wes welker. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wes welker.

AreYouSerious said:
IF this will settle anything(which I doubt). I'll agree with you to an extent.The fact reamins that he was number one last year, but he is still a great PR 95.9% of the time. Don't think I would change him for anyone else.

wow someone shows a little civilty instead of just saying "F U WELKER IS GOD" =)

lol.. well yah anyway, im kind of regretting ever making this post ^^

Well lol you have to realize that you were kind of bashing our best offensive player so far. So it's a little understandable lol

McMichael said:
how do i have to be kidding you. he was #2 in the league last year in terms of MOST PUNTS DROPPED... and he showed it again against the titans!
Why do you keep talking about last year he is doing fine. And he is also very tough. So get of his back!!!!!

McMichael said:
how do i have to be kidding you. he was #2 in the league last year in terms of MOST PUNTS DROPPED... and he showed it again against the titans!

Hating on Welker is just plain WACK!

i guess some fans just have to have something to stir up, or try to grab attention, zack thomas and wes are in the same class of football, heart, drive and team spirit

McMichael said:
fact is he was trying TOO hard and shoulda fair caught that ball. watch the replay the FIRST guy he barely avoided, he almost took his head off and the second guy had a perfect clean shot on the ball.

the only reason he shouldve fair caught the ball was because of the first guy close to him...but he avoided him anyways. The second guy havin a perfect clean shot on the ball isn't anything Welker can predict while looking in the sky for the ball to come down...that's just ******ed. Yeah it sucks he fumbled, but everyone does. He's a SOLID player. There is noone in this league his size (besides maybe Warrick Dunn) that plays with such heart, to be able to be leading our team right now, over such studs as Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael. He's a CONSISTENTLY good player, and you know he will always give 110%. He never gets lazy on a play.

I do enjoy having a guy returning who punts who I actually believe has the ability to take it the length of the field. He is getting better every season, I expect an improvement in drop from last year, even with his drop against Tennessee.

I love the way Welker plays, I love that he gives it all he's got, all the time. I think his hands are fine.

Well then lets bring in the last guy, who fumbled the ball twice in the same game. Seriously, Wes has the chance at breaking it out and scoring every time. That's why he's out there.

McMichael said:
do you not see how he should have fair caught that ball? LOL

hindsight is awesome...with every QB you could go back and say "oh he shouldn't have thrown that ball". He has great hands. He hasn't dropped many thrown balls to him, and only 5 punts to him last year. that may be 1 more than others, but i assure you he caught more punts than them also, which probably makes his percentage of dropped balls lower. His "miscall" on the fair catch has nothing to do with his hands, which is what you originally posted about, and it wasn't a bad call, the defender just happened to hit his body right in the ball, that's not Welker's fault for not calling fair catch. Again, hindsight is nice.

In other news, Dan Marino threw a fair number of interceptions and sometimes, just sometimes, Randall Cunningham ran when he should have passed. Stop the presses!

The only significant comment I have to add to this thread is this: I watch maybe two games a week, and in just those two games I see a LOT of bad kick returns. Muffs, bad decisions, dangerous decisions, and many yards of lost field position. Welker stands out head and shoulders above the crowd for being smart, reliable, exciting, and a real run-back threat. Recovering your own fumbles/muffs is HUGE. It takes good awareness and it shows that you probably didn't fumble it badly or far.

This thread is a case of statistical myopia. If you want to complain about Wes as a kick returner, complain about kickoffs. He's still just fine, but he's not the standout performer that he is on punts. But man... pick on the people who aren't doing their job.

Heart

:dolphins: HEART WINS SUPER BOWLS N WES HAS THAT! :dolphins:

Heart

:dolphins: HEART WINS SUPER BOWLS N WES HAS THAT! :dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom