretty penny to bring him in, THEY built the team around HIM, not the other way around. The FO misplaced their trust on a player that was a gamble in the beginning and now we all have to pay a price for it. They built the team around ricky, something he never asked for. He never asked for more carries..hell he was happy with Minor as the 3rd round back. The FO rested on it's laurels and tried to have him carry the team. Instead of investing heavily in potent offensive WEAPONS and hungerly pursuing a franchise QB over the last few years. THEY banked on Ricky. I think Feeley has what it takes but i severly question his effectiveness without Ricky's running game. Something that would not be a problem had they secured a franchise QB BEFORE Marino retired. Same damn story as when Dan retired. The FO built the team around ONE guy never planning for the future and they scrammbled to fix it when he left. THEIR problem not his.

Ricky is a rich man, he doesn't owe us a damn thing. "we embraced him, we loved him"....well if Ricky ever did say something right it was that he was figuing out who his TRUE fans were. It's not the fairweather fans that stand by a player when he's good and then push him out the door as he approaches old age. The fact is Ricky has given WAY more to this franchise than they've given back. He's carried it for two years, HE has been the franchise player selling thousands of tickets just to see him, selling merchandise and bringing new fans to the team (those fans will leave now btw but i'll still be here). He's given them their due, now let him take his. "but people paid money to see him play this year" yeah, obviously they did so in effect he's sold THREE years worth of tickets while only taking 2 years in salary. He doesn't owe those fans a thing, he could be sick, injured, or suspended and not play those games. Fans that buy tickets to see a single player rather than a game are foolish to do so in the first place.

people are taking this WAY too damn personally. He made a PERSONAL decision to leave the GAME of football. That's it, he's a player that left a GAME. We knew he was different so just let him be. He doesn't like the spotlight yet he stood in it for a few years for us. If anything WE owe HIM the understanding to let him walk. And YES it is bad timing and he will be sorely missed. but I'm not going to get Rabidly made and slew his name. This is obviously something that came out after his trip to Australia. Do you people that say "I give 2 weeks notice" REALLY think that 2 weeks notice would have made a difference? We could have had over the hill Eddie George...no thanks. We have Minor, we'll make do and rebuild. Let him leave and wish him luck.

Very nice post!

He must take care of himself and his family first!

Yeah and he is doing that by buying a one way ticket to Asia? :rolleyes:

yay this year we can win in spite of ricky leaving us instead of winning in spite of fiedler

I saw people quitting on another board too, a guy named Chambers84 was saying it's such a good thing he likes the Heat more than the Dolphins:mad:

booo Chambers boo.

The Dolphins will win it all and AJ will be a Pro Bowler

Last time I checked, one player doesn't make a team. Ricky is one player. And we still have a heckuva team left over.

I for one am excited about the unknown (after the numbness wore off).

feeleyjustwins said:
I saw people quitting on another board too, a guy named Chambers84 was saying it's such a good thing he likes the Heat more than the Dolphins:mad:

What are you, 12, or you can't read? Please pick one.

I said it's the good thing I like the Heat as as much as I like the Dolphins, because I atleast I have October to look forward to. Don't call me out unless you truly know how to READ.

FiN.in.RI said:
this is gonna take the team to a higher level...YOU ALL WATCH ... a lot of these guys have been here before ricky, remember that..

Yay, you are a good faN RI!

AJ will lead them to wins and a title.

FJW

(aka-Tad)

ChambersOwnz84 said:
What are you, 12, or you can't read? Please pick one.

I said it's the good thing I like the Heat as as much as I like the Dolphins, because I atleast I have October to look forward to. Don't call me out unless you truly know how to READ.

What are you, and old fogey--hahahahahah OLD MAN. I am in my thirties and read finely. Just as much, more, who cares, you are a deserter.

I have seen my partner rip you to shreds at KFFL, he may be a Patsy fan, but he's smart, not like you!

Go Dolphins

Boo Hiss Chamberzowns84.

FeeleyJustWins

(aka-Tad)

feeleyjustwins said:
What are you, and old fogey--hahahahahah OLD MAN. I am in my thirties and read finely. Just as much, more, who cares, you are a deserter.

I have seen my partner rip you to shreds at KFFL, he may be a Patsy fan, but he's smart, not like you!

Go Dolphins

Boo Hiss Chamberzowns84.

FeeleyJustWins

(aka-Tad)

This guys is seriously retarded, and I don't care whether that's a personal attack or not.

What's wrong with liking the Heat as much as I like the Dolphins? I grew up watching Dan Marino and loved the Heat just as much back in the Steve Smith days.

Old man? That proves that you also cannot subtract 2004 by 1986. :eek:

Here's the EXACT quote:

Chambers84 said:
I'm glad I always loved the Heat as much as I love the Fins...I feel sorry for all of the straight up Fins fans

Which means I feel sorry for all the people who ONLY like the Dolphins. :rolleyes:

FiN.in.RI said:
this is gonna take the team to a higher level...YOU ALL WATCH ... a lot of these guys have been here before ricky, remember that..
I hope your right! There is still a whole bunch of talent on this team! It's a good thing I have a Jason Taylor jersey. :D

IMO, I dont think that it's the decision to retire that is bugging everyone here. It's the timing and the total lack of common decency and professionalism. If you want to retire, fine... However, there is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. Heading off to Asia because people in Jamaica live in shacks days before training camp begins when the pieces of the puzzle are supposed to be put into place is the wrong, unprofessional way to do it. For that reason, I have no respect for RW's decision to leave the way he did. Not because of his decision to retire, but because of the lack of decency in the manner that he acted.

At least that's what bothers me. It's almost as if he intentially put this team in a bad position. I know that's not the case, but I can't help but wonder the timing of all this. I went to QB school, and watched him work out and practice drills... like i said, no decency.

Alls i got to say is fu*ck ricky wut a *****... he couild have retired in the beginning of that god damn season... now what we have a descent running back and there were some good running backs in Free agency... so now what....

You called me a retard, and that's very persoanl!

I am smart, I just don't know football well, so i have to rely on my partner for information.

FeeleyJustWins

(aka-Tad)

Back
Top Bottom