Wes Welker on Waddle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes Welker on Waddle

How great would it be to have a player with Waddle's physical attributes, and Welker's ability to "set up" a defender and run precise routes?

Look out NFL DCs........................ That would be a chain movin MoFo.........

Last edited:
How great would it be to have a player with Waddle's physical attributes, and Welker's ability to "set up" a defender and run precise route?

Look out NFL DCs........................ That would be a chain movin MoFo.........
I honestly can’t wait until training camp.

How great would it be to have a player with Waddle's physical attributes, and Welker's ability to "set up" a defender and run precise routes?

I really hope Wes Welker is going to get a lot of tape of Cooper Kupp for Jaylen Waddle to watch. Forget Tyreek Hill comparisons, study Kupp and Waddle will be top 3 weapon in the league.

I really hope Wes Welker is going to get a lot of tape of Cooper Kupp for Jaylen Waddle to watch. Forget Tyreek Hill comparisons, study Kupp and Waddle will be top 3 weapon in the league.
I think Waddle has a bright future, but being 5’10” and 180lbs (ish) is always going to limit him in particular areas. It’s great to study how guys like Kupp and Adams always get open in double or triple coverage despite lacking elite speed. However, they are both ~4” taller and ~30lbs heavier than Waddle which gives a physical aspect to their game he will more than likely never be able to reproduce. I understand the Hill comparisons, but Waddle has the potential to be a more complete WR than him while filling a similar role.

That's great, but Waddle was already getting short passes for first downs. He's not a possession WR, I want him to not be a chain mover, but game breaker, take it to the house Wr. Save that for Bowden or other wrs, possession wrs to do that. Waddle's too fast, I want to see his ypc dramatically go up which I believe it's definitely capable of and then will see the big end of season receiving yards

My only thing with all the coaches and their Waddle hype is.... you get guys like DVP, that are probably thinking, "**** this young mf'er, why aint they hyping me up too" yes i know we only have like 10 skill players on offense under contract, and 50% arent even a lock to make the team. And Waddle does deserve the hype, but if I'm DVP I'm thinking "oh yall aint gonna talk me up?"

My only thing with all the coaches and their Waddle hype is.... you get guys like DVP, that are probably thinking, "**** this young mf'er, why aint they hyping me up too" yes i know we only have like 10 skill players on offense under contract, and 50% arent even a lock to make the team. And Waddle does deserve the hype, but if I'm DVP I'm thinking "oh yall aint gonna talk me up?"

How about play atleast 60% of your games for starters. Secondly, Get open against 2nd-3rs string defenders.

Until then shut your mouth!

Last edited:

How quickly people forget.

Hill is more impactful than any other skill player in the league when he doesn’t get the ball.

When he does get the ball, nobody is more dynamic.

Cooper Kupp is a stud. No doubt. But so are Devante Adams, Deandre Hopkins, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, and many others.

None of them impact and scare defenses the same as Tyreek Hill.

I‘d be far more happy if Waddle‘s path more closely resembled Hill than Kupp. So, no, I choose not forget the comparison to Hill.

How about play atleast 60% of your games for started. Secondly, Get open against 2nd-3rs string defenders.

Until then shut your mouth!

well in theory, he's played in 85% of his games.....113 out of a possible 133

'15 48% of overall snaps (rookie year, 3rd wr)
'16 80% of overall snaps
'17 65% of overall snaps
'18 47% of overall snaps (this was the year he was begging gase to let him play)
'19 89% of overall snaps
'20 74% of overall snaps
'21 49% of overall snaps
career 65% (should been higher if not in Gases dog house and if you dont factor in rookie year in which he was the 4th receiver behind stills, landry, matthews)

but its like i mentioned yesterday...you can finagle stats for however you desire.

Back
Top Bottom