what college players will you scout this year | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what college players will you scout this year

I gotta call it a night but thanks for the feedback. Definitely got some additional ideas tonight f

Quarterbacks: Leinart (USC), Jacobs (Bowling Green)

Kicker: Mason Crosby (Colorado)...to replace Olindo Mare, although he is still a Junior. :D

A couple of ppl already mentioned Laron Landry. He tops my list as well.
Skyler Green, Jimmy Williams, Greg Threat, Michael Huff, Darnell Bing (I guess you know what I'm anticipating on day one :))
I'ma also keep my eye on that animal Lawrence Maroney even though we have no business drafting a RB.

I will be very interested in the battle between Ahmad Brooks and Abdul Hodge to see who gets rated higher. Besides, theres a good chance one of these guys could be wearing a dolphin's uniform on draft day.

Theres too many players to mention. Chris Leak, Brian Brohm, and Brady Quinn and Chad Henne are of particular interest because one of them will definitely be a dolphin between now and 2008.

And, oh my, the young faces of the new Hurricanes.
Leon Williams, Roger McIntosh, Tyrone Moss, Hester, Kyle Wright, Lance Legget, Willie WIlliams... The horror! Where does it stop? :(

Hey everybody looks it's Jason Allen
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/sports/041003/tiger.jpg
A Projected 1st round pick in the 2006 draft. hehe

tramian hall of nc state...watch out for him...he's the next dante hall of the nfl

adamprez2003 said:
I cant list everybody. I have a bias for pocket passers. From what I read Jacobs and McNeal are the best of the scrambler/ passer qbs
Misinformed again. Jacobs is by no means a scrambler, he is a pure pocket passer with wheels. Watch the guy play and you'll see what I mean. Best QB in the nation, and should be getting much more attention than he is given. It'll be hard to ignore mind blowing numbers two years in a row though. Of course I'm a little biased, but you can't argue against production.

PSUFinFan said:
Im just saying he shouldn't be a heisman candidate. I mean Penn State's backup quarterback had more yards recieving last year then Ginn. He will be a great player but he hasnt done enough on the field yet to be considered one.
Well FoxSports has him listed as #6 in the heisman watch. he does return kick and punts and will probably play D too. Just watch!

personally i think we should go ahmad brooks or abdul hodge if we want a line backer they are both mosters with great speed in the middle if we go corner i like williams from v tech if we decide tackle which we wont hopefully cause hopefully carey is good i like ferguson cuz he is the best combo of size stregnth and speed at the position i love bing from usc would love to draft him another ed reed if u ask me just much bigger in size and hits harder i like jacobs at the qb but am keeping my eye on gradkowski if we need a wr i would like to grab a devin hester late beacuse of the speed but othawise i like santonio holmes from ohio state up front if we go DT i love gabe watson combo of speed and size gives us a big man to plug inside but othawise i think ngata because of the sam reason defensive end i like mathius kiwanuka another julius pepper if u ask me great speed huge size at 6'7" and almost 280 lbs could be a hell of an end in the nfl but those r just some of the guys im watching tell me wat u think

saves said:
Misinformed again. Jacobs is by no means a scrambler, he is a pure pocket passer with wheels. Watch the guy play and you'll see what I mean. Best QB in the nation, and should be getting much more attention than he is given. It'll be hard to ignore mind blowing numbers two years in a row though. Of course I'm a little biased, but you can't argue against production.

I don't know how anyone besides a huge Bowling Green fan could post that. Leinart has done nothing but win the heisman and 2 national championships. Jacobs is an interesting prospect but his mechanics are flawed, and his throwing motion makes me think he'll take alot longer than some other prospects who are less talented. The most talented starting Qb in college football to me is Vince Young who has similar problems as Jacobs, but because alot of people have not seen Jacobs play they simply throw out Young even though he lost his top 3 wideouts to the draft before last season, and his best receiving targets were his tight-ends. Jacobs could turn out to be great but he is a huge project IMO, and if Saban wants a project than I would rather have Vince Young.

If we have a bad season like last, and its b/c of QB problems then my eyes will be on Omar Jacobs of Bowling Green ( Delray Beach, Florida, Atlantic Community High School) :evil:

for our team specifically:

lb brooks
lb greenway
lb hodge
dt wright
dt ngata
dt watson
ot ferguson
ot winston
ot mcneill
ot whitworth
ot scott
ot justice
oc degory
qb leinart
qb jacobs
db landry - pack brought him to my attention. besides i think there is a good chance that LSU players hold an advantage.
db bing

all canes, gators and seminoles (as well as golden knights, of course... though they're all sophomores it seems).

BigScuingili said:
Toledo QB Brad Gradkowski, Darnell Bing SS of USC, and Ahmad Brooks MLB of UVA

does brad throw downfield? i read in a few places that he doesn't have the strongest arm.

Back
Top Bottom