Wetherford responds to allegations | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wetherford responds to allegations

Dlockz, do you sleep?? That Watchmen pin is just everywhere in these threads every hour!

actually i suffer from sleep apnea and some combat related sleep disporders but I work 12 hours shifts at night and in between tracking troop movements I post .
MY job is basically be there in case of emergency and thankfully nobody has been hurt. I also do my course work each night so In bewtween audio lectures or during I multitask

Screw politicians. 99% of them could give a **** about anyone but themselves

Agree, it happens to many bills, but that does not make it right. Let them vote on it.

Im not even sure its that simple esp with the rebates tacked on. If this was a straight bill only involving getting florida to raise bed tax who knows maybe it passes.
We have no clue what totally happened during session. Im pretty sure that Weatherford was not the lone dissent and he said its not like they were just discussing dolphins.
Here is an interview he and speaker of senate gave after the session was over.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...s-session-wins-losses-20130503,0,6598341.post

He said deal wasnt dead just didnt get voted on this session. Not sure why this issue is more important than other issues that never reached a vote.
One should blame lawamkers that attached the rebate and bed tax on same bill. I mean shouldnt they be two seperate issues. I dont know what happened there are no innocents on either side.
I do find it funny that some people are saying the government is corrupt over this, I mean either way they voted the corruption is still there.
I mean possibly the american people got robbed of actually choosing a president but somehow this is the issue that seals the deal that they are corrupt.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the push to get it done now was give them a chance at one of the two superbowls that will be awarded this month. Not sure how much of a chance Miami had but I believe they will now go to San Francisco and Houston

Anyone that supports the speaker is just incredible to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the push to get it done now was give them a chance at one of the two superbowls that will be awarded this month. Not sure how much of a chance Miami had but I believe they will now go to San Francisco and Houston

i believe you are corect!

The dolphins knew they were being considered in February of 2012, were named as a finalist in Oct of 2012 yet decided to wait until almost March 2013 to try to introduce a bill. They have known about the NFL concerns since after the 2010 SuperBowl.

The same thing happened with the MArlins vote in the house after the senate pushed forward. This is not the first bill this happened too. They can can try to get bill passed later.
Not anymore shame than any other politics in area. Ross never truly wanted a vote anyway, he got that part of his wish just not the handover part.

Agreed, however it's still shameful IMO.

Agreed, however it's still shameful IMO.

there are no innocents in this process. Im not sure why the state rebates and a bed tax increase are placed on same bill though.
Im not sure why the dolphins who knew they were being considered since feb 2012 waited basically a year to bring up legislation to help their bid.
Im not sure why there was no house vote or why it was attached to a transportation bill.
Im not sure why a vote was being conducted by Dade county before the bed tax was approved.
All Im sure of there are bigger issues that probably did not get voted on .

Well we will never know if we had the votes supposedly it was a high bar vote which needed 2/3 majority to pass.

The reason why it would have required a 2/3 majority to pass is that a 2/3 majority is required to suspend the rules of the House to bring a bill to the floor that has not gone through the normal process of having been read [presented] on the floor of the House for multiple days (I believe three days is the rule) before a vote can be held. Since the Senate bill got to the House very late in the session, only a 2/3 majority vote would have gotten the bill to the floor of the House for a vote. Then a majority would have been required to pass. However, the Speaker has the right not to recognize the member who is rising to request that the rules be suspended to bring the bill to the floor. He can recognize a different member to speak on a different bill.

The reason why it would have required a 2/3 majority to pass is that a 2/3 majority is required to suspend the rules of the House to bring a bill to the floor that has not gone through the normal process of having been read [presented] on the floor of the House for multiple days (I believe three days is the rule) before a vote can be held. Since the Senate bill got to the House very late in the session, only a 2/3 majority vote would have gotten the bill to the floor of the House for a vote. Then a majority would have been required to pass. However, the Speaker has the right not to recognize the member who is rising to request that the rules be suspended to bring the bill to the floor. He can recognize a different member to speak on a different bill.

thanks for further clarification

Back
Top Bottom