What do we do? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do we do?

I don't see Joey as our starter next year .... and a determination on Culpepper will be made in MAR when he gets cleared medically ....

Until then, we just DON'T know ....

Can people please stop bashing Cpep?? The guy barely had a legitimate opportunity to show that he can be our starting quarterback. He was learning a new system, and on top of that, his knee was still junk. People forget that even a BAD Cpep is better than any quarterback we've had since Marino left us.

We've got to give Cpep a chance. I say we trade Harrington b/c we can get some good scratch for him. He got a lot of exposure.

Lemons a lemon, Joeys a boob, get rid of both of them.

And Culpepper's a one legged man in an *** kicking contest. The same applies to every QB on the roster which is why I think Cameron cleans the slate and starts over carrying Lemon into next year simply because he's worked with him before and there is familiarity between them.

Cameron said he is goin to build this team around the QB. I can't see him building the team around a QB he is not familiar with but hey whatever his decision is I will support it 100% because this man has made Pro-Bowlers out of every QB he's ever touched!

Fear not, we are in good hands!

The QB situation is a train wreck. Receivers are a question mark. O-line needs improvement. Defensive needs work and we'll need a futre Zack and Talyor on the horizon. Secondary......(hear crickets chirping?) is well a project.

So many needs. I hope we do better this year than last year in bringing in talent.

what do we do with our current QB mess? Do we release Culpepper and go with Harrington? Or do we sign Matt Schaub? I believe he's the only descent FA QB out there. I am not a big college guy so I don't know what's out there from the college ranks. I say give the helm fully to Harrington release Pepper and draft a project and hope for the best and see what's out there the following year. your thoughts

Off topic question: Whats the 44 in your name for?

On topic reply: Trade Harrington, promote Cleo to the number two QB position, draft a project QB in round 3 or 4 and go from there.

If Daunte cant play well Cleo has shown he is just as valuable as Harrington now but with more upside. So we may as well try and get a 4th or 5th round pick for Joey. (If anyone will even give that.)

I say we make room for more cap space, keep Cleo who wouldn't get paid much. rid of Culpepper who is making alot of money for nothing and keep Harrington as the back-up. than we can use Culpepper's freed space to sign a big FA and draft a QB

what do we do with our current QB mess? Do we release Culpepper and go with Harrington? Or do we sign Matt Schaub? I believe he's the only descent FA QB out there. I am not a big college guy so I don't know what's out there from the college ranks. I say give the helm fully to Harrington release Pepper and draft a project and hope for the best and see what's out there the following year. your thoughts

I think this is the Million Dollar Question. If anyone should be released I would think it would be Harrington before DC. We all have seen what Joey can and cannot do. I think JH is always going to be pretty average. DC has had many great seasons in Minny, but may never be the QB he was. I think DC and Lemon should compete for the starting spot. If Brady Quinn drops to
#9 I think we should draft him...if he is gone, I would like us to go with Ginn,
and then wait until 2008 to try and draft Brohm or Colt Brennan.

Off topic question: Whats the 44 in your name for?

On topic reply: Trade Harrington, promote Cleo to the number two QB position, draft a project QB in round 3 or 4 and go from there.

If Daunte cant play well Cleo has shown he is just as valuable as Harrington now but with more upside. So we may as well try and get a 4th or 5th round pick for Joey. (If anyone will even give that.)

Well it's kinda a little lengthy but, here it is. i play ice hockey and i wear #44. i used to wear #8 as a kid which is my preferred number but, when I joined my 1st mens league team 8 was taken so you ask why not take #88 well the answer is my favorite player growing up was Bobby Orr who wore #4 so, you ask why not #4 simply it was taken so I took #44. How about you?

i say with the QB situation it really don't matter who you keep they are both wrong are are done in this league as a starter IMO. I say keep joey he's cheaper. draft a project. Maybe Brady Quinn will slip and we can nab him or something along that lines.

What we do is trust Cam's judgment. This is a guy who helped Brees turn it all around. If he says Joey is the man, that's good enough for me. Same goes for Culpepper. He'll pick his pony and ride him...hopefully all the way to the Super Bowl. :)

Agreed. For the first time in forever I trust the coaches judgement when it comes to QB. Whoever he picks, whoever he cuts is fine with me no arguments. His track record developing QBs warrants it. I also think that this argument misses which QB best fits the system Cameron is going to bring in. I could see all of them running it but I think Lemon and Harrington fit it better than a stationery Daunte

Back
Top Bottom