What a great article on Ross. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What a great article on Ross.

I understand the frustration, but is he supposed to act like Meyer doesn't exist while he's in his stadium? If he was laughing with John Fox I would be concerned, but it's not like Meyer was even the other team's coach. He was a guest in Ross' stadium.

Exactly.

He's MY guest in MY stadium watching MY team.

FOAD if you don't like it.

Like I said...people like you defend him to a fault. Read Wiki? Please...Talk about ignorance just to suggest that someone go there for fact is beyond. Based on his product in the MIA...He is the ignorant one with you being his ever-loving defender...But why? (My original question)

You are alleging he doesn't possess those degrees?

You are alleging he doesn't possess those degrees?

It means absolutely Jack to me...He is the owner of the WORST team in the NFL save none. Thats really all that matters to me. Other than that ...I dont need to know who Stephen J Ross is...Period.

Defend him...Why?

Like I said...people like you defend him to a fault. Read Wiki? Please...Talk about ignorance just to suggest that someone go there for fact is beyond. Based on his product in the MIA...He is the ignorant one with you being his ever-loving defender...But why? (My original question)

Bet you loved some BlockBuster when he started ruining the franchise back in the day too...

Education: Doctor of Jurisprudence, Wayne State University; Bachelor of Arts / Science, University of Michigan; Master of Laws, New York University
http://www.forbes.com/profile/stephen-ross/

That's from Forbes. Do you believe them?

... And, the winner of today's overreaction thread goes to ...

:lol:

It means absolutely Jack to me...He is the owner of the WORST team in the NFL save none. Thats really all that matters to me. Other than that ...I dont need to know who Stephen J Ross is...Period.

Defend him...Why?

Because he's done nothing to deserve the heat he gets.

He's owned this team for what? Just over two years?
I can't fathom anything he's really done wrong.

He's going to fire at least Sparano after this season.

This is a team and FO he inherited from Wayne fresh off
an AFC East championship.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/stephen-ross/

That's from Forbes. Do you believe them?

Goon...Come now...I have read your post enough to know you are 40 something. Now, In all your 40+ years are you telling me a college degree or degrees automatically means a guy is as smart as the paper they are printed on? Please...Just saying the man owns the team we both pull for and that team S*cks beyond reproach. If he were communicating to the the fans how he was working to make things better I might would consider he just needs time but Ross eats caviar while Rome burns and it piss*s most fans off.

You defend him why?

And Sparano should be a bad , bad memory by now.

Anyway..Gotta go the pizza is here but maybe one day we can debate during brighter times (like actually winning)

stay safe at the prison

Goon...Come now...I have read your post enough to know you are 40 something. Now, In all your 40+ years are you telling me a college degree or degrees automatically means a guy is as smart as the paper they are printed on? Please...Just saying the man owns the team we both pull for and that team S*cks beyond reproach. If he were communicating to the the fans how he was working to make things better I might would consider he just needs time but Ross eats caviar while Rome burns and it piss*s most fans off.

You defend him why?

It's not only the degrees. He's pulled off more multi million dollar deals
than you can count on your fingers and toes. He obviously didn't come from much
money if he went to a public high school and, college. He's worth over a billion
dollars and as of september he ranks #114 richest dude in America, 300 something
worldwide.

In your first post you threw out a bunch of allegations that have absolutely no
basis in fact, and you've been called on it. What is your assessment of someone's
intelligence and business savvy? I think by any measure Ross has both.

Yes, the man owns the Miami Dolphins. Yes, the Dolphins suck. That doesn't make
him a failure, or stupid. He constantly communicates with the fans about how he's
trying to make things better. Not every decision is going to be a good one, and not
every one is going to work.

The fans that are pissed off at Ross are simply pissed off at the wrong person. and
are looking for things to complain about. Ross doesn't block, he doesn't tackle and
he doesn't coach. He has some input in personnel obviously...And why not? It's
his damn team. He owns it.

You just seem pissed off at Ross for no reason what so ever, and I'll defend people
that are getting a raw deal if they are a part of this franchise....I'll also let the
bashing flow if they deserve it. I have seen absolutely NOTHING from Ross that
I see as wrong. Hell, the only thing close was taking a shot at landing Harbaugh,
which I think was a ballsy move.

You attack Ross for no reason.

Why?

^^^^^He hasnt hired anyone yet

I disagree. He hired Mike Dee, who has been a disaster. He was brought in from the Boston Red Sox and has foisted a bunch of former Red Sox front office people on our organization.

For all we know they are secretly NE Patriots double agents (:lol: )

Do you really believe Sparano cried "Give me a timeout or I'll get fired?"

What a piece of CRAP journalism.

I've seen the video tape....its audio is clear as day. He said it, and he followed with "being fired" bit as well.

You know, this is not the first report that has Sparano quoted as say that...

and there is video too, that is how the quote got out there in the 1st place. CBS4 has it, check out their web site for it.

I understand the frustration, but is he supposed to act like Meyer doesn't exist while he's in his stadium? If he was laughing with John Fox I would be concerned, but it's not like Meyer was even the other team's coach. He was a guest in Ross' stadium.

Who was paid to be there and then OPENLY rooted for the other team. How rude was that, however I am sure Urban Meyer was laughing inside about what a dork this guy Ross is......the embarrassment will continue until this idiot sells the team.

The University of Michigan renamed their business school after him.

I think he's probably pretty good at business.

He went to a public high school and, a public college.

Does that indicate intelligence and competence or the opposite to you?

He also gave Michigan a big fat check for $ 100 million. That usually gets you a building named after you.

Because he's done nothing to deserve the heat he gets.

He's owned this team for what? Just over two years?
I can't fathom anything he's really done wrong.

He's going to fire at least Sparano after this season.

This is a team and FO he inherited from Wayne fresh off
an AFC East championship.

Most of the inner working front office, from Mike Dee on down was hired after HE hired Dee in 2009. That is when the team started faltering badly on and off the field.

I love those Ross defenders. As some have pointed out Ross has hired some people in the front office. A company is only as good as its leadership and a franchise is only as good as its ownership. The least you can expect from an ownership to make the right hires. The team is a reflection of its coaches. The coaches are a reflection of its GM or Director of Football Operations and that department is a reflection of ownership.

I think it is an utmost disrespect to this franchise and its fans (as many as there are left) to even consider a Gator Championship day on a day when one of the Championship players is on the opposing teams roster. I can't even remember any pro team holding a Championship Day for a college football team much less under these circumstances and on the home field of a college rival. This is beneath anything I have ever seen.

If he wants to chat it up with Urban Meyer and smile and laugh then do it off the field after the game not on the side line while your team plays like crap.

To all these defenders: Ross had a chance last off season. Not only did he miss that opportunity he also set this team up for a lame duck session this year by keeping Sparano while pursuing publicly another coach. Ross is as much responsible for this disaster as the players and coaches.

And just for kicks: Universities name buildings after people based on donations not based on accomplishments or grades.

By keeping Sparano and Ireland last year they have become his people.

But maybe, just maybe, he is prepping the Dolphins for a move to LA.

Back
Top Bottom