What Do You Want To See The Rest Of The Way? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What Do You Want To See The Rest Of The Way?

SF Dolphin Fan

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Now that playoff hopes are dying fast, what would you like to see the rest of the season?

For me, there are a few things.

1). Would like to see Tannehill play well and stay healthy. At the very least, it improves his trade value. At most, he provides a bridge for a year or two with what's considered a poor quarterback class in the draft.

2). See some young players get field time. After last week, would like to see Carroo get more playing time. I know it's year three and most have given up on him, but with so many receivers injured why not? Also, get Harris out there and find out for sure if he's a bust, or if he can give you anything. Maybe someone like Ford as well. Start featuring Gesicki more.

3). Would like to see Miami go 8-8. It will be tough to do. Hard to see the team winning against New England or Minnesota, but stranger things happen in the NFL. None of the game will be easy simply because the Dolphins aren't that good.

4). Faster starts. It was nice to see the Dolphins get off to a fast start against Indianapolis. I want to see the offense progress in the final month of the season.

5). Play with high energy level. That will show if the team still believes in Gase. Honestly, still believe Gase should get one more year, but would be a tough argument if the team finishes poorly and doesn't play hard.

Looking for McMillian to make some better reads and get into the mix a bit more as the Mike backer. Also want to see a bit more from Drake - why are we running Gore into the ground. Let's see some passes thrown Gesicki's way too maybe a TD or two would be nice in the redzone. On offense let's actually throw the ball closer to the sticks on 3rd and long - what is with this 2 yard pass on 3rd and long. Tanny has the arm to throw the ball 10 yards or more.

Respect Gore but tired of seeing him play. I want to see what Ballage can do.

Respect Gore but tired of seeing him play. I want to see what Ballage can do.
Good point. I forgot about Ballage. Why not. I also like the idea of lining Drake up in the slot with the injuries to Wilson and Grant. Stills shouldn't be sitting at 20 catches either. Why does the team not use it's talent better?

I want to see Miami blown out in the next 5 games so that Ross will have no choice but to clean house. Gase is no offensive genius, Burke runs a bipolar defense (best at creating turnovers, but also can't cover, tackle, or stop big running plays), and the Front Office has continually hurt the team's salary cap with bad contracts and extensions for under-performing players and Free Agents.

That said, there are some bright spots on the roster, but the coaching staff usually has no clue how to gameplan and scheme to take advantage of the strengths of their players. I wouldn't be against seeing Tannehill get healthy, and using him as a placeholder (at a lower cost) until they (hopefully) draft a franchise QB. With injuries to the WR corps, players like Ford can finally get some playing time to see what they can do. We've seen Carroo make some big plays lately, so it's evident that the coaching staff has no idea of his talent or potential. I'd like to see more of Ballage. And, I'd like to see Asiata (and find more FA o-linemen) get some playing time just to see if any would be worth keeping for next year.

Unfortunately, Gase and his staff are going to be doing everything possible to maintain the status quo, so young players probably won't get any playing time.

This is a tough question for me, in a way, because my emotional response is to see them win every game and go 10-6 and get a wild card.
My ever practical side says lose all 4, get a higher pick, get Gase fired, and move on from this dumpster fire.
But I guess my answer is: Identify guys that we want on this team for the next 5-10 years. Godchaux, Taylor, Fitzpatrick, Howard, maybe McMillan and Baker on D, Tunsil, Grant, Wilson on O are all keepers, I think. The kicker. Who else on this roster can't be replaced and upgraded? Trade away (when possible...if not, cut dead weight) people who won't be here when these guys hit their prime. Trade down in the first over and over, come away with 13 draft picks and start the overhaul. That is really the only thing that will get me to watch next year. I am not jumping ship or anything like that, but for me to pay up again for the NFL ticket to see more of Gase's piece of crap product just isn't worth it. I don't mind paying money in exchange for something worth it, but the Dolphins under this current staff are not. I was on board until the Cincinnati game, when I got shaky. The Colts game slammed the door.

Now that playoff hopes are dying fast, what would you like to see the rest of the season?

For me, there are a few things.

1). Would like to see Tannehill play well and stay healthy. At the very least, it improves his trade value. At most, he provides a bridge for a year or two with what's considered a poor quarterback class in the draft.

2). See some young players get field time. After last week, would like to see Carroo get more playing time. I know it's year three and most have given up on him, but with so many receivers injured why not? Also, get Harris out there and find out for sure if he's a bust, or if he can give you anything. Maybe someone like Ford as well. Start featuring Gesicki more.

3). Would like to see Miami go 8-8. It will be tough to do. Hard to see the team winning against New England or Minnesota, but stranger things happen in the NFL. None of the game will be easy simply because the Dolphins aren't that good.

4). Faster starts. It was nice to see the Dolphins get off to a fast start against Indianapolis. I want to see the offense progress in the final month of the season.

5). Play with high energy level. That will show if the team still believes in Gase. Honestly, still believe Gase should get one more year, but would be a tough argument if the team finishes poorly and doesn't play hard.

Evidence of a game plan
NFL level play calling
Adjustments
Unrelenting aggressiveness O and D

Those things and the players will do well

It’s kind of sad but I enjoy free agency and the draft more than the season these days.
I think that's the case for fans of bad teams across the NFL. Miami has one playoff appearance in how long? And even that was kind of a fluke.

For the life of me, I can't understand why the team doesn't build the foundation, both lines. For a long time, the defensive line was pretty good but how long does it take to get a good offensive line? Now both units are below average.

At times Miami can look pretty good so IMO there is talent on the team, but the coaching staff isn't good enough to have consistent success. I'd rather not give them more time to continue this losing. And, this regime (like the Philbin regime) has proven that they are clueless when it comes to building a competent o-line.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom