What do you guys think your better at the bills at. | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think your better at the bills at.

FFNSB, I read that Mike Shanahan and Tom Coughlin hold Jay in very high esteem. I can't remember where I saw it though, it was a couple months back.....

Originally posted by FFNSB
My argument was Bledsoe is better. I presented some numbers and references that I thought backed it up.

Your point is Fiedler is the better QB. Exactly what do you have to back that up. Please give us something other than the weak argument that he's won more games the last 2 years.

Find something from any independent publication that puts him in the top 20 at his position? I guarantee you can't do it.

First of all most publications don't get into the "whose better then who" stuff. The only time that happens is during the weekly pickem's. Plus if you think the press isn't biased boy you are pretty easily swayed.

How about the fact Drew got traded for a single #1 pick in a market absolutely desperate for solid QB's. Heck most good running backs get traded for more. Or how about the fact New England willing traded him in their division because they know Drew is on the decline and that every defense in the AFC East will feast on him and his immobility.

All I have to do is point out that Jay's QB rating (80.3) last year was higher then Drew has had since 1998 when he had a 80.9 rating. In fact Drew has only had 3 years in his career where his QB rating was higher then Jays last year. That was in the period between 1996-1998.

Heck wanna see Drew's QB #'s his first 3 full years?

1993 -65.0
1994 - 73.6
1995 - 63.7

Or hey how about the last 3 years.

1999 - 75.6
2000 - 77.3
2001 - 75.3

Then we get to Jay's #'s:

1999 - 83.5
2000 - 74.5
2001 - 80.3

Add in Jay's scrambling #'s and you've just been punked. Have a good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
bills blow....................

we are better at everything!

hell, even our waterboy keeps the gatorade colder. cheerleaders are better looking, coach is better, defense is better, offense is better, s. teams are better, more superbowl wins, miami is the better city, our fans are more knowledgeable, uniforms are better, we have beat you more times, our overall record is better since becoming a team, wider fan base, we sell more merchandise, it's endless really.

funny you had to ask. you are a buffalo fan though, so i guess that tells it!:evil:

:monkey: on the bills!!

blah...blah...blah. But I guess I'll correct you agian... Most of the previews rate the units of every team. Many others rate the best players at each position. So get your head out of you ass and take a look. But your right I heard that too...the press is against Fiedler...thats why they keep putting him at the bottom of the rankings.

I just can't win here. I give you plenty of stats that detail his poor play and you don't see it. So then I tell you to forget about the obvious that I pointed out to you. To look at the independent publications and see what they say...and they rate him as a below average QB. But that's not good enough either.

Its just plain ridiculous that people who seem to watch a lot of football can be so hard headed about this. Yes he's the QB of your team but don't make him out to be something he is not.

The people on this board such as yourself continue to make arguments that he's a top QB or better than Bledsoe. You may be able to get support for that idea here but thats it. Because nobody else agrees with that view.

And another thing genius...how many starts did Jay have in 99 to get that 83.5 QB rating? Any idea? I doubt it.

Did he impress you in 2000 with the 74.5 rating? NO. He sucked even though they had a good running game that year.

Last year...you thought he was good? 2 good games followed by 3 INT performances and several below par games in between. He is an average NFL player and everyone (besides a few of you n this board) can see the it.

Beldsoe is younger than Fiedler and he's already done things that we can only pray that Fiedler will accomplish this year. He's got one more year. If he doesn't do it this year they better show him the door.

Good Greif

You just don't get it do you? Talk about "hard headed". One can consistantly point out the negative, and omit the positive to prove his point...but usually only to himself. If you think that by ignoring any facts to the contrary of what you say is going to change anyone's mind on this board... than you really are thick... I'll say it one more time before I seek out the ignore button...Give it a rest already :rolleyes:

FFNSB you really are a dumb tool aren't you. You asked me to bring the stats I brought the stats and OWNED you. While you keep pointing to publications that you can't bother to link to. Am I supposed to just guess at the 100's of publications out there that don't even know Larry Chester is our new DT in place of DG? Hell I could easily point you to publications that say Jay is going to have a breakout year this year. So your not going to win any battles with that statement.

The 1999 year? For a guy who wants to talk stats why don't you look them up. Mark Brunell is frequently injured and Jay played in 8 games and played enough to throw a quarter of the time he did in his entire first full season.

You want to talk about Jay's 74.5 rating but pump up little Drew there who didn't even hit that in 3 years starting as a hotshot #1 pick.

You talk out of your behind and you obviously are too spoiled by the Dan days to think objectively. Hell I had a Saints fan walk into the store the other day and tell me Jay's a gutsy QB and decent enough to get the job done. He's just no superstar. FFNSB you need to get that through your head. You can't have a superstar at every position. Any fan who constantly goes on and on about Jay is thick headed. By no means do I think Jay is some superstar and I would gladly have the phins make a move if they could get someone truly better. However I don't live my life blinded by the history that is Dan Marino.

Face it.......you got OWNED.

Once again...Please point me to ANY publication that rates him as an above average QB? You can't do it.

In 99..he threw a total of 94 passes with a grand total of 2 TDS. Yeah thats a great year. It really backs your point. This rating means nothing. So that leaves 2 years to evaluate his play.

In his 2000 he sucked...at least we agree on that.

2001, he was average to below average at his position.

In conclusion...He has never accomplished anything in his career.

On the other hand...

Bledsoe won an AFC Championship. He had 75 TDS and only 44 INTS over a 3 year period. Those are top QB numbers. Has Fiedler? No he hasn't. But you still claim this guy is better. Where is your proof on the field. His QB rating was 80.5 one year. BIG DEAL. He still has too many holes in his game to be a top QB.

BTW, Bledsoe was the first pick which means he started his career on some really piss-poor teams. Fiedler started his career on a playoff team with a Great D and ST. And in 2000, a very good running game. He had way more support. than Bledsoe in his early years.

Like the Saints fan said" He's decent enough" Not exactly a ringing endorsement for a top QB. And thats the best quote you could come up with.

Hey...I hope he does great this year...but he should only get one more year because this team is SOLID at every other spot.
If they don't win this year HE MUST GO.

Damn FFNSB

You boost Bledsoe up so much why don't you just be a Bills fan? Or admit to us you really are one...stop bashing Fiedler and support him like the TRUE Dolfan

/me yawns really loudly.

Ok last post on this because FFNSB isn't much of a challenge and a simple Jets fan can put up more of a fight.

"Once again...Please point me to ANY publication that rates him as an above average QB? You can't do it."

As the old line goes "I asked you first".

"Bledsoe won an AFC Championship. He had 75 TDS and only 44 INTS over a 3 year period. Those are top QB numbers. Has Fiedler? No he hasn't. But you still claim this guy is better. Where is your proof on the field. His QB rating was 80.5 one year. BIG DEAL. He still has too many holes in his game to be a top QB."

I'll use your own words. "BIG DEAL". In one paragraph your excusing Bledsoe for not having weapons (gee I thought Ben Coates was a great weapon but hey to each his own) but then congratulating him for winning an AFC championship when he had great weapons. You can't have it either way.

With your line of reasoning Drew never would have made it to that 4th year when he finally turned in good numbers.

"In 99..he threw a total of 94 passes with a grand total of 2 TDS. Yeah thats a great year. It really backs your point. This rating means nothing. So that leaves 2 years to evaluate his play."

Hello your being a tool again. We can't evaluate because you don't want to admit the facts staring you in the face. That is why you choose to dismiss it. You want to acknowledge playoff games then we acknowledge that year also. YOU CAN'T DISMISS FACTS SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THEM. Don't you get it tool? QB rating is the unarguable official NFL rating for QB's. Argue it all you want but you can't beat the fact staring you in the face. Drew may have great physical skills, but he sure as hell hasn't used them most of the time.

"Hey...I hope he does great this year...but he should only get one more year because this team is SOLID at every other spot."

Duh we are solid at QB also. However your too much of a tool living in the Marino era to not notice that. By midseason you won't even be on these boards because Jay will put a season in with even better stats then last year and you won't be able to come up with any sound arguments anymore.

However I do agree on drafting a QB next year just because of the depth and our upcoming salary problems and the way Jay's contract is structured.

By the way tool you don't make a very convincing dolphin fan when 90% of your posts are anti jay posts. Next time you may want to try blending in first when your trying to pass yourself off as a fan. I'll laugh if Jay posts a plus 90 QB rating. You'll be crapping your pants trying to come up with excuses why Jay sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bledsoe won an AFC Championship. He had 75 TDS and only 44 INTS over a 3 year period. Those are top QB numbers. Has Fiedler? No he hasn't. But you still claim this guy is better. Where is your proof on the field. His QB rating was 80.5 one year. BIG DEAL. He still has too many holes in his game to be a top QB.

From 95-98 He had Martin/Edwards. He is no good without a run game!

His carrer totals are 166 tds and 138 ints.

You take out the 75 tds and 44 ints. It's 91 tds and 94 ints.

Watch Jay tear it up with a run game. He was #13 in the league without one. Bledsoe wishes he could do that. 91 Tds and 94 Ints sucks bad. Those are the facts

Jay Fiedler is better than Drew Bledsoe.

Originally posted by Dolfan984
. Jay Fiedler is better than Drew Bledsoe.

Not by much though. However that divide should get greater this season now that Jay has a legitimate 4.0 ypc pounding RB. Could you imagine Kordell Stewart without Jerome Bettis. Warner without Faulk. Peyton without James (actually we could see that one this year) or any one of his rotating RB's? Scary thought.

There is no proof that Jay Fiedler is better than Drew Bledsoe other than that Fiedler had 1 decent year, where he still only threw 1 more TD than INT. Bledsoe is a more physically gifted QB, and a QB who can take a team to the next level whereas Fiedler cannot.

Oh my god this thread just won't die. Neither Drew's nor Jay's stats could ever declare a desicive winner, it will be all about what they do this season. To end this thread let me answer the original question. the thing that Miami is much better at than Buffalo is...winning games! In the past 3 years Miami's and Jay's record has been leaps and bounds above Buffalo's and Drew's. Untill they prove differently that is all that is really important. Thak you and good night!

Back
Top Bottom