what college players will you scout this year | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

what college players will you scout this year

personally,

Jacobs and Whitehurst, these will be the best two college QBs behind Leinart IMO.

Jon Scott, there are a lot of good tackles - Whitworth, Ferguson, McNeil, Winston, Justice. I like Scott though.

Ngata, Mahelona, Watson, Wright. DT is still a need. I like Rod Wright... Wright & Wright at DT??

Hawk, Brooks, Greenway. We'll need good LBs and these guys are the best, Greenway is very special.

Williams, Allen. Jimmy Williams has really nice size and we still need CB help.

Landry, probably the best safety.

finsnchips said:
personally,

Jacobs and Whitehurst, these will be the best two college QBs behind Leinart IMO.

Jon Scott, there are a lot of good tackles - Whitworth, Ferguson, McNeil, Winston, Justice. I like Scott though.

Ngata, Mahelona, Watson, Wright. DT is still a need. I like Rod Wright... Wright & Wright at DT??

Hawk, Brooks, Greenway. We'll need good LBs and these guys are the best, Greenway is very special.

I don't know about Whitehurst I didn't like what I saw from him when I watched him I think it was the FSU game... anyway I'd put Chris Leak and Drew Tate ahead of him in that draft

nick1 said:
I don't know about Whitehurst I didn't like what I saw from him when I watched him I think it was the FSU game... anyway I'd put Chris Leak and Drew Tate ahead of him in that draft
if they come out... I really like Tate, and am also a fan of Leak's.

This time last year, Whitehurst was rated very highly but he had a poor Junior year. I dont think he is a bad QB and he is the kind of guy that if he can put it all together in his senior year then his stock will soar... he could get high in the draft.

djfresh47 said:
I don't know how anyone besides a huge Bowling Green fan could post that. Leinart has done nothing but win the heisman and 2 national championships. Jacobs is an interesting prospect but his mechanics are flawed, and his throwing motion makes me think he'll take alot longer than some other prospects who are less talented. The most talented starting Qb in college football to me is Vince Young who has similar problems as Jacobs, but because alot of people have not seen Jacobs play they simply throw out Young even though he lost his top 3 wideouts to the draft before last season, and his best receiving targets were his tight-ends. Jacobs could turn out to be great but he is a huge project IMO, and if Saban wants a project than I would rather have Vince Young.

Why not? I personally thought Rodgers may have been a better prospect than Leinhart, but hes getting all the pub because of an amazingly stacked team that surrounds him. Ken Dorsey was an awesome college QB for a championship team, and where is he now? I don't put much stock in how good the players team is, but I have seen Jacobs play almost every start he has made and USC quite a few times as well, and I would rather have Omar. His throwing motion is very short and akward, it looks like he is throwing a dart, but I've never seen him have a ball batted down at the line and his accuracy is awesome, 4 INT's all year in a spead offense supports that. How is Vince Young compared to Jacobs in any respect? Jacobs threw for 4000 yards and 67% cmp. rate. Young didn't even come close to 2000 yards and threw 6 more INT's in nearly half the attempts. I know they are different styles of offenses, but Young has twice the talent around him. Young isn't in Jacobs leauge as a passer.

Ernie Sims - this kid can bring it with every snap.

FSU replace it's under preforming OL coach. I'm really interested in how the HS All-Americans respond.

i think jacobs is the best overall qb coming out next yr in terms of speed throw accuracy and power but for those that like leak and tate they have one thing about them nfl scouts hate and thats there height 6 ft tall pocket passers are not really seen as top qbs ecspecially for tate because he does not have the athletic ability that leak has but another thing about tatye is he is only 190 lbs that is light for a qb and he just doest have the size leak still has to develop and i think if he stays for his senior yr then comes out hell have a bete chance then coming out nex yr i am a fan of both of these guys but they jus dont have the size and think they thought rogers was 2 short las yr and he was 6'2 so these guys are gonna have to show they can really ball

I just wanted to thank you for all the feedback you guys gave me. I will try to pay attention to alot of the players you mentioned.

LithoMan said:
Just thought about another QB I like watching last year, Dustin Almond from Southern. I thought he did a real good job. He isn't a huge QB, but I think he could be effective. Much like a Tom Brady or Joe Montana. Give him a look too.

That's gonna be a tough one to catch any games of

PackPhin said:
A couple of ppl already mentioned Laron Landry. He tops my list as well.
Skyler Green, Jimmy Williams, Greg Threat, Michael Huff, Darnell Bing (I guess you know what I'm anticipating on day one :))
I'ma also keep my eye on that animal Lawrence Maroney even though we have no business drafting a RB.

I will be very interested in the battle between Ahmad Brooks and Abdul Hodge to see who gets rated higher. Besides, theres a good chance one of these guys could be wearing a dolphin's uniform on draft day.

Theres too many players to mention. Chris Leak, Brian Brohm, and Brady Quinn and Chad Henne are of particular interest because one of them will definitely be a dolphin between now and 2008.

And, oh my, the young faces of the new Hurricanes.
Leon Williams, Roger McIntosh, Tyrone Moss, Hester, Kyle Wright, Lance Legget, Willie WIlliams... The horror! Where does it stop? :(

Hey everybody looks it's Jason Allen
http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/sports/041003/tiger.jpg
A Projected 1st round pick in the 2006 draft. hehe

The horror, the horror. LOL. Is Brohm(Louisville) the brother of I think it was Jeff Brohm?

saves said:
Misinformed again. Jacobs is by no means a scrambler, he is a pure pocket passer with wheels. Watch the guy play and you'll see what I mean. Best QB in the nation, and should be getting much more attention than he is given. It'll be hard to ignore mind blowing numbers two years in a row though. Of course I'm a little biased, but you can't argue against production.

I'll check him out although that's a tough school to scout

adamprez2003 said:
I'll check him out although that's a tough school to scout

I guess, considering they have been on gameday, had a few espn2 and two bowl games in the past two years, and play big teams such as wisconson, ohio state, and oklahoma, you're just not paying attention.

Dolfan4life34 said:
personally i think we should go ahmad brooks or abdul hodge if we want a line backer they are both mosters with great speed in the middle if we go corner i like williams from v tech if we decide tackle which we wont hopefully cause hopefully carey is good i like ferguson cuz he is the best combo of size stregnth and speed at the position i love bing from usc would love to draft him another ed reed if u ask me just much bigger in size and hits harder i like jacobs at the qb but am keeping my eye on gradkowski if we need a wr i would like to grab a devin hester late beacuse of the speed but othawise i like santonio holmes from ohio state up front if we go DT i love gabe watson combo of speed and size gives us a big man to plug inside but othawise i think ngata because of the sam reason defensive end i like mathius kiwanuka another julius pepper if u ask me great speed huge size at 6'7" and almost 280 lbs could be a hell of an end in the nfl but those r just some of the guys im watching tell me wat u think

Brooks I like at LB. hODGE i GOTTA WATCH. dIDN'T CATCH TOO MANY iOWA GAMES LAST YEAR. Williams from VTech would be great. I wanted Feguson with our number two and then the guy stayed in school. Gradkowski looks real minteresting. Might be able to get him in the 2nd round. Bing probably goes in first and In dont want to spend a 1st on a strong safety. Watson is a load and he might be available in the 3rd or 4th. Strange as it seems livin on the east coast I didnt pay attention to BC at all last year but I intend to concentrate on the Big EAST AND bIG ten this year. Good choices overall

saves said:
I guess, considering they have been on gameday, had a few espn2 and two bowl games in the past two years, and play big teams such as wisconson, ohio state, and oklahoma, you're just not paying attention.

That's true I admit. I cant catch every game. I pick out two conferences every year. This year Im going with the Big East and Big Ten. Figure others here should have the ACC and SEC bagged. If you're gonna check out the MAC gIVE ME SOME UPDATES ONCE THE SEASON STARTS

finsnchips said:
personally,

OT and defense look good this year for the Dolphins. Noone mentions Woodley from Michigan but I think that guy could be just whast Saban wants

bakedmatt said:
does brad throw downfield? i read in a few places that he doesn't have the strongest arm.

Not the strongest arm. projected as a west coast type ofQB

Back
Top Bottom