wes welker. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wes welker.

Ok... let's try this. YOU know you can make most of the guys miss. You know we're down. You know we need good feild position to have a chance. WHAT DO YOU DO? Take the chance because you've made it happen countless times before. Or fair catch it.

Dolfan5000 said:
So immediately all of those fumbles have to be MUFFED punts?...

So you honestly think the one he dropped last week was a fumble, and not a muffed punt?

AreYouSerious said:
Ok... let's try this. YOU know you can make most of the guys miss. You know we're down. You know we need good feild position to have a chance. WHAT DO YOU DO? Take the chance because you've made it happen countless times before. Or fair catch it.
down? we were actually winning 10-7 ... and his drop set tennessee up to tie the game.

what do i do ? well I'm not in the NFL so I would probably be killed on that play. But what do i think wes should have done? fair catch

McMichael said:
So you honestly think the one he dropped last week was a fumble, and not a muffed punt?
yes

a MUFFED ball is one the returner completley drops and never has possesion of in the first place

you just sad he made one guy barely miss and then the other had a clean shot at the the ball

CAUSING THE FUMBLE!
:wink:

Ok, you're saying he doesn't have sure hands. Yet he has
14 Receptions
167 Yards
3 of which were for 20 plus yards
7 First downs

Hmm and if I remember correctly he's dropped what? One pass?

McMichael said:
no idea why everyone is so high on him as a punt returner

He dropped 5 punts last year, and he's on pace to drop another 5 this season... i said it last year and im saying it again, he does not have sure hands back there catching punts

Yeah Welker is only in the top 10 in punt and kick returns.....lets cut him and bring back Brightful. :rolleyes:

AreYouSerious said:
Ok, you're saying he doesn't have sure hands. Yet he has
14 Receptions
167 Yards
3 of which were for 20 plus yards
7 First downs

Hmm and if I remember correctly he's dropped what? One pass?

why on earth are you bringing up the recieving game. I never even mentioned anything about his recieving game once in any of my posts....

Dolfan5000 said:
yes

a MUFFED ball is one the returner completley drops and never has possesion of in the first place

you just sad he made one guy barely miss and then the other had a clean shot at the the ball

CAUSING THE FUMBLE!
:wink:

I hope this is a joke..

you can't see how wes had no reason returning that ball? You dont think that maybe his decision to return it instead of fair catching it was what caused the fumble?

Why on earth...well hmm let's see... You said he doesn't have sure hands... WELL NOW... Having good hands hmm wouldn't that contribute to CATCHING the ball? Yeah I'm pretty sure.

AreYouSerious said:
Why on earth...well hmm let's see... You said he doesn't have sure hands... WELL NOW... Having good hands hmm wouldn't that contribute to CATCHING the ball? Yeah I'm pretty sure.

again, i have no idea what you're talking about

the only thing i said is that he does not have sure hands in the PUNT RETURN GAME... the stats from the last 19 games seem to prove my point..........................................

or maybe you think catching a ball off a punter's foot and from a QB's hand is the same?

yah you guys are right, even though he has fumbled more punts in the last 19 NFL GAMES THAN ANYBODY ELSE, he does indeed have excellent HANDS in the punt return game. what on earth was i thinking

Ok, maybe you should rephrase your statement.

You said he doesn't have sure hands catching the punts back there.

I say... HE CATCHES EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Rocky Raccoon said:
he also has more heart and pride than anyone else on the team. Not to mention he has been our biggest playmaker all season long.

It amazes me how people search for negativity even with such obvious great play minus a few bad ones.

His name is Mcmicheal, if anyone deserves criticism it is him, you know, the guy who is tired of blocking.

finfan54 said:
It amazes me how people search for negativity even with such obvious great play minus a few bad ones.

His name is Mcmicheal, if anyone deserves criticism it is him, you know, the guy who is tired of blocking.

"searching for negativity"? umm yah... sure.. it's really hard to look at the last 19 games played in the NFL. Oh let's see which punt returner has the most fumbles in those 19 games. Oh it's wes welker

yah, you guys are right! he has excellent hands back there! leading the league in fumbles on PR for 19 games is just a fluke!

IF this will settle anything(which I doubt). I'll agree with you to an extent.The fact reamins that he was number one last year, but he is still a great PR 95.9% of the time. Don't think I would change him for anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom