What about this trade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What about this trade?

What about trading Carroo to the Chargers for MLB Denzel Perryman. You might have to throw a 5th rounder into the mix.

Don't know much about Perryman and won't claim to, for some reason his name and Chargers ring a bell. Was he the backer that held out rookie season of OTAs and such and then was seen on video playing kickball or some sport? I know it was a Charger, just can't recall if that was him or not. With that said, Chargers will probably end up making a trade at some point in season when their WR core is riddled with injuries as usual.

As for what OP stated, don't see it happening for a few reasons but mainly because the Eagles were in really bad shape cap wise before the draft, with signing rookies and FAs and the likes, I don't see them taking on Landry with having to sign him long term/ Not taking Landry as a one year rental for 2 players and a 1st round pick.

As far as I know, nobody around here turned Jarvis Landry into anything. Whatever he is, he earned.

Unlike all those iffy prospects you just threw out there as replacements.

Jakeem Grant is a 5'6" 150 pound special teams gadget...and not even a reliable one at that.

There's no way you actually believe all that you just posted. If so, you may want to stick to video games. Real football isn't a video game.

Adam Gase would be winning 4 games and out of a job taking your advice.

Although I'd like to see Landry in Atlanta with Matt Ryan and Julio. We'll send you a guard in exchange...

So our players are ,"iffy?" I'm sure they would appreciate to hear that.

If you don't see a cult following of Landry in the posts on this board, then you are blind. It's everywhere.

Landry has earned to be highly respected NFL receiver, and if he continues to stay healthy and be heavily targeted, he may go to the Hall someday, however, I find your description of him as some kind of royalty up on a throne with our players as his sycophant followers, repulsive.

The fact is, this Dolphins team is loaded with receiving talent, and that isn't hype, or exaggerated stories about Landry's stupendous leadership, like he is the second coming of Martin Luther King or something.

So our players are ,"iffy?" I'm sure they would appreciate to hear that.

If you don't see a cult following of Landry in the posts on this board, then you are blind. It's everywhere.

Landry has earned to be highly respected NFL receiver, and if he continues to stay healthy and be heavily targeted, he may go to the Hall someday, however, I find your description of him as some kind of royalty up on a throne with our players as his sycophant followers, repulsive.

The fact is, this Dolphins team is loaded with receiving talent, and that isn't hype, or exaggerated stories about Landry's stupendous leadership, like he is the second coming of Martin Luther King or something.

I cant tell if you're trolling or just out of your mind, and I'm usually pretty good at spotting the lures.

Because he is.........He really is.

Gase would have the time of his life mixing things around. Using Grant and Caroo on the outside and creating mismatches all over the field with Stills and Parker and Damien Williams and Thomas Duarte and Julius Thomas,and my favorite, Kenyon Drake,all putting in time as y-receivers. Then if you throw in the possibility of the Dolphins keeping six WR's you could create even more magic with the intriguing Stringfellow or Owusu.

Might see more double TE sets, which would be a good thing imo. If Fasano stays healthy this year, he is almost as good as an extra OT on the line.

But I am more about finding greatness. I like a straight up trade for LG Andrew Norwell with the Panthers. Norwell has been great the last two years and he appears to be on the way to becoming the next Marshall Yanda.
On paper it sounds easy - when the hitting starts it's a different ballgame so to speak. Landry is going to give you 100% on every play. We have yet to see that from Parker and even Stills who at times will make a business decision not to stick his head in there. Replacing Jarvis would be more difficult than it would appear from up here in Madden-land.

Gase would have the time of his life mixing things around. Using Grant and Caroo on the outside and creating mismatches all over the field with Stills and Parker and Damien Williams and Thomas Duarte and Julius Thomas,and my favorite, Kenyon Drake,all putting in time as y-receivers. Then if you throw in the possibility of the Dolphins keeping six WR's you could create even more magic with the intriguing Stringfellow or Owusu.

Might see more double TE sets, which would be a good thing imo. If Fasano stays healthy this year, he is almost as good as an extra OT on the line.

But I am more about finding greatness. I like a straight up trade for LG Andrew Norwell with the Panthers. Norwell has been great the last two years and he appears to be on the way to becoming the next Marshall Yanda.

This idea that Grant is going to replace Landry when he can't even catch the ball or hold onto it is mind boggling. Landry has earned the respect of the entire league, Grant is just a nice story that fans want to root for. Forgive some of us for not buying into one pre season game. A team rarely uses their 5th and 6th recievers on offense unless there is an injury. Duarte isn't even going make the team if Gray stays healthy.

Straight up trades rarely happen in the NFL. I doubt we would have the pieces to trade for an all pro guard. We would need to sign him to an extension as well. Why not just wait for FA and pay him and keep our picks and players?

You're legitimately delusional.

Depends what the feeling is on getting signed to a reasonable contract. If they don't think it's happening it's better to trade him. Business over emotion. I love the dude as a player.

He isn't going to leave for nothing. If worse comes to worse, the Dolphins will use the franchise tag to keep him.

This situation clarifies for me why we need the franchise tag, which so many people seem to complain about. If your homegrown talent is being unreasonable about his 2nd contract, at least the teams have a card to play. Player gets paid, team keeps player for a year.

What about trading Carroo to the Chargers for MLB Denzel Perryman. You might have to throw a 5th rounder into the mix.

Yeah.... The Chargers would really fall over themselves at the idea of trading their stud MLB for an unknown 5th string receiver lol

Perryman is another blunder of misses from this FO. They just had to get cute and take a no heart DT.

Stop the madness! NO TRADING LANDRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He fills the seats on game day, he is our most popular player and he is a generational type talent, he is that good. Think of all the young Dolphin fans who just love the guy, should we trade him away and break their hearts? NO F NO STOP THIS NONSENSE!!! There WILL be a statue of him one day outside the stadium imo. I love to make predictions like that because nobody can say I'm wrong for at least a decade!

I hate these trade scenarios, but have to admit, this one is pretty tempting if it could happen.

Back
Top Bottom