What do we do? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do?

FISHFAN44

Practice Squad
Reaction score
what do we do with our current QB mess? Do we release Culpepper and go with Harrington? Or do we sign Matt Schaub? I believe he's the only descent FA QB out there. I am not a big college guy so I don't know what's out there from the college ranks. I say give the helm fully to Harrington release Pepper and draft a project and hope for the best and see what's out there the following year. your thoughts

Release Culpepper before he is evaluated by Cameron? Give full reigns to Harrington? Why not let them fight it out before the draft and see who the winner will be.

Trade/release harrington
Keep Culpepper and Lemon
Draft a quarterback
Let culpepper and the rookie fight it out

what do we do with our current QB mess? Do we release Culpepper and go with Harrington? Or do we sign Matt Schaub? I believe he's the only descent FA QB out there. I am not a big college guy so I don't know what's out there from the college ranks. I say give the helm fully to Harrington release Pepper and draft a project and hope for the best and see what's out there the following year. your thoughts

I'd have to say I'd prefer the exact opposite. I'd give Culpepper one more season to prove himself, if he fails again then cut him next year. Harrington seems to be nothing more than a career backup, I hope we let him go. Keep Cleo Lemon as the the backup, i think he has showed enough promise to at least deserve that. I do agree that we should draft a QB somewhere to develop though.

Schaub is a restricted free agent who'l probably get a first round tender. Sure we can sign him but does anyone want to give up the #9 pick in the draft for the guy?

Joey should get the job? Why? The guy showed NOTHING last year. He was the same guy he's always been and has done nothing to warrant anyone thinking he can be "the guy".

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam and my thought has been the same all along: Daunte is the starter, period, end of debate from my point of view.

Now, merge this with the 1,392,294,200 threads that are discussing the same topic.

i rather release harrington.......cause im still a Cpep fan i know what hes capable of.......so my take is keep Cpep and Harrington and see if Quinn or Russell fall to 9 if not draft a QB in the later rounds

* I say cut DC and try to trade Lemon for extra draft picks.
* Make Joey the starter and see what he can do.
* Draft a QB late in the draft.
* Draft O-Line and WR's early in the draft.
* Sign some O-Line FA's.

Once we get a quality QB that can throw the ball and lead the team then we will be back in the game. Also a bigger and more talented O-Line will only aid the new QB and the return of R. Williams (if he comes back).

* I say cut DC and try to trade Lemon for extra draft picks.
* Make Joey the starter and see what he can do.
* Draft a QB late in the draft.
* Draft O-Line and WR's early in the draft.
* Sign some O-Line FA's.

Once we get a quality QB that can throw the ball and lead the team then we will be back in the game. Also a bigger and more talented O-Line will only aid the new QB and the return of R. Williams (if he comes back).

We already saw what he can do.

What we do is trust Cam's judgment. This is a guy who helped Brees turn it all around. If he says Joey is the man, that's good enough for me. Same goes for Culpepper. He'll pick his pony and ride him...hopefully all the way to the Super Bowl. :)

I think Joey's done here. His salary next year will be pretty huge, if I'm not mistaken. I would bet that we'll end up keeping CPep and Lemon and add a QB either by Free Agency or draft.
It will be interesting to see what happens if one of the QB's drop to us in the draft....highly unlikely, but if Quinn or Russell are there at nine, I think we'd probably have to take 'em. Otherwise, I'm hoping that Ted Ginn is there at nine. Also, I wouldn't be against drafting a QB with our 2nd or 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom