What about that CFL DE Dolphins signed

BenchFiedler

Undrafted Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
First of all, I don't see any reasons to panic!!!

We let Vernon and Shelby walk but what about that CFL guy we signed recently.. My intuition tells me this guy can be a star in the NFL like Wake and he has more upsides than Wake right now.

We upgraded LB with Alonso and the secondary might be something special with Jones and Abdul-Quddus .

We still have Williams, Wake, Suh, Jordan Philipps, Cleyon Laing (CFL star)

broccoli rob

Starter
Reaction score
lets not get carried away with this Laing kid just yet. I don't even want to hear it if he has a good camp. or preseason. REAL games.

Remember last offseason's Chris McCain hype? lol half this board thought we had a Pro Bowl linebacker on our hands.

NoblePhin

Starter
Club Member
Reaction score
Laing looks like a direct replacement to Shelby, plus its time for Fede to step up, he looks like a solid rotational player and its year 3 for him so I'm hoping to see him put it all together

fisi

Starter
Reaction score
Dont forget Demontre Moore, who is a very good pass rusher and old school mate of Tannehill, I believe. But he is a nutcase!

SCLSU Mud Dogs

Foosball is the devil
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Dont forget Demontre Moore, who is a very good pass rusher and old school mate of Tannehill, I believe. But he is a nutcase!

:lol: no he's not. If he was a very good pass rusher he never would have been released by the Giants. Moore will either be a full-time backup or off the team come week 1.

footsteps_falco

Damn SugarBowl
Club Member
Reaction score
Damontre Moore is garbage. Terrance Fede is not a pass rusher. Cleyon Laing Will be the real deal 100%. i stake my road construction job on it :lol:

bradmcnutt13

Starter
Reaction score
We should lock him up on a ten year deal before we lose him to free agency as well :)

MRojas4

The Cheese Connoisseur
Club Member
Reaction score
Didn't we claim Quinton Coples last year? Or is he also gone?

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
First of all, I don't see any reasons to panic!!!

We let Vernon and Shelby walk but what about that CFL guy we signed recently.. My intuition tells me this guy can be a star in the NFL like Wake and he has more upsides than Wake right now.

We upgraded LB with Alonso and the secondary might be something special with Jones and Abdul-Quddus .

We still have Williams, Wake, Suh, Jordan Philipps, Cleyon Laing (CFL star)

did this guy get 3 sacks on every play in the CFL like Wake did? If not doubt he's going to do much in the NFL.

spiketex

Aussie with the swag of El Bravo 47
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Camp body. If he makes the team I'd be surprised.
Get set to be surprised, dude. I also think that he's Derrick Shelby's replacement. Remember we competed against 4 other NFL teams (including the Patriots) to get his signature. Apparently Cam Wake, as an ex CFL DE was called in to encourage him to join Miami.

Top Bottom