What are the Dolphins going to do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are the Dolphins going to do?

Re: Re: What are the Dolphins going to do?

Originally posted by ZOD

Really?

Since all 20 or so posts of yours are smack with the exception of your debate going on here.

And since your question here turned into a debate here.

And since your writing wouldn't qualify to be read to retarded men and women......

I seriously doubt the thesis to the original post.

Zod. I only talk smack to have fun and about 3 of my 20 posts are smack. I try to stay away from it.

Secondly, I am researching to write a paper for Pro Football Central. Maybe you have heard of it?

I also doubt you have read any of my papers since you dont seam to like Bills fans, whether they are nice or mean.

Thirdly, I cant just take what you guys give me, for most of you are giving me false information. For example. One poster listed 27,000,000 in cap savings. When in reality it would be more like 18,000,000 in cap savings and 15,000,000 in cap penalties.

So I need to debate to at least get some more info/more accurate info out of you. This paper wont be absolute formal - it will have quotes from other teams fans ... etc

When it is done you can read it at PFC.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question, doesnt the darryl gradener money come off this year? is it allready in the equation?
I think that the fins will be able to cut down alot of money more easier than people might think. Guys like freeman/wooden/ect. can be cut and go to other teams or brought back when the cap is under control.
Restructure Madison (trade if at all possible for a second to third draft pick)
Cut mare or take a pay cut.
OLinemen will be gone. that right there will save you alot of dough. aside from griese/mcnight/and many other lower salary guys who just add up.

It tooks like the estimates are going to higher to around 17 Million Over Cap - take a look at the article I just found

Dolphins facing hectic offseason full of tough decisions
-profootballweekly.com

Miami

The Dolphins will have some major roster decisions to make this offseason. Miami must find a way to improve its offensive line and WR corps in the offseason while slashing its payroll to fit under the salary cap. According to our sources, the team figures to be roughly $17 million over the cap and will owe at least 10 key players (among them Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas and Brian Griese) roster bonuses during the offseason. Some of those players, such as Griese and WR Derrius Thompson, probably will not be around to cash in on the bonuses, but others, such as Thomas and CB Patrick Surtain, are not guys the team can let go. Meanwhile, the team will need money if they choose to seriously pursue DLE Adewale Ogunleye, who should get plenty of interest on the market regardless of what the team tenders him as a restricted free agent. Complicating matters is the issue of the team’s depth. With little youth to rely on after a few years of sparse drafts, the Dolphins don’t have much to lean on.

Originally posted by DaQuix
I am a Bills fan and honestly dont know, about the Dolphins off-season thinking so I was hoping you guys can fill me in. The Miami Dolphins are 9.5 million OVER the cap. They still have to sign Adewale Ogunleye, Terrel Buckley, Arturo Freeman, Shawn Wooden, Matt Turk, Tommy Hendricks.

Im writing a off-season article on the NFL - what I need to know is how the Dolphins plan to get out of this debt with all these players needing to be signed. Thanks guys.

Well, Im no salary cap expert, but Im pretty sure the Dolphins organization will figure it out, they always do, thats why, unlike the Bills, we manage to pull through year in and year out.....last year we were 11 mil over and we managed to add players......I can understand what youre asking, but the truth is, your asking the wrong people.....go to the Dolphins website and email them, Im sure theyll help you there.

Re: Re: What are the Dolphins going to do?

Originally posted by Predaphin34

Well, Im no salary cap expert, but Im pretty sure the Dolphins organization will figure it out, they always do, thats why, unlike the Bills, we manage to pull through year in and year out.....last year we were 11 mil over and we managed to add players

Good quote for the article man - thanks a lot!

Remember that the Raiders were 40 million over the cap...they didn't have to fold the franchise..relax. I'm not the least bit concerned will how much they are over the cap. I seriously doubt that the situation is so desperate that Miami won't be able to sign any free agents. They planned for this scenario years in advance. Give the front office some credit...I'm sure they have a plan to get well below the cap..that's what they are paid to do.

Originally posted by Gladsadmad
Remember that the Raiders were 40 million over the cap...they didn't have to fold the franchise..relax. I'm not the least bit concerned will how much they are over the cap. I seriously doubt that the situation is so desperate that Miami won't be able to sign any free agents. They planned for this scenario years in advance. Give the front office some credit...I'm sure they have a plan to get well below the cap..that's what they are paid to do.

But I am concerned, because I have to write this freken paper.

Originally posted by DaQuix
It tooks like the estimates are going to higher to around 17 Million Over Cap - take a look at the article I just found

Dolphins facing hectic offseason full of tough decisions
-profootballweekly.com

Miami

The Dolphins will have some major roster decisions to make this offseason. Miami must find a way to improve its offensive line and WR corps in the offseason while slashing its payroll to fit under the salary cap. According to our sources, the team figures to be roughly $17 million over the cap and will owe at least 10 key players (among them Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas and Brian Griese) roster bonuses during the offseason. Some of those players, such as Griese and WR Derrius Thompson, probably will not be around to cash in on the bonuses, but others, such as Thomas and CB Patrick Surtain, are not guys the team can let go. Meanwhile, the team will need money if they choose to seriously pursue DLE Adewale Ogunleye, who should get plenty of interest on the market regardless of what the team tenders him as a restricted free agent. Complicating matters is the issue of the team’s depth. With little youth to rely on after a few years of sparse drafts, the Dolphins don’t have much to lean on.

when was that article written? i believe the Sun Sent. and a few others said miami was over 17 million, but failed to include the 2004 FA, so that # is less.

Originally posted by Blueprint_21

when was that article written? i believe the Sun Sent. and a few others said miami was over 17 million, but failed to include the 2004 FA, so that # is less.

3 days ago

What publication are you writing a paper for anyway?

I know that after they do what they are planning that they will have 11.5 million for "new" free agents...that is what I was told by a very good source......

Last year they were in a worst situation than this year and they managed to sign 8.5 million in new players......we are fine.

As of now I believe that we are 12-13 mill over!!....This will be real easy to get under the cap if we got a guy in there with some BRASS BALLS that will make guys like Sam,Seau,Zach,Mare,DT,T-BO,and knight take a paycut!!!...Resign Surtain and hopefully he'll take a cut for the 2004 season!!.....Resign CC now and this will open a little more!!....Cutting both the QBs,Ruddy,Perry,JM,and Marion!!!....This right here will give us alot more option in FA and in the draft!!.........I am not sure what happerns to our cap now that Gardner is off it!!...I believe his dead money cap count was 6 mill last year but not sure how it affects this years cap!!!

the forums own cap chart shows we're about 13 over.

I've never seen a post that after every sentence there is 3 !'s

Back
Top Bottom