wes welker. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wes welker.

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
no idea why everyone is so high on him as a punt returner

He dropped 5 punts last year, and he's on pace to drop another 5 this season... i said it last year and im saying it again, he does not have sure hands back there catching punts

McMichael said:
no idea why everyone is so high on him as a punt returner

He dropped 5 punts last year, and he's on pace to drop another 5 this season... i said it last year and im saying it again, he does not have sure hands back there catching punts

Yeah and he's also number 2 punt returner right now in the NFL, and he hasn't dropped 5 punts yet this year. He's also a pretty damn good receiver leading Miami in receiving yards right now. I wish Miami had a team full of Wes Welkers with desire to outplay their "supposed" physical limitations. You gotta be kidding me!!!

how do i have to be kidding you. he was #2 in the league last year in terms of MOST PUNTS DROPPED... and he showed it again against the titans!

he also has more heart and pride than anyone else on the team. Not to mention he has been our biggest playmaker all season long.

have you seen him make those great punt returns and hey 5 dropped punts aint nothing he gots great wr hands by the way.

also what is the deal have you ever caught a punt ?
the ball is harder to catch than a pass, the thing is high in the sky and sometimes you get a bad perception of how high it is and loose it and to that you also need to be looking at the defenders coming for you .

McMichael said:
how do i have to be kidding you. he was #2 in the league last year in terms of MOST PUNTS DROPPED... and he showed it again against the titans!

Hey if you wanna criticize one of the few bright spots we have on this team, you go right ahead!!! I would spend more energy wondering why the guy you have as your profile name "McMichael" hasn't really played up to his expectations the past few years. I think he could actually learn a couple things from Welker. But hey, that's my opinion.

McMichael said:

5 drops isnt actually that much put into the perspective of I believe he also recovered a few of them.

He will get you positive yardage every time, and makes great decisions 90% of the time, so you sacrafice those few bad plays for all the positive ones

Rocky Raccoon said:
he also has more heart and pride than anyone else on the team. Not to mention he has been our biggest playmaker all season long.

I have never questioned anything about his pride or will to win (though i think you're forgetting people like zack thomas and jason taylor who have way more pride for this team than him)

anyway, the only thing i questioned was his hands in the punt return game. he played a whole season last year as our PR and dropped 5 of them... then he drops another one early in this year. Good PR don't drop that many! that's a fact!!...

JayCee said:
Hey if you wanna criticize one of the few bright spots we have on this team, you go right ahead!!! I would spend more energy wondering why the guy you have as your profile name "McMichael" hasn't really played up to his expectations the past few years. I think he could actually learn a couple things from Welker. But hey, that's my opinion.

what?? please go listen to our coach talk about Randy Mcmichael's performance in the titans game. It's right on miamidolphins.com. Some stupid reporter questioned how "mcmichael isn't involved in the offense" and nick absolutely flipped out on him... please go listen to it man.

McMichael said:
I have never questioned anything about his pride or will to win (though i think you're forgetting people like zack thomas and jason taylor who have way more pride for this team than him)

anyway, the only thing i questioned was his hands in the punt return game. he played a whole season last year as our PR and dropped 5 of them... then he drops another one early in this year. Good PR don't drop that many! that's a fact!!...

I know, but he has had big punt returns this season...and he has played well on offense.

McMichael said:

Then you go ahead and find us a good punt returner. I'll be rooting on my team and watching Wes Welker lay his heart out on the field in the meantime.

McMichael said:

:rolleyes:

You really know nothing about catching punts.

Did you take his numbers and compare them to other Punt Returners? Did you check the difference between his 5 and the second leading man? What about the average number?

5 is no big deal considering I know he recovered a few

He didnt drop a punt against the Titans. He fumbled the ball after trying to gain some extra yards and giving it his all. **** every player in the league fumbles at some point or another. He is leading are team in receiving and is second in the league in punt return yards and you say he doesnt have the hands to be returning punts.

McMichael said:
what?? please go listen to our coach talk about Randy Mcmichael's performance in the titans game. It's right on miamidolphins.com. Some stupid reporter questioned how "mcmichael isn't involved in the offense" and nick absolutely flipped out on him... please go listen to it man.

Guess what - I have listened to it, and I'm damn glad that Saban protects his players against the media. He's never thrown a player under the bus like some other coaches. And I agree that after a win, he had every right to be mad at the media for continuing to harp on the negatives and not being happy with the win - no matter what way it happened. But to think that McMichael has been playing to his ability - have you not seen him miss blocks this year, and have you not seen him drop passes right in his hands???

Brad528 said:
He didnt drop a punt against the Titans. He fumbled the ball after trying to gain some extra yards and giving it his all. **** every player in the league fumbles at some point or another. He is leading are team in receiving and is second in the league in punt return yards and you say he doesnt have the hands to be returning punts.

fact is he was trying TOO hard and shoulda fair caught that ball. watch the replay the FIRST guy he barely avoided, he almost took his head off and the second guy had a perfect clean shot on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom