We've got one problem, IMO. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We've got one problem, IMO.

MikeO said:
probably because he lied through his teeth for 2 weeks straight about Edwards and Smith.

He didnt lie about Smith - he would be a dolphin if he were there at 2

afishfan said:
He didnt lie about Smith - he would be a dolphin if he were there at 2

I got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale, want it?

SMadison29 said:
In away now looking back at how the top 5 picks laid out I'm glad we didn't trade down with Tampa because we would have had to take Cadillac who's not the bruising type back we need for our O. It would be nice to trade down a little tomorrow to pick up an additional pick or send Zgonina to the Rams for a 5th/6th.

If we had a decent O-line...we wouldn't have the need for a bruising running back.

KB21 said:
I think he's just hard to deal with. He will issue demands and won't budge.
DING DING DING...We have a winner.

I dont know saban personally, but I have heard him at a couple clinics over the years. Once in a very large clinic, a coach asked a question that struck me as out of place, and even bordered on rude in that he was interupting Saban in mid sentance at an inappropriate time. Saban made a reply (cant remember what he said..it was over 10 years ago) that completely shut the guy down and made him look like a total jackazz....but he did it with class and it was impressive. What stood out to me about it was how cool, calm, and commanding Saban was it an adverse situation.

I think Saban messed up today - the Browns wanted to move up one - to get Braylon Edwards..... we should have done the deal. He had an opportunity to get something else for "free" from Cleveland. They were likely offering a third round pick. Saban blew his opportunity. And that falls back on stubborness.

Finsfan13 said:
I think Saban messed up today - the Browns wanted to move up one - to get Braylon Edwards..... we should have done the deal. He had an opportunity to get something else for "free" from Cleveland. They were likely offering a third round pick. Saban blew his opportunity. And that falls back on stubborness.
Actually it was reported that Cleveland wouldn't trade either there 2nd or 3rd to move up.

If it's possible to get any deals done, I think...

Tennessee
NY Giants
Jacksonville
Indy

could want Fason. Tenn has Brown who has injury problems, NY needs someone behind Tiki, Jacksonville needs a future replacement for Taylor (Greg Jones moved to FB) and Indy can't franchise Edge forever...

At some point someone has to say "this kid (Fason) is a 2nd rounder who fell to the fourth... If we gotta give up what Saban wants, is it worth it?"

Going to be another sweet day tomarrow...

NOTE: Green Bay has three 4th rounders... The 4th this year is like the 3rd. So may teams reached and it's like a candy store.

Carolina JUST took Shelton. There are better prospects than Fason left at RB. He hasn't slipped as much as people think. Teams could trade up to get Barber III.

Jaj said:
Carolina JUST took Shelton. There are better prospects than Fason left at RB. He hasn't slipped as much as people think. Teams could trade up to get Barber III.

My bad, I thought they had taken someone else (should have checked). I think Fason is the best prospect left in round 4. I can't believe he wasn't taken (yet Clarrett was...). Agree to disagree I guess.

J Tes said:
Actually it was reported that Cleveland wouldn't trade either there 2nd or 3rd to move up.

I'm glad Miami didn't trade out. Cleveland could have pulled another trade with Chicago, still landed Braylon, and we'd be looking at a tailback that Saban didn't want.

Saban's going to need to fight the urge to give up future picks to land some of the talent still kicking around in the 4th here. I don't want to see him trade down or up.

TouchMyMarino said:
I'm glad Miami didn't trade out. Cleveland could have pulled another trade with Chicago, still landed Braylon, and we'd be looking at a tailback that Saban didn't want.

Saban's going to need to fight the urge to give up future picks to land some of the talent still kicking around in the 4th here. I don't want to see him trade down or up.

Chiacgo has had the hots for Benson for awhile. It was probably the most predictible pick in the entire draft (Carlos Rogers was close). News was leaked awhile back, and the fact they have limited picks, and need a top player right away. They couldn't wait on a Mike Williams.

MikeO said:
probably because he lied through his teeth for 2 weeks straight about Edwards and Smith.

Can you show me exactly where Saban said anything about Edwards or Smith that would constitute lying? Anything? Or you could just apologize for calling Saban a "lier".

We're dealing with an incredibly small sample, i.e. a few months in charge and precisely 3 rounds. In my sports statistical analysis job I'm not entirely comfortable making assertions until the database reaches 1000 or more.

We don't have any idea of the specifics of today. In Saban's tenure so far there has been one legit trade opportunity and the oft-rumored team indeed agreed to the trade. They got the better of the deal in the estimation of many, including KB as I recall.

Back
Top Bottom