What A Shameful Disgrace | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What A Shameful Disgrace

Another thing you have to take into consideration is that alot of miami's fanbase are the elderly.. I was sitting next to alot of senior citizens (which isnt a bad thing).. but they arent as loud as the rest..

The Ravens have only existed for a decade.. thus, their fanbase is pretty young... (Maybe some ex Colts/Browns fans in the house, but not much) the Phins have a fanbase that includes alot of people who were middle aged in the 70's.. Plus, Florida is NOTORIOUS for retirees..

Originally posted by SkapePhin
Well.. It is my understanding that we shouldnt make alot of noise when the offense is getting ready so that they can hear the play.. The point is to make the most noise when the opposing team is in the huddle to mess up their count and playcalling..

I could be wrong on this but that is how I always viewed it and how everyone else seemed to be cheering.. Maybe that is why you took it as Eagles fans cheering for their O.. But it was really Dolphin fans cheering AGAINST their (Philly) O..

Read my reply again,
I said there was more noise when Miami had the ball. If you are saying that It was Miami fans cheering when Miami had the ball, then we have a bigger problem than being un-emotional.

Please don't tell me this is true, Miami fan weren't the ones cheering when we have the ball. If so, lets spread the proper football cheering rules!!!!!!

Oh I guess I misread it.. but it certainly didnt sound that way AT the stadium last nite...

The noise was overwhelming on my side of the stadium when the Dolphins D was up... The Eagled fans were mostly on the upper level.. WAY UP at the top... Maybe their cheers resonated louder through the mics? ????

IMO, The Dolphin cheering was much louder than the Philly cheering throughout most of the game...

Re: Re: What A Shameful Disgrace

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Where were you last night???...

I know I was there. The Eagles are a championship team, and their fans have something to be excited about. On the other hand, what do we have to be so excited about???....

Don't start talking crap about the Phinz fans if you weren't even at the game yourself. I assume, after looking at your location{Maryland}, you weren't even at the game. If that's the case, you need to shut you pie hole regarding the Phinz fans. You're no better than any of us....:tongue:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

Just because you live in Miami don't mean you are a better fan.
If you are un-excited about being at the game, Don't Go!
Give the ticket to someone who'll appreciate it and make some noise.

Originally posted by inFINSible

You wanna stop now, or do wanna keep making yourself look like a fool?

Sorry you're the only fool.

Not All Fin Fans live in Miami, and from the looks of it not too many do.

'the miami area fans'
if you know so much about the miami area, then you would realize that 90 percent of the people down here are from other parts of the country, or Cuba..
every sports game of every franchise in miami is going to have a significant amount of fans favoring the opponent, just because that is where they are from..
south florida is a big melting pot..
but there are plenty dolphins fans down here.. and you shouldnt dis them

Re: Re: Re: What A Shameful Disgrace

Originally posted by KenCalo
Just because you live in Miami don't mean you are a better fan.
If you are un-excited about being at the game, Don't Go!
Give the ticket to someone who'll appreciate it and make some noise.

I'm no better than any other fan, but at least I go to the games!!

You're just a tourist as far as I'm concerned....:lol: :lol:

PHINZ RULE!!!:fire:

also.. dont you realize that by insulting the 'miami area fans', you are only insulting people just like yourself?? people who live in one city, but cheer for a team from another city?? you are just like the people you despise

Yes I do wish I could more often.
I came down for a Jet game three years ago- mistake (hell I thought for a second there the plane went north)

& drove down and seen Miami beat the bills in '86

Here I went and watched Miami beat the ravens in '97
& I'll be at next year’s game also.

I've met alot of great fin fans, but you should really see the amount of emotion the Raven fans pore out. The little gimmicks that they perform during the game, they really do get in the mind of the players- you can see it really.

the last game you were at was 3 yrs ago? I was at 2 miami games last year. Looks like I'm a better miami fan than you are. :roflmao:

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
'the miami area fans'
if you know so much about the miami area, then you would realize that 90 percent of the people down here are from other parts of the country, or Cuba..
every sports game of every franchise in miami is going to have a significant amount of fans favoring the opponent, just because that is where they are from..
south florida is a big melting pot..
but there are plenty dolphins fans down here.. and you shouldnt dis them

Ok I don't live there.
So are you saying that the area Dolfans can regularly only fill 1/2 to 3/4 of the stands?

Is this why the games are always treat ion to be blacked-out?
And why Playoff and Important games have a large number of opposition
Fans

Ok, I can admit my ignorance and retract any comments that the Miami Area Fans are not emotional and are worthless slime.
I am sorry, apparently you, like me are out numbered all over. Why is that?

Originally posted by Jnaledu3
also.. dont you realize that by insulting the 'miami area fans', you are only insulting people just like yourself?? people who live in one city, but cheer for a team from another city?? you are just like the people you despise

I didn't say anything about the other fans! I don't jump ship, I've stuck with the Dolphins since '74. and it doesn't matter where one lives. It's not like the player are from the area.

I don't live in Fla. either but I am just as big a fan as anyone on these threads.
I understand where every body is coming from but bashing each other because our favorite team continues to frustrate us is not the solution.
Peace my brothers & sister (njfinfan)!

Ok I don't live there.
So are you saying that the area Dolfans can regularly only fill 1/2 to 3/4 of the stands?

Is this why the games are always treat ion to be blacked-out?
And why Playoff and Important games have a large number of opposition
Fans

Ok, I can admit my ignorance and retract any comments that the Miami Area Fans are not emotional and are worthless slime.
I am sorry, apparently you, like me are out numbered all over. Why is that?
there are enough dolphins fans down here to fill the stadium, but of course, not everybody is going to go to the games.. i think on average, about 3/4 of the stadium is filled with dolphin fans and the other 1/4 are fans favoring the opposition.. this is how it is with every franchise down here, not just the dolphins. it just so happens that in this case, these fans were really loud and in greater numbers than usual..

Originally posted by Mr. Pink
I have to agree with Ken for the most part.

The only 2 guys with heart on the team are ZT and Turk. Keep them, and let everybody else go.

Even T-Buck didn't show up last night. So disappointing...

Keep Zach, but don't let him pass cover ANYONE!!! Everytime I see him pass cover, he's getting toasted. I was laughing my @ss off watching him get burned on that TD in the endzone. He can't do it. Get rid of everyone else..

why are you guys bashing the defense?? the defense has been keeping miami in the games all year round.. if it wasnt for them, miami may have only won about 2 games this year..
they were due for a letdown.. last week they played their best game all year. they didnt let the best team in the league score a touchdown at home, in weather that they sure as hell were used to playing in.. the held their offense to 3 points.. and still lost 12 to nothing!!
what did you expect..? they didnt show up last night.. and i dont really blame them.. i wouldnt either.
the defense is fine.. miami is lucky if most of the defense returns next year.

Back
Top Bottom