We've got one problem, IMO. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We've got one problem, IMO.

You mean the trade which KC wanted Surtain for a 4th round pick (Saban wanted a 2nd and did a little saving face with the trade of 5th rounders)? They got the better of the deal ONLY because Surtain is a proven pro-bowl NFL quality player.

TeeMoney said:
You mean the trade which KC wanted Surtain for a 4th round pick (Saban wanted a 2nd and did a little saving face with the trade of 5th rounders)? They got the better of the deal ONLY because Surtain is a proven pro-bowl NFL quality player.

What difference does it make they wanted him for a 4th? That's like a used car salesman who "wants" the price sprayed on the front window. Only a Rick Spielman asks for the pen and paperwork immediately.

The Surtain deal didn't demonstrate anything extraordinary or incompetent on Saban's part. A couple of months of bickering and much more public than Saban likely preferred. The logical deadline was today and the deal was concluded slightly more than 24 hours earlier. Our wanted price of a 2 was simply more real-world than their 4, based on accepted value in the salary cap era.

KB21 said:
No one wants to play ball when it comes to trading with Nick.

I think there is some animosity out there towards him by some teams, and they don't want to help him it seems. They would rather deal with teams around us.

So, I'm not expecting us to move around much tomorrow, because it just don't seem that anyone is willing to give up what Saban wants in a trade.

It's almost like he has the Jimmy Johnson fear factor when it comes to teams dealing with him.

I would much rather have the reputation of being difficult to deal with and/or demanding than pushovers we were under Wanny.

Ausi, you said Kansas City got the better of the deal. If you paid the list price on that car I'd say the salesman got the better of that deal also. The OP mentioned Saban being a hard liner- he stated he wanted a 2nd for Surtain and that's that. Well, he got a 2nd, and helped his buddy in KC out by swapping 5th's. I think it was particularly nice of Saban to do that swap of picks. He got what he wanted.

Back
Top Bottom