What are you serving for opening day ? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are you serving for opening day ?

Making the drive to Miramar for my favorite pizzeria of all time…. Antonio’s Pizza.

And I’ll be air frying a shitload of wings and some natural home cut fries. Gotta put that Ninja Dual to work.

Week 2 I’ll be grilling unless my wife goes overboard with the Peruvian cooking that Saturday. 😍
i've never been to antonio's and now i have to try it.

thanks mike.

View attachment 117124

Long spit filled with marinated pieces of chicken, with a tomato separating every few pieces of chicken. It’s amazing.

They make a pork/beef one as well. Some places use like 4 or 5 different types of meat, like pork, beef, lamb, etc.
do they use white meat or dark meat?

nobody in this household eats any dark meat chicken.

Where do you live bro?

Antonio’s is on Miramar Parkway closer to 441, but they have another location, La Familia, on Red Road.

Did finally find a good pizza joint nearby me in Davie. Angelos Pizzeria. They deserve a shout!
Plantation.

I know where Antonio's is, but not especially close.

Our go-to is Gianna's sicilian pie, extra well done.

They know me there (for 25 years+), they know I'm from Brooklyn, so they know how we like it cooked.

They started as Pizza Center in the old Winn Dixie plaza at 70th Ave and Broward Blvd., then the son wanted his own restaurant, so they opened Gianna's a couple blocks East in the old Plantation Towne Mall (Publix plaza).

Then the Pizza Center landlord tried to jack them up when their lease expired about 7 or 8 years ago, so they closed up that shop and combined to make Gianna's Pizza Center in the newer location.

Italian family from Italy. Italian is their first language (not the kids of course).

do they use white meat or dark meat?

nobody in this household eats any dark meat chicken.

They use all meat. Like I said, just put it in your mouth, and thank me later. I’m a very picky eater, but when it comes to that, you just go with it. Plus, here where I live, in a town of 25k, the meat doesn’t get any fresher and clean, so there are no worries.

I think I will do chilled bourbon with a ginger soda sauce garnish with a lime.

For a side dish I think maybe a beer glazed frosted mug with crisp carbonated barley pop.

For dessert and to celebrate the 40 burger hung on New England I will indulge in a freshed pressed grape demi-glace in red served in a 8oz goblet.

I think this covers all the food groups and meal courses. 😂

Back
Top Bottom