Wes Welker on Waddle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wes Welker on Waddle

How quickly people forget.

Hill is more impactful than any other skill player in the league when he doesn’t get the ball.

When he does get the ball, nobody is more dynamic.

Cooper Kupp is a stud. No doubt. But so are Devante Adams, Deandre Hopkins, DK Metcalf, Deebo Samuel, AJ Brown, and many others.

None of them impact and scare defenses the same as Tyreek Hill.

I‘d be far more happy if Waddle‘s path more closely resembled Hill than Kupp. So, no, I choose not forget the comparison to Hill.
That's fair analysis. Wether he's more like Hill or Kupp or mixture of both, Waddle is going to be an exciting weapon for Miami.

Miami needs a slot guy like Welker, and let Waddle roam intermediate and extended routes once in awhile. Get a tough slot guy!!

But also what makes Hill more dynamic is the fact that teams have to respect that Maholmes can get the ball 65 yards down field to Hill. I know tua had the longest yards in air pass of the season, but if a WR gets 40+ yards downfield, most of the time the CB isnt gonna respect a laser over their shoulder like PM could throw.

As we saw against Buffalo in the postseason, Hill can outrun angles on shorter crossing routes like the play below.

He can score from any spot on the field. THAT’s what makes him different than everyone else. And what causes defenses to account for him on every single play.

Jaylen Waddle has some of that ability and I think we’ll see more of it next season under Mike McDaniel and with Waddle having another year to heal.

That's fair analysis. Wether he's more like Hill or Kupp or mixture of both, Waddle is going to be an exciting weapon for Miami.

Agreed.

He was an impact player as a rookie and largely wasn’t utilized correctly.

And was coming off a significant leg injury and played in an offense that couldn’t run the ball or block long enough to stretch the field vertically.

I can’t wait to see what happens with the threat of a rush attack and when the line buys some time for the QB and when there’s an additional worrisome threat lining up on the same side of the field.

well db might not respect it, but then he'll get burned. Tua doesn't have a cannon but he's a good deep passer, he was quite good at that at bama.

Didn't watch him much at Alabama but I believe it. Watching the early years of Tanny, and then watching other teams throw deep successfully made it pretty clear to me the deep ball is not the throw where a cannon is the most crucial. Saw lots of guys getting more air under the ball, giving the receiver more adjustment time, while we often had rockets with much less arc just a hair out of reach.

Those shorter sideline routes across the field, maybe we lay off those

Didn't watch him much at Alabama but I believe it. Watching the early years of Tanny, and then watching other teams throw deep successfully made it pretty clear to me the deep ball is not the throw where a cannon is the most crucial. Saw lots of guys getting more air under the ball, giving the receiver more adjustment time, while we often had rockets with much less arc just a hair out of reach.

Those shorter sideline routes across the field, maybe we lay off those
another thing with tanny tho, his alpha wr wallace wasnt gonna do him any favors and adjust for the deep ball or exert extra energy reaching out

Ted Ginn is NO Hill, I'm not even going to try to put them in the same league other than footspeed. But when we had Ted Ginn, even though he wasnt the stud we hoped, the other team HAD to keep one safety shaded over to respect his speed which opened it up for our other stud WRs like Hartline, Bess, Cammarilo. But also with the team having to respect Ginns speed, it opened up the running game because you cant keep 8 in the box if you have a guy that can go over the top at will.

Kupp is elite route runner who will almost always find a way to get open. that isnt Hill, Hill is just dangerous. But also what makes Hill more dynamic is the fact that teams have to respect that Maholmes can get the ball 65 yards down field to Hill. I know tua had the longest yards in air pass of the season, but if a WR gets 40+ yards downfield, most of the time the CB isnt gonna respect a laser over their shoulder like PM could throw.

But i really see McD having a lot of insight on the WR room, possibly just as much as welker. he only coached WR for 2 years, but his eyes sort of lit up in one of his interviews discussing "im going to teach the WR how to never get touched at the LOS"
OIP (3).jpg

sorry, i must quit using sarcasm on the site since some people dont realize noone has every legit called bess, ginn, or hartline a stud wr
I realized you were being sarcastic, but only because of my familiarity of your posts. You have to admit, there are some ludicrous posts here that are as serious a dry alien probing, and just as painful.

I realized you were being sarcastic, but only because of my familiarity of your posts. You have to admit, there are some ludicrous posts here that are as serious a dry alien probing, and just as painful.
yeah and i know that i DO actually say some legit things that people think im insane on lol.

Mach, how do you know what a dry alien probing feels like? 🤔

Ted Ginn is NO Hill, I'm not even going to try to put them in the same league other than footspeed. But when we had Ted Ginn, even though he wasnt the stud we hoped, the other team HAD to keep one safety shaded over to respect his speed which opened it up for our other stud WRs like Hartline, Bess, Cammarilo. But also with the team having to respect Ginns speed, it opened up the running game because you cant keep 8 in the box if you have a guy that can go over the top at will.

oh dont get me twisted, i liked both bess and hartline. i hated when we lost both. Hartline still has maybe the greatest game by WR in Miami history.

I was just taking a corny jab on them talking about how if waddle gets to the point where is speed scares teams that he can go over the top then it opens things up. But Ginn was more of a track star than a wr compared to Waddle is a fast wr.

I was actually on board for when there were rumors of bringing Hartline in as a WR coach a couple years back. (dunno if there were rumors or just alot of people saying it would be a great idea) .

Other than as soon as he caught the ball, he always turned towards the sideline, one of Ginns top plays was the 10-12 yard hook. teams were so worried about his speed and playing off, that all he had to do is stop and they'd fly on by. Thats not so much Waddles play style though. Waddles play style is alot more like Welkers...just faster. Welker was an excellent route runner, McD said he would teach our WR how not to get touched at the line of scrimmage.

****, 6.5 more months

Back
Top Bottom