Whao!! Jets may release santonio holmes wednesday!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whao!! Jets may release santonio holmes wednesday!!

I don't think he's going anywhere....and I'm glad. The guy is a grade-S turd (S for SMELLY!!!)

He and Fatasaurus Rex deserve each actually.

I would be surprised if they cut him at this point. No question he has been a bust for the Jets and a major headache, but I think they hang on to him.

i wouldnt call him a bust. he is a good WR and has won them some games. its funny, when this season started i thought that holmes was going to be the one who finally settled down and marshall was going to be the one that got run out of town. now it looks like marshall has found a team that wants him and he is back to his elite status. holmes is just a d bag who needs to get the chip off his shoulder.

I would be surprised if they cut him at this point. No question he has been a bust for the Jets and a major headache, but I think they hang on to him.

How has he been a bust? b/c he wasn't very good this year along w/ the rest of the time? a year earlier he helped us win a ton of games late and had huge catches in postseason.

I don't think the Jests will cut Holmes because of the cap hit they'll have to take if they do (I think it's like $9 million). It doesn't matter. The reason Sanchez doesn't throw much to Holmes is because Holmes runs downfield patterns not check-down routes within 3 yards of the LOS.

By not cutting him yesterday the Jets are on the hook for $15.25 million guaranteed for the next two years. They are paying Holmes as one of the premier WRs in the league. Is 50 catches a year really worth it? That is almost Brian Hartline type numbers.

By not cutting him yesterday the Jets are on the hook for $15.25 million guaranteed for the next two years. They are paying Holmes as one of the premier WRs in the league. Is 50 catches a year really worth it? That is almost Brian Hartline type numbers.

let me know the next time Brian Hartline makes consistent GW plays in the reg and postseason. Is he overpaid? he has top notch talent he just had a bad year this year as did the rest of the team. I am glad they didn't do anything foolish by not bringing him back.

let me know the next time Brian Hartline makes consistent GW plays in the reg and postseason. Is he overpaid? he has top notch talent he just had a bad year this year as did the rest of the team. I am glad they didn't do anything foolish by not bringing him back.
Neither of his years in New York have been "elite". Just average. Surely wasn't the quarterbacks fault because Sanchez is a great quarterback, as you have told me. 51 and 52 catches a season for 654 yards and 746 yards is average and definitely not elite results, especially with what he is being paid. Marshall almost had the same amount of yards in 2011 as Holmes had in 2010 and 2011 combined. Marshall also got much less guaranteed money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither of his years in New York have been "elite". Just average. Surely wasn't the quarterbacks fault because Sanchez is a great quarterback, as you have told me. 51 and 52 catches a season for 654 yards and 746 yards is average and definitely not elite results, especially with what he is being paid. Marshall almost had the same amount of yards in 2011 as Holmes had in 2010 and 2011 combined. Marshall also got much less guaranteed money.

I have never said Sanchez was great and his 2010 year was much better than average, do not forget he missed the first 4 games w/ a suspension and had GW catches in the playoffs vs. NE, at Cle, vs. Hou, set up GW FG in OT in Det and drew a PI to set up GW TD vs. Denver. Let me know when Mr. Pro Bowl MVP ever has that effect on winning games.

and Marshall got almsot as much guaranteed ansd cost you much more to get in draft picks.

I have never said Sanchez was great and his 2010 year was much better than average, do not forget he missed the first 4 games w/ a suspension and had GW catches in the playoffs vs. NE, at Cle, vs. Hou, set up GW FG in OT in Det and drew a PI to set up GW TD vs. Denver. Let me know when Mr. Pro Bowl MVP ever has that effect on winning games.

i think of all the dolphins problems, the least of it is brandon marshalls play. i believe he has been a welcomed assest to the organization and was well worth a 2nd round pick. he is a freakin beast.

i love how you think the jest were some how smarter than everyone on their santonio holmes aqusition. unlike the jest, the steelers are a class organization and not a 2nd tier one like the jest. there was a reason why the steelers didnt want him and they got rid of him for what they could. i think its smart the jest kept him around, but you have to not feel good about your best offensive player getting in fights with teammates when the season is on the line.

I don't think he's going anywhere....and I'm glad. The guy is a grade-S turd (S for SMELLY!!!)

He and Fatasaurus Rex deserve each actually.

Santonio is a **chronic** problem. Now, that he has resigned, the comedy really begins. I say he has an epic meltdown before we get to October.

Heck.. the meatball hasn't even called a play or tinkered w/ the OL.

This quite honestly, is some of the very best news I have heard in recent weeks...right up there with the Superbowl results!

It is soooooo great to watch the demise that is very quickly setting in.

Expect a thread with a Poll this summer on over/under how long till Sintini and Snatcho get into it (There is LOTS of I in that guy)
They has serious locker-room issues the entire season (As reported by many Jests themselves, regardless of what illusion Jhunkie has) and Sinitini was one of the key catalysts...and now, he has handcuffed them pretty darn seriously financially

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Too Funny! Jest really are messed up!
JEST will not win 8 games in 2012-2013

Bottom-line: The Steelers didn't get to be one of the preeminent league franchises and repeat SB victors by giving away healthy valuable assets in their careers' prime... unless those assets are really malignant clubhouse azzes. Notice that, unlike Sancancerio, thru Big Ben's darkest hours and despite all the media frenzied speculation fueling the campaign to get him traded, he remained firmly a Steeler.

Generally in life you get what you pay for.

holmesbaby10copy-1.jpg

Attachments

• holmes-baby-10-copy.jpg
    holmes-baby-10-copy.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 4
Back
Top Bottom