What are the Dolphins going to do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the Dolphins going to do?

DaQuix

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am a Bills fan and honestly dont know, about the Dolphins off-season thinking so I was hoping you guys can fill me in. The Miami Dolphins are 9.5 million OVER the cap. They still have to sign Adewale Ogunleye, Terrel Buckley, Arturo Freeman, Shawn Wooden, Matt Turk, Tommy Hendricks.

Im writing a off-season article on the NFL - what I need to know is how the Dolphins plan to get out of this debt with all these players needing to be signed. Thanks guys.

And Travis Minor and Morlon Greenwood to that list too

Cut Griese, Fiedler (or pay cut), McKnight, Ruddy, Fletcher, Perry and Marion

Dixon retires

Restructure Madison, Taylor, Thomas, Surtain and Mare

Don't resign T.Wade, Ayanbadejo, Freeman, Hendricks, Nails and Wooden

no problem!

Last edited by a moderator:
Your talking about $4 million just in cap penalites for cutting all those players.

Cant cut Gadsden since hes a FA
DO NOT CUT JAMAR
Big dead cap money man

How much in deap cap and from where? Your probably paying some dead cap too

Cuts:

Jay Fiedler- 7,200,000
Brian Griese- 6,970,000
Derruis Tompson- 1,450,000
James McKnight- 2,160,000
Mark Dixon- 933,333
Rim Ruddy- 3,000,000
Brock Marion- 2,650,000
Mark (i think his first name is mark) Grau- 380,000
Jamar Fletcher- 1,405,000

Savings- 27,598,333

thats not to bad... this is without the "dead weight." JF and BG save about 14 million alone.

plus miami should get about 9 million one restructured deals and such. most of the big players will have to restructure.

miami doesn't look to be in bad shape.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21
Cuts:

Jay Fiedler- 7,200,000
Brian Griese- 6,970,000
Derruis Tompson- 1,450,000
James McKnight- 2,160,000
Mark Dixon- 933,333
Rim Ruddy- 3,000,000
Brock Marion- 2,650,000
Mark (i think his first name is mark) Grau- 380,000
Jamar Fletcher- 1,405,000

Savings- 27,598,333

thats not to bad... this is without the "dead weight." JF and BG save about 14 million alone.

plus miami should get about 9 million one restructured deals and such. most of the big players will have to restructure.

miami doesn't look to be in bad shape.

Blueprint - you seem like you dont know the NFL Salary Cap situation to much. Miami may be paying "dead cap" this year.

Also if you plan on cutting 2 of your QB's you wont have anyone left.

Also - You save 27,000,000 and then you have 20,000,000 in cap penalties.

So you end up cutting 7 of the players that got you to a 10-6 record this year for 7,000,000 you wont get to spend on any other players because youll need it for draft picks.

DaQuix..I also doubt that Miami will cut all of these players. Griese is a definite goner..he is due a LARGE roster bonus. When they dump him, the cap hit will be minimal. I'm sure Miami won't leave themself stuck without a QB. Don't be surprised to see Fiedler redo his contract and remain as a solid backup. The key for them to get plenty of room under the cap is restructuring contracts. Madison will not make 9 million dollars in 2004.

Even if the cap hits for cutting McKnight, Fletcher, Ruddy and Marion are big, the Phins put themselves in good position by making sure there wasn't very much "dead money" going into this offseason (only $100,000) now that the Daryl Gardener fiasco is finally over.

I'm sure Miami will be in good shape to sign 2 or 3 offensive lineman (John Tait & Damien Woody?), a solid veteran QB (Brunell?) and a decent 3rd WR (Dennis Northcutt?). We shall see.

Originally posted by DaQuix
I am a Bills fan and honestly dont know, about the Dolphins off-season thinking so I was hoping you guys can fill me in. The Miami Dolphins are 9.5 million OVER the cap. They still have to sign Adewale Ogunleye, Terrel Buckley, Arturo Freeman, Shawn Wooden, Matt Turk, Tommy Hendricks.

Im writing a off-season article on the NFL - what I need to know is how the Dolphins plan to get out of this debt with all these players needing to be signed. Thanks guys.

Really?

Since all 20 or so posts of yours are smack with the exception of your debate going on here.

And since your question here turned into a debate here.

And since your writing wouldn't qualify to be read to retarded men and women......

I seriously doubt the thesis to the original post.

Re: Re: What are the Dolphins going to do?

Originally posted by ZOD

Really?

Since all 20 or so posts of yours are smack with the exception of your debate going on here.

And since your question here turned into a debate here.

And since your writing wouldn't qualify to be read to retarded men and women......

I seriously doubt the thesis to the original post.

A Kodak moment ...

clear.gif

:D

Marino1983

Miami will cut a lot of dead weight, and restructure several deals. They will get hit with some dead cap money, but the net savings shoudl work out for them still.

They will have money to sign one maybe two decent FAs. They are really going to have to score in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom