Well some people are showing their true colors. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well some people are showing their true colors.

I'm just going to buckle up and ride this crazy ride as I have every year for the past 20 years. I don't think this year is going to be as bad as the doomsayers are predicting. This is actually going to let the offense open up other weapons rather than run Ricky everyplay. I have a good feeling about this season and good luck to Ricky whatever he does. GO PHINS!!!

SleepWithDaFish said:
I'm just going to buckle up and ride this crazy ride as I have every year for the past 20 years. I don't think this year is going to be as bad as the doomsayers are predicting. This is actually going to let the offense open up other weapons rather than run Ricky everyplay. I have a good feeling about this season and good luck to Ricky whatever he does. GO PHINS!!!
GREAT POST MAN YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH EXACTLY. RICKY WILL BE A GREAT LOST BUT THIS MIGHT B A GOODTHING.THEY WAY SOME PEOPLE ARE TALKING WE SHOULD NOT EVEN PLAY THIS SEASON.I SAY WE MAKE THE PLAYOFFS WITHOT RICKY THIS YEAR YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST. :D

NCFINFAN38 said:
It is just this kind of libiral thinking that is the downfall of this nation. Yeah no one is responible for his actions. It is alright to do what your heart tells ya. No matter how selfish, perverted, or harmful it is to others. This is such BS. I guess these Serial killers that are just following their heart are just people trying to "find themselves". They are all just misunderstood, right?? Just let them do whatever they wish. It's their decision right?? What a crock.

No man you really need to look at the big picture. He was payed millions of dollars to play a game because there are HUNDREDS of millions of dollars that will be lost when he makes selfish self centered decisions like this. When he says he can no longer follow rules and he NOW feels FREE. All he is saying is he thinks no one follows rules and laws. He has smoked one too many joints and is now living in a fantasy world. If he now thinks he will have less rules to follow now that he is no longer a professional, he has it backward. Now he is just another pot head, waiting to get caught and join Cecil Collins in the big house. We all have rules to follow and will follow them or pay the price. It is called society. You either abide by the rules or you are punished.

Lets play this out in other professions. What if your doctor was getting ready to open you up for a life saving heart tranplant and a few hours before the donors heart gets to the hospital the MD up and says "screw this, I am not gonna live up to my responiblity, I want to go see a movie and smoke a dobe." Well its his choice, right. You die, but no big deal, at least he got to do what he wanted, right???

Don't try and make what he done alright. It's not. This is not about football, it is about this idea that NO one should have to answer for the damage their actions have on others.

Ricky is a drug addict who has decided he would rather pursue that than live up to his responiblities. He has addmitted to long term usage. They should hunt him down and tail him until they catch him using, and then see how he likes the rules from the inside of a prison. That is what would happen if you or me were to admit publically we used drugs on a regular bases. Then he would get to know what rules really are.

You should REALLY check yourself buddy. First if you ever read the Political forums you'd KNOW i'm sure as hell not a liberal. I do NOT invite the "go find yourself love your brothers" attitude. You are comparing ricky QUITTING FROM A GAME TO SERIAL KILLERS MURDERING PEOPLE. THAT is a HUGE problem. Do you understand that this is a GAME? This was his JOB a perfectly LEGAL job he he LEGALLY QUIT. Just as millions of people every year quit their jobs leaving their employers in a lurch. Ask any retail store manager, any restaurant manager what it's like to have someone quit in a lurch. It's a ***** I assure you but it's A WAY OF LIFE. And EVERYONE has the right to choose their fricking job. Have you ALWAYS given adequate notice to your employers? What makes you so damn untouchable? I'll wager money here that 90% of the people on this forum have quit a job without giving adequate notice. To compare those actions to serial killers?! Now THAT is liberal thinking "let's blow everything out of proprotion" thinking.

Have you EVER played a sport? I'm just wondering becasue everyone at least considers quitting at one time or another. We know he has depression problems and doesn' like the spotlight yet we shoved him in it anyway. And then we're surprised that he couldn't take it? Get real! The guy is paid a few million dollars while OTHERS make HUNDREDS of millions of dollars off his beating his body up. He has EVERY RIGHT to leave when he wants. If I was a football player I sure as hell wouldn't play past 30.

It's known he failed a drug test, this is OOOOOOLD news. yet now it's the reason he's leaving? Sorry, my BS meter is going off. People hear "jamaica" and "free" and automatically assume he's quitting to smoke dope. Has he EVER said he's quitting to smoke dope? Ijust want to see that quote. What he was SAYING was that he was NOT happy with his life. He doesn't like taking orders, eating what they tell him etc. etc. etc. He wants to be his OWN boss. And with a couple mill in his pocket and a college education under his belt (he said he wants to go back btw) he has that oppertunity.

Where was this animosity about smoking dope BEFORE he quit? hmmm....it wasn't there. It disappointed a few people but was NOWHERE NEAR the "issue" that it is currently. What a retarded stance "he's not playing for us so we shouldn't over look his pot smoking anymore. Let's get his ***!". It's like the little whiney kid that doesn't get his way on the play ground so he keeps the football and doesn't let anyone else play. Well whiney kid this just may not be about pot smoking. It may just be that he's tired of playing football and thinks his time would be better spent being his own boss experiencing other things that life has to offer. Maybe he wants to get away from the mobs of people that constantly bug him, the long hot training camps, the prying cameras and paparazzi, the interviews, the football hits, and the spot light JUST LIKE HE HAS ALWAYS SAID HE HAS HATED.

THis isn't new people! It's like a big "duh". yes it DOES suck, but he NEVER changed his tune. He put on a public act for exactly as long as he could tolerate and he left. Enough was enough he took all the **** of something he doesn't like that he could take and left. Just like ANY of you would do.

feeleyjustwins said:
What are you, and old fogey--hahahahahah OLD MAN. I am in my thirties and read finely. Just as much, more, who cares, you are a deserter.

I have seen my partner rip you to shreds at KFFL, he may be a Patsy fan, but he's smart, not like you!

Go Dolphins

Boo Hiss Chamberzowns84.

FeeleyJustWins

(aka-Tad)

ChambersOwnz84 said:
This guys is seriously retarded, and I don't care whether that's a personal attack or not.

What's wrong with liking the Heat as much as I like the Dolphins? I grew up watching Dan Marino and loved the Heat just as much back in the Steve Smith days.

Old man? That proves that you also cannot subtract 2004 by 1986. :eek:

:tsk:

FeeleyJustWins...

We don't condone personal attacks here... you had absolutely no reason to call CO84 out on this board, especially for something he may or may not have said somewhere else... please don't do that again...

CO84 ...

I understand your frustration... but please try to refrain from retaliation... rise above it instead...

Thanks

Football is a business and Ricky Williams made a business decision. Albeit, a poor one. I dont care if he didnt have the passion to play the game anymore or not, he does have a responsibility to his employers to give proper notification when he plans to leave the team and the league. IMO he had to have known for weeks that he wasnt going to return, why not give someone a clue so that they can try to get a replacement for him. He has screwed over his teammates and all of his fans. The Dolphins gave up two first round picks for him and he cant even finish out his contract? Garbage if you ask me. But if he decides to come back, someone in the NFL will give him a second chance because of his ability. If I was a Phin fan, I would be pissed. He has put the team in a very poor spot. They either trade for someone(and lose vital parts of a winning team) or call this year a loss and regroup for the next. Hope he is having some fun in Asia.

Phinzone said:
I'm not going to get on my high horse and act like this decision doesn't bug me. I'm not going to act like I could care less and I don't think this changes our season but you people are really starting to make me sick.

We ALL KNEW Ricky was a risk when we brought him in. We should feel fortunate that we got 2 great years out of the guy. He came here he ran hard, he produced he did what was asked of him for AS LONG AS HE WANTED TO.

I keep hearing this "responsiblity" crap. Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? How is he "responsible" for anything but his own life? This team banked on him, paid a pretty penny to bring him in, THEY built the team around HIM, not the other way around. The FO misplaced their trust on a player that was a gamble in the beginning and now we all have to pay a price for it. They built the team around ricky, something he never asked for. He never asked for more carries..hell he was happy with Minor as the 3rd round back. The FO rested on it's laurels and tried to have him carry the team. Instead of investing heavily in potent offensive WEAPONS and hungerly pursuing a franchise QB over the last few years. THEY banked on Ricky. I think Feeley has what it takes but i severly question his effectiveness without Ricky's running game. Something that would not be a problem had they secured a franchise QB BEFORE Marino retired. Same damn story as when Dan retired. The FO built the team around ONE guy never planning for the future and they scrammbled to fix it when he left. THEIR problem not his.

Ricky is a rich man, he doesn't owe us a damn thing. "we embraced him, we loved him"....well if Ricky ever did say something right it was that he was figuing out who his TRUE fans were. It's not the fairweather fans that stand by a player when he's good and then push him out the door as he approaches old age. The fact is Ricky has given WAY more to this franchise than they've given back. He's carried it for two years, HE has been the franchise player selling thousands of tickets just to see him, selling merchandise and bringing new fans to the team (those fans will leave now btw but i'll still be here). He's given them their due, now let him take his. "but people paid money to see him play this year" yeah, obviously they did so in effect he's sold THREE years worth of tickets while only taking 2 years in salary. He doesn't owe those fans a thing, he could be sick, injured, or suspended and not play those games. Fans that buy tickets to see a single player rather than a game are foolish to do so in the first place.

people are taking this WAY too damn personally. He made a PERSONAL decision to leave the GAME of football. That's it, he's a player that left a GAME. We knew he was different so just let him be. He doesn't like the spotlight yet he stood in it for a few years for us. If anything WE owe HIM the understanding to let him walk. And YES it is bad timing and he will be sorely missed. but I'm not going to get Rabidly made and slew his name. This is obviously something that came out after his trip to Australia. Do you people that say "I give 2 weeks notice" REALLY think that 2 weeks notice would have made a difference? We could have had over the hill Eddie George...no thanks. We have Minor, we'll make do and rebuild. Let him leave and wish him luck.

Really bad post IMO.
Think for a second what football is about. Team players. Ricky has been faking it from the beginning. Lying to his team mates and his fans and giving them reason to trust him.
He doesn't owe us anything? Personally you may be correct...however professionally?? BULL$HIT!! He owes the fans and organization a heckuva lot for the investment we placed him him and for believing in his obviously fake persona.
The way he handled this entire fiasco reeks of someone on drugs. I hope he never gets involved with children because he has presented a case study for how to be an AZZHOLE.

There's a fruitcake lurking around this thread.......

I ain't calling out no names but......I smell fruitcake.

feeleyjustwins said:
I hope so, Wayne Huizenga thinks AJ will be the next dan Marino, and I agree.

Go Dolphins!!!!!

FeeleyJustWins
damn, they must have some killer bud in Springfield, Mass.

Phinzone said:
Enough was enough he took all the **** of something he doesn't like that he could take and left. Just like ANY of you would do.

If your circle of friends adhere to this type of life then I truly feel for ya.
Especially if they work in the medical profession.
To live a lie is one thing, but to show disrespect to those who have invested a heap of trust in you is not rule of thumb from where I sit.
On top of all that, he wants to work with children...what a way to start that career!!

Phinzone said:
I keep hearing this "responsiblity" crap. Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? How is he "responsible" for anything but his own life? .
He is responsible for living up to his obligations. When Ricky accepted his signing bonus he made a commitment to show up and perform till the end of his contract. When we acquired his contract we also acquired that obligation from Ricky. If Ricky didnt think he could live up to his promise he should never have accepted his signing bonus. Also, if Ricky needed to be "free" this badly, then the least he could do is go to the front office before it was too late for the Phins to find a replacement, with a check for the prorated portion of his signing bonus in hand since he was in breach of contract. Wish him well? Let me put it this way....I hope everyone Ricky comes in contact with honors their promises to him as well as he honors his promises to others.

My example is lets say you work at a firm and you have been working for months and months on making this one presentation to a huge potential client that your firm basically needs to meet its goals, or stay afloat, or just so that all of you can make your salaries or keep your jobs.

Lets say someone who lets say won the lottery a few years ago but has continued to work at your firm, takes on an important role in preparing and executing this presentation, voluntarily, and they work really hard at it. The months of preparation go by and everyone is being held accountable as a team for the success of this presentation and getting this account.

Then the guy who voluntarily took this important role upon his shoulders, bows out at the 11th hour because he has all the money he needs, and doesn't want to deal with the pressure anymore.

Lets say you are a co-worker of his, and his bowing out screws up the company's chances of getting this account. Would you be angry? I mean, this is a team effort, and your life, your financial stability, the success of this company are all tied to the success, yet one guy bows out because, he has decided he doesn't need to work anymore.

I tell you what, if I was that co-worker, the guy who bowed out better not show his face near me for YEARS because I would put a boot directly in his @ss. I would physically hurt the man.

Sometimes you have obligations to people. Why? Because you took those obligations upon your shoulders. If you ALLOW people to depend on you, and then you fail them in the final moments for selfish reasons (as 'noble' as these selfish reasons may be), you should expect the people who depend on you to be mad at you.

The players and coaches of the Dolphins must feel this pain and they have every right to...and furthermore, as an extension of those players the fans have a right to feel that pain by virtue of their emotional connections to the team and players. We feel it sympathetically...and there is some value to that because our sympathetic feelings toward teams in the NFL are what drives the NFL cash machine and pays these guys' salaries.

Ricky, in terms of the timing of all this, handled this all wrong. It wasn't like when Robert Smith retired, as he was a unrestricted free agent and no team really had a right to count on his services. It wasn't even like Barry, who had numerous fights with Lions management prior to his surprise retirement, because management should have seen it coming. The only way Dolphins management could have seen this coming would be by virtue of Ricky's complete weirdness and selfish nature. Thats not a viable signal, however, one that you can point to and say it was the Dolphins' responsibility to know that Ricky would do this. Ricky's issues are with the game of football, and the NFL rules and regulations, not the Dolphins. He owed it to the Dolphins to give them fair warning.

Anyone ever hear of 2 weeks notice? Well guess what in the NFL the equivalent of that, is just enough warning to find some kind of viable replacement, and Ricky waited so long that he didn't give the Dolphins even that much respect.

Ricky deserves no respect. None. Not anymore. He better not stay living in South Florida. He didn't think about what he has brought onto his head, and frankly at this point I will not feel bad for him no matter how bad the whirlwind becomes.

And I hope the Dolphins are able to recoup ALL of any signing bonus that they still were responsible for prorating against their cap.

Pro Football Talk speculated that its possible Ricky will have to pay the Dolphins $1.5 million a year for every year he stays retired, just like Eddie Kennison and Barry Sanders had to do. I hope the Dolphins pursue this, and I can't wait to see the poormouth "why me" wounded look on Ricky's face when they do it.

Im tired of guys saying he had to do whats in best interest of his family when in all actuality he did this b/c he was very uncomfortable that after this Mary Jane thing people started seeing his personal life some.Being in Asia for a 3 month trip isn't for your family dude!
Ricky likes smoking Cheeba and that's all there is to it.He didn't love the game enough for the commitment which is his choice but to do it in the way he did it ruined his reputation in the game forever even though we gave him a new lease on life.

Muck said:
Last time I checked, one player doesn't make a team. Ricky is one player. And we still have a heckuva team left over.

I for one am excited about the unknown (after the numbness wore off).

Exactly, well I think of one thing, since Miami can't do Run Ricky Run left, center, and right, they have to open up the O..this gives me some peace..I hope if JF is the starter he's improved...Marc T. do your thang bro. :D

ZOD said:

I picked up on that too......but what's the big deal?? Shouldn't make a difference.

I don't care at all what Ricky did............just when he did it.

ZOD said:

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :lol: :eek:

You cracked me up with that one.

I am certain that you are CORRECT.

Ahh, I needed a good laugh....Thanks Zod. :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom