What are your thoughts on Rex Ryan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What are your thoughts on Rex Ryan?

Hey.... It's the guys personality and he's hyped up.... I'll take it right now while football and hockey are in the off season.. enthusiasm is what the team was missing with Man-genius coaching and things will be different this year..The players on the Jets may not be the Ravens but his defensive schemes sure made your offense look horrible in the playoffs! Talk all you want but just remember that when the Jets whip the Fins a$$es, I'll be here to tell you I told you so!!!

First nice job Vaark.

Second, enthusiasm wasn't the only thing that was missing. Talent has something to do with that. May not be the Ravens, that may be the understatement of all time. If the Jets get Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, then you might have an argument.

Third, you are right. Baltimore did make the Fins look bad, in the playoffs. Being a Jets fans you are probably unaware. The playoffs occur after the regular season, I figured I would point that out since you rarely get there and probably dont know what they are.

I think the guy is a pr#*k!

He may well be a good (assistant) coach but his comments about Crowder etc have really got up my nose! He has a face that you just want to punch! He says that you win in June, well, the only thing winning right now is his local Burger King! He`d better stand 5 yards back from the sideline this season or his fat gut will be on the field and they`ll draw a 12 men on the field penalty!!

I hope Miami (and every other team) beat up on the Jets this season!

Go Miami!!!!!
Ok please watch this, then you can make your opinion. Because he was obviously just joking around, Crowder was the one actually being serious and trying to talk trash about him and the Jets.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/09000d5d810c1c1e/Fueling-the-fire

First nice job Vaark.

Second, enthusiasm wasn't the only thing that was missing. Talent has something to do with that. May not be the Ravens, that may be the understatement of all time. If the Jets get Ray Lewis and Ed Reed, then you might have an argument.

Third, you are right. Baltimore did make the Fins look bad, in the playoffs. Being a Jets fans you are probably unaware. The playoffs occur after the regular season, I figured I would point that out since you rarely get there and probably dont know what they are.
Actually the Jets have been much more successful than the Dolphins in recent years making the postseason much more often.

Rex very much did start it when he started crowning his team divisional champs in June. He ran his mouth and our players responded. Though to be honest i blame/hate the media so much more then Rex. Rex could talk all he wanted...the media were the ones that believed him and proclaimed him the best thing since sliced bread. Suddenly the dolphins went from division champs to chumps that got lucky while golden boy Ryan is leading New York to the promise lands, and our team got to enhance that chip on our shoulder. In espn's case it was an double insult; though to be fair as they regularly get away with gross incompetence this was just a way of maintaining the quota.

The Ryan and Crowder thing didnt bother me after it became apparent they were just having fun. I burst out laughing when i heard Channing call Rex a "fat old joker". Again, it was the media adding fuel to a fire.
Wow, the homerism here is unbelievable. Crowder is the one that started it and hes the one that is taking it serious. Ryan joked around with some words with Crowder laughing after it. Crowder didn't have to make any statements about Ryan in the first place, hes just answering questions and stating his expectations for the team. What HC doesn't do that? The only reason why you hear more about it is because of the NY Media. The media is in love with Ryan because he actually is entertaining up there unlike Mangini who never said anything worth while and was always very uptight.

Rex Ryan is a clown who is earning no respect right now. He has compared Eric Smith to Ed Reed and Bryan Thomas to Adalius Thomas, both are nowhere remotely close to that level. Ryan is all hot air and it will be nice to expose him for the fraud he is next season. I like bagging on the Jets, but sometimes their organization makes it TOO easy...
He did not compare Eric Smith with Ed Reed, he said that Smith was making plays like Reed, because Smith has been grabbing a lot of INTs in camp. He no way in the world would compare Smith's abilities with Reed.

Seriously you guys need to read the entire story before you make statements, you hear maybe 2 words then come to a conclusion.

Wow, the homerism here is unbelievable. Crowder is the one that started it and hes the one that is taking it serious. Ryan joked around with some words with Crowder laughing after it. Crowder didn't have to make any statements about Ryan in the first place, hes just answering questions and stating his expectations for the team. What HC doesn't do that? The only reason why you hear more about it is because of the NY Media. The media is in love with Ryan because he actually is entertaining up there unlike Mangini who never said anything worth while and was always very uptight.

A quiet idiot vs a loud mouth idiot = a double edge sword. :chuckle:

He answered questions and made public statements concerning the rest of his division. Crowder, being a player in such division, responded(as well as Porter, but his werent as memorable as they did not including beating up an "old fat joker"). When you start boldly making visions of granduer to everyone that will listen, the people you will have to strike down to get there will usually stand up and challenge it. Rex threw the gauntlet, Crowder picked it up.

The opening statements by both people seemed to have been serious, but after that it appeared they were just having fun. I had no problem with a bit of trash talking between those two, especially when it got as absurd as it did with the "my dad could beat up you up" comments. Was amusing.

He answered questions and made public statements concerning the rest of his division. Crowder, being a player in such division, responded(as well as Porter, but his werent as memorable as they did not including beating up an "old fat joker"). When you start boldly making visions of granduer to everyone that will listen, the people you will have to strike down to get there will usually stand up and challenge it. Rex threw the gauntlet, Crowder picked it up.

The opening statements by both people seemed to have been serious, but after that it appeared they were just having fun. I had no problem with a bit of trash talking between those two, especially when it got as absurd as it did with the "my dad could beat up you up" comments. Was amusing.

Ryan was never being serious, he kept saying how he was just joking. And I don't understand why people have a problem with a HC stating that his expectations are to win a SB in the next few seasons. I don't want a HC that has any less expectations, he wants to win and isn't intiminated by any team or coach that is all he has said. Don't see anything wrong with that.

If he's twice the coach his Dad was he'll still be a horrible coach. But apparently he's just as much of a big mouth idiot, he's already shown that.

You guys are being ridiculous!! Rex didn't start the battle, your boy Channing Crowder did... Not to mention stupid comments by Jason Taylor back when he was resigned..It's not ok for a new coach to be excited by what he sees on the practice field??

:lol:
Ryan opened the door to ridicuel by making absolutely stupid statements that he himself cannot back up.. WTF has he done as a h-c on any level to make such bold ridiculous comments?
Ryan can be excited at what he see's, but most h-c's know that what they see in OTA's and even T-C sure as hell doesn't guarantee what will be seen in the regular season!
The dude is in for one heck of an education...

Any h-c that has an ounce of self respect knows better then talk trash to the media....
Ryan has already proved himself a tool as well as a fool.. The only other h-c that I can ever remember running his big mouth and making a complete a** of himself is ryans daddy!
As they say,, the apple sure doesn't fall far from the tree..

I cannot wait to see the tub of lard (ryan) eat crow all season long!
:D

Marino1983

If he's twice the coach his Dad was he'll still be a horrible coach. But apparently he's just as much of a big mouth idiot, he's already shown that.

Besides his big fat stomach the only other thing that would be twice the size of his daddy is JR's BIG MOUTH....

Marino1983

You guys are being ridiculous!! Rex didn't start the battle, your boy Channing Crowder did... Not to mention stupid comments by Jason Taylor back when he was resigned..It's not ok for a new coach to be excited by what he sees on the practice field??
What did Jason Taylor say? I really don't know... Please post a link if you can.

:lol: The Phins just had their first playoff appearance since 2001 (I believe they got their butts kicked by the Ravens that time, too). The Jets have had 4 PO appearances, 2 PO victories and a division championship in that span.

Plus, they've also owned the Phins for the vast majority of those seasons. But I think you probably already knew that part.

:lol: The Phins just had their first playoff appearance since 2001 (I believe they got their butts kicked by the Ravens that time, too). The Jets have had 4 PO appearances, 2 PO victories and a division championship in that span.

Plus, they've also owned the Phins for the vast majority of those seasons. But I think you probably already knew that part.
Has to happen eventually right? I mean, we have only been owning you guys for the last 30 odd years before 2001, good things don't last forever :(. Fortunately for us, those years are over, for both us and the Jets, and you guys can continue to be the bottom dwellers of the AFC East for years to come.

Back
Top Bottom