What do you guys think your better at the bills at. | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What do you guys think your better at the bills at.

Just having fun with ya. But I do see Drew going down your oline is very suspect and He's not very fleet of foot. Has Williams signed yet?that can't be good if he hasn't.:lol:

I think our Offensive Line won't be that bad. The Offensive Line has a 6 time Pro Bowler in Ruben Brown anchoring it, along with 2 solid vets in Trey Teague and Jerry Ostroski. Add in Mike Williams, and a youngster who was our best OL last year, in Jonas Jennings who didn't allow a sack in 12 starts, and that's the makings of a solid OL. As I have said all along...

1. Miami
2. Buffalo
3. New England
4. NY Jets

That's how I see the AFC East.

Originally posted by FFNSB

I just woould like some of you to admit that the guy isn't that god. He has some good qualities. He can move. He's pretty tough. But he is NOT a top 10 QB. He's an average NFL starter. It's the most important postion on the team and they should consider upgrading it. If they don't go far in the playoffs than he must go after this year.

For the record, I never said he was God....I simply disagreed with your analysis...and because of that, you called my comments stupid. Now that you have calmed down a bit, and actually seem to be listening to other peoples opinions, the attitude towards you might just change...
You do have valid points, but you have to admit, the rest of us do also, and just becuase they differ, doesn't mean we "don't know much about football"

That said... welcome to the board... :cool:

Originally posted by BMarion31
good point 87, It still boggles my mind why you wouldn't use the league's best RB against a defense that was in the bottom-half of the NFL overall. Too much ego.....

EGOOOOOOO......IS RIGHT!

It's one of those "intangables" you've talked about.
The media had his offensive guru minded brain so overly blown and fluffed that he must have actually believed he was the second comming of Bill Walsh.
Bill Bellichek played him perfect by saying that the Pats plan on shutting down the Rams passing attack in order to beat them, that ego maniac (Martz) based his whole game plan on passing on them (Patriots).
He hurt his team on the field because his ego couldn't take a defensive coach telling the press they plan on shutting down his vaunted passing game, which played right into the strength of the Pats defense.
You could see it during the game, he looked like a 6 year old that wasn't getting his way. I meen COM ON! Warner was practically shaking his injured throwing hand in Martz's face begging him to run the ball or get Faulk more involved, but yet the Rams kept throwing the ball. Everytime Faulk touched the ball it was golden and if Vermeil was still the HC he would have run Faulk down their (Pats) throats and Brady NEVER would've had the chance to drive the field for the winning FG.
I really REALLY enjoyed watching Martz's over inflated ego POP!!! like a balloon at my kids birthday party. :lol:

As far as the Fiedler Bledsoe argument goes, I've seen Fiedler do more on a team with no running game and injured WRs and OL than I've seen Bledsoe do with the same, and the key word here is TEAM.

Flat out FACT, Fiedler is on a better TEAM and with the injuries that the Miami OL had last year Bledsoe would have hurt the Fins with his lack of mobility. So Fiedler is the better QB for the Fins.
Adding Williams,Turner and some OL signings like Searcy and Nails plus the use of the TE more will only help Fiedler and the Dolphins go further in the playoffs, as a TEAM.
AFC EAST
MIAMI 12-4
NE 9-7
NY 8-8
BUFF 6-10

Sorry Bills fans but they didn't improve that much.

Let me get you started on some thoughts. Lets start with the Chargers offensive ranking in 2000. Then the Chargers offensive ranking in 2001. Then go through and locate all the years that Turner's offense has been top 11 in the league. Then look at the # of Qb's who were ProBowlers while he was there and then look at how many ProBowls they have been to when he wasn't. Heck there are some people out there who thought Tampa should have gone with Norv all along. In his 4 years in Wahsington he had (5) 1000 yard wrs and (4) 1000 yard rbs. He was also the coach when Brad Johnson had a 4005 yard season. He like to to pound the ball down your throat, but at the same time run a wide open offense. Look at Troy's, Irvin's, Emmit's number while under Norv. He does a great job of using the talent he has, and catching the d off guard. Norv would love to run the ball all day long until the D stops the run; but unlike Chan Gailey, Norv actually has a sophisticated set of formations to help open up the passing game to more than just the WRs.

Statistically Norv will add 5-8 more completions per game than what we had under Chan Gailey. Most of those additional receptions will go to the RB and TE which means sustained drives and more points. Re-introducing the TE into the offensive gameplan and getting the ball into Ricky Williams' hands more should give us a more respectable passing game. The top WR will get 70 plus receptions. If Norv calls Chambers # 70+ times, the Phins passing game will be flat out dangerous. Let it be.

Well... how about this statistic?? Miami was 29th is the league in pass attempts last year with only 453 attempts. Dead last in the AFC at 16th. San Diego had 548 attempts for 11th in the NFL and 5th in the AFC. Thats nearly 100 more attempts, or 6.25 attempts per game. Like someone said... most of those are going to a TE or RB, but that is exactly what is needed to keep an opposing Defense off balance. Last year Chan Gailey had the most predeictable attack in the NFL last year. It was either a run straight up the gut or a pass to one of our starting WR's. Pretty easy to defend from a defensive standpoint. That will change this year. Defenses will be spread out more because of the variety of passes they will be seeing. They will have to look out for passes going to more than just our top WR's, and because of this it will open up the running game more. is that he actually wants the QB to throw his TE and RBs! Other than an occasional screen to Lamar Smith, Chan had no interest in doing that. IMO, Williams, Weaver, and Konrad could combine for 130 catches.

Norv Turner isn't dictated to in games, he dictates. This is the primary difference between Norv Turner and Chan Gailey. Chan Gailey's offense was, as you describe it, an offense that takes what the defense is giving us. It depends a lot on where the game is going. If the defense is stacking the box, we'll hit the air. If they are not, we still liked our chances of being able to pound Lamar Smith. It wasn't a BAD offense. It was a BAD running game, BAD OL, and BAD RB. Thats not Chan's fault, it was a personnel problem. Norv is different. His offense is not based on the life of the game, its based on WHAT THE TEAM DOES BEST. I've witnessed it plenty of times in Washington. He keeps the other team off balance by dictating to THEM what to do, and he does it amazingly enough with repetition. The truth of the matter is, and I know probably NOBODY has brought this up before, and for good downright homeristic reasons too, but Norv Turner's offense resembles pretty heavily Kippy Brown's offense. Yes, thats right, Kippy Brown. The problem with Kippy was he was a poor man's Norv Turner. He didn't use enough of the shifts, never got a feel for what plays his team had down and what plays they couldn't run, an he was absolutely HORRIBLE at playcalling during a game. Well Norv, is good at all of those things, but his offensive philosophy is basically the same just with those added skills. Remember that if it could be said that Jimmy Johnson had an offensive philosophy, it would be that you would be able to run the ball even when a team knew you were going to run it, but you just smacked them in the jowls and mowed them down anyway...and this offensive philosophy DERIVED FROM NORV TURNER'S SYSTEM IN DALLAS. Like I said he dictates to defenses, doesn't let defenses dictate to the offense. I think its riskier than taking what a defense gives, like Chan did, because if you try and dictate to the other team and yet your team is still poor at execution, you're not gonna be able to do it (see Kippy-ball). If I had to give Norv Turner's offense a style I would say a pro-set style with two backs, using the TE as a middle threat, running the ball up the gut an bouncing outside, with not too many spread formations, and WRs who have mostly intermediate and long routes not too many short routes. Also, he dictates to an offense, utilizing shifts when necessary to find out what a defense is doing, and above all he executes the plays which he is most comfortable that our team knows how to execute and execute well, rather than just calling the perfect play for the occasion despite not knowing if the team can execute it.

I just thought I would post this Earlier article by CKPARROT. This along explains why we will be SUPERBOWL CHAMPS. MIXED THIS PHILOSOPHY ALONG WITH OUR DEFENSE.

That's not a bad post. I'd like an offense like Mike Martz' Non stop pound you even when you're up by 10-15 points.

Originally posted by FFNSB
I think NE is ready for a big fall. The Jets too. IMO, its going to be Miami and the Bills fighting it out for first.

I think the Bills have improved enough to make the playoffs.

I think Miami has improved enough to go the SB.

Like you implied "JF is the reason why you didn't win the playoffs"

So why do you think they have improved enough to make the SB? I smell a contradiction here. Maybe they'll make it to the second rd. I'll give you guys that.

I don't think anything FFNSB said anything offensive. Isn't calling a poster stupid, idiot or whatever against the TOS?

This thread reminds me of the good old days of Rob Johnson. Some liked him ,but most hated him. We can understand what you guys are going through. We've been there.

If you read the whole 4,000,000 page thread, you'll see FF's logic doesn't stand fast anywhere so this is not suprising.

11 pages long, over what we are better then the Bills at. LMAO

the question is...So why do you think they have improved enough to make the SB?

Have you heard of Ricky Williams. He's a monter runner plus he will be a good receiver out of the backfield which should help Fiedler.

Have you heard about Norv Turner? He's one of the best.

Plus, Chris Chambers is going to blowup this year. If you play fanatsy football he will be a great choice.

Expo..yes my logic is flawed. It just happens to be backed by every Football Publication in print.

My argument was Bledsoe is better. I presented some numbers and references that I thought backed it up.

Your point is Fiedler is the better QB. Exactly what do you have to back that up. Please give us something other than the weak argument that he's won more games the last 2 years.

Find something from any independent publication that puts him in the top 20 at his position? I guarantee you can't do it.

Find one quote from another coach, GM or scout that says he is the top QB that many here have stated. Again...impossible.

justafan

I left out the quaity of the Miami defense and special teams but that should be understood by any football fan.

Back
Top Bottom