What Are Your Top 3 Disappointments And Top 3 Reasons For Optimism From This Season? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Are Your Top 3 Disappointments And Top 3 Reasons For Optimism From This Season?

Disappoinments: 1) The 1st 3 picks of the 2017 draft. Charles Harris has done absolutely nothing. Raekwon McMillan has shown next to nothing so far this season, a side from a few plays here and there, he's been slow to react and seems to hit the wrong hole too often. Tankersley played well in spurts but apparently was often playing the wrong defensive that was called. Then he lost his confidence and eventually got injured. To me as much as the draft looked good on paper, it is turning out to be a mitigating disaster. 2) Matt Burke has been a Colossal disaster. He's had a few good games out 27 so far. That's FAILURE in the 1st degree. He needs to GO!!! 3) Injuries have really hurt the team, perhaps it's time to question the strength and conditioning team?

Positives: 1) Xavian Howard, this kid has really stepped up his game in 2018. He's got star qualities. Although there have been a few blips on the screen this year in a year where he's taken the bull by the horns and solidified his position. 2) Minkah Fitzpatrick has been a rare gem. He's experiencing some growing pains as he learns the nuances of 4 positions on defense in year one. He also has star qualities. In time and with more experience Fitzpatrick may become Miami's best draft choice since Marino. 3) Laremy Tunsil has finally arrived. He's become what we all hoped he'd become when he was drafted. Tunsil is rock solid. A cornerstone LT.

Last edited:
Disappoinments: 1) The 1st 3 picks of the 2017 draft. Charles Harris has done absolutely nothing. Raekwon McMillan has shown next to nothing so far this season, a side from a few plays here and there, he's been slow to react and seems to hit the wrong hole too often. Tankersley played well in spurts but apparently was often playing the wrong defensive that was called. Then he lost his confidence and eventually got injured. To me as much as the draft looked good on paper, it is turning out to be a mitigating disaster. 2) Matt Burke has been a Colossal disaster. He's had a few good games out 27 so far. That's FAILURE in the 1st degree. He needs to GO!!! 3) Injuries have really hurt the team, perhaps it's time to question the strength and conditioning team?

The frequency with which players lose their confidence on this team is astounding.

Some people have to be held accountable for that.
I agree and the whole F/O should be held accountable, if they can't figure out the answers as to how they missed on all 3. Something was obviously wrong with the draft process in 2017, when your 1st 3 picks are lost?

I agree and the whole F/O should be held accountable, if they can't figure out the answers as to how they missed on all 3. Something was obviously wrong with the draft process in 2017, when your 1st 3 picks are lost?

Raekwon looked a tad bit more spry yesterday but he’s been a sloth most of the year with surprisingly questionable instincts. Seems like a SAM all day when I thought he would be the eventual MIKE when he was drafted. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the ACL return but meh.

Tankersley has been a disaster and Harris hasn’t shown us anything in 2 years. Malveaux and Woodard have shown more with less opportunity.

Just can’t happen to miss on these guys at the rate we miss on them at.

Nice list.

Best
1. Howard. He has to be considered a top five corner at this point.
2. Tunsil. He is living up to his draft status.
3. Speed on offense. I think Gase was right with the signing of Wilson and getting Grant the ball more. Both of those guys were delivering big plays before injuries hit.
Honorable mention: Fitzpatrick. Miami got that pick right.

Worst
1. The run defense. This area of the team is atrocious and not an easy fix.
2. Tannehill's injury. This was a crucial year for Tannehill and now it really feels like the team needs to go in a new direction there.
3. Injuries. So many key players out. Sitton, Wilson, Grant, Tannehill (for five games), Kilgore etc. In a sense, it showed Miami's lack of depth, but it's hard to overcome those types of injuries.

Raekwon looked a tad bit more spry yesterday but he’s been a sloth most of the year with surprisingly questionable instincts. Seems like a SAM all day when I thought he would be the eventual MIKE when he was drafted. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt because of the ACL return but meh.

Tankersley has been a disaster and Harris hasn’t shown us anything in 2 years. Malveaux and Woodard have shown more with less opportunity.

Just can’t happen to miss on these guys at the rate we miss on them at.
Like you I bleed aqua and orange. And when it comes to the draft I try to look for the positives and the potential in a draftee. But my gut was telling me Harris was going BUST. I fooled myself into thinking he would improve to the point of being serviceable, man oh man was I stupid!! Tankersley at least had potential, especially if he was able to move past the lack of the tackling mantra, that was pinned on him during draft day. Mel Kiper RIPPED the McMillan pick. Guess he was right. Tells you how much, many fans have the homer glasses on. Like you I still am hopeful he'll turn it around, perhaps as a Sam LB!!! But boy does this 2017 draft look like a total waste. Thank God for Taylor and Godchaux they alone save this rather forgettable class.

Kwon wore a target yesterday in coverage even though he was a little better inside the tackles.
Look no further than the first play of the second half to see that lack of range in play. Call relative to his location pre snap that should give up 3 yards to the tight end we give up 5.

He’s like mike hull in that you can get an extra 2 yards you shouldn’t be getting every time.

Wears a target

Reasons of optimism.
Miami actually looked like an NFL team for 3 quarters.
Scored on 1st drive.
A number of players looked good.

Pessimism
Gase did what Gase does. Ghost of FistPump and Philbin, Get a lead and play not to lose.
There is talent on the team. Misused, but it's there.
Evidence of a game plan

This 'n that
What's the deal with Burke and his abhorrence of blitzes? He doesn't even SHOW a blitz and back out.
I'm not as down on Gesicki. Gase knew he was getting a receiving TE. No surprise. But, he seems to have decided he won't use him as a receiver until he's at least an average blocker. He won't be. That's just stubborn. He has a guy who's good at something but won't use him that way until he's also good at something else. What HS coach does that? Play to a guy's strengths.
Still saw no effort to take advantage of mismatches. No effort to get the receivers open.
How many games have fans heard a commentator say something similar to 'none of the receivers got separation.' Seldom is there much separation when Grant and Wilson were in. I'm beginning to think it's the play calling and scheme.
Gesicki is interesting. As fans, many of us felt Grant was underused his first two year and he was finally getting more time this season. I feel the same about Gesicki. I don't know if this is necessarily a knock on Gase, but I'd like to see Gesicki get more playing time.

And one more thing with kwon. When your assignment falls down on goalline pa why in the hell would you just abandon it and flow outside?

Cause your lost that’s why. I want to trade kwon and gesickis sorry ass for first team that offers a 3rd round pick.

Come get these bums. Take Bobby McCain’s sorry ass too. These guys are a joke.

Gesicki is interesting. As fans, many of us felt Grant was underused his first two year and he was finally getting more time this season. I feel the same about Gesicki. I don't know if this is necessarily a knock on Gase, but I'd like to see Gesicki get more playing time.
The silver lining with Gesicki is how much turf he eats up once he gets going. He's the epitome of a long strider. Like you I believe with another year of experience he'll improve. I feel Miami has a good group of TE's that will eventually become a strong unit on the team.

Top 50 grade lb my dick and balls. Top 25 grade tight end my ass

These dudes are scrubs

Top 50 grade lb my dick and balls. Top 25 grade tight end my ***

These dudes are scrubs

Gesicki looks hopeless. Lord knows he is trying but anything that involves any contact and he looks like a joke.

And there isn’t a LB on this team that could make me pass on Devin White if he fell in our lap in round 1. I give two damns about the assets we have used on the position. Team needs a playmaker in the middle of that front 7.

Back
Top Bottom