What are your thoughts on Rex Ryan? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your thoughts on Rex Ryan?

Everyone just assumes because he had the best defense in Baltimore that he will have a great defense in NY, but the last time i looked you need the great players to have a great defense. I just don't see those type of players on the Jets yet.

I agree the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. he looks like another arrogant, loud mouth, a-hole who is good as a DC, but terrible as a head coach- just like his dad.

The key to your comment is practice field. They don't hand out trophies or rings for who looked good in OTA's. Hell, we haven't even hit training camp yet. Please name all the flamboyant, loud mouthed coaches that have won Super Bowl trophies recently.
Hey.... It's the guys personality and he's hyped up.... I'll take it right now while football and hockey are in the off season.. enthusiasm is what the team was missing with Man-genius coaching and things will be different this year..The players on the Jets may not be the Ravens but his defensive schemes sure made your offense look horrible in the playoffs! Talk all you want but just remember that when the Jets whip the Fins a$$es, I'll be here to tell you I told you so!!!

Hey.... It's the guys personality and he's hyped up.... I'll take it right now while football and hockey are in the off season.. enthusiasm is what the team was missing with Man-genius coaching and things will be different this year..The players on the Jets may not be the Ravens but his defensive schemes sure made your offense look horrible in the playoffs! Talk all you want but just remember that when the Jets whip the Fins a$$es, I'll be here to tell you I told you so!!!
you sure dream big. funny stuff.

He is exactly like Gregg Williams was when we hired him. I guess its just something Buddy Ryan taught these guys.

The Fins hired Jimmy J. a head coach with lots of SB rings and he couldn't get it done.
Rex has no rings and has not been a HC until now, maybe he should wait before he talks.
When surrounded by sharks you don't want to splash.
He will sell tickets.

I love Rex he makes me laugh. He got to be the most childish coach I've ever seen. Is it not the super star players to say there team or themselves are the best? It was even funnier when the coach continued and the players did not want to follow him. I guess Rex is just in a world of it own. :sidelol:

His defensive schemes also helped make Manning look better than Brady. Right now his yammering is about as credible as Cam Cameron's would have been in the spring of 07 - if he'd have been as much of a hot air buffoon. But I agree, the Fins should be concerned and treat the upcoming games like we were playing Marvin Lewis or Mike Nolan. :chuckle:

2dv4whj-1.jpg

He is a loud mouth you appears to be in over his head as a NFL head coach. He won't last more than two seasons as the Jets' head coach.

You guys are being ridiculous!! Rex didn't start the battle, your boy Channing Crowder did... Not to mention stupid comments by Jason Taylor back when he was resigned..It's not ok for a new coach to be excited by what he sees on the practice field??

Rex very much did start it when he started crowning his team divisional champs in June. He ran his mouth and our players responded. Though to be honest i blame/hate the media so much more then Rex. Rex could talk all he wanted...the media were the ones that believed him and proclaimed him the best thing since sliced bread. Suddenly the dolphins went from division champs to chumps that got lucky while golden boy Ryan is leading New York to the promise lands, and our team got to enhance that chip on our shoulder. In espn's case it was an double insult; though to be fair as they regularly get away with gross incompetence this was just a way of maintaining the quota.

The Ryan and Crowder thing didnt bother me after it became apparent they were just having fun. I burst out laughing when i heard Channing call Rex a "fat old joker". Again, it was the media adding fuel to a fire.

His brother and father all seem the same to me. Good D, crappy in every other facet.

Back
Top Bottom