What formation will our O use the most this season??? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What formation will our O use the most this season???

NorFlaFin said:
Alot of I-formation with Gorden/Brown (RB/FB) in the backfield. Brown or Gorden will split to the wide side to give the effect of 3 WR's.

If McMike doesn't pick up his blocking I would expect to see more of Lee.

I agree with this. Remember, Brown's receiving skills make him a serious threat in the passing game, so we may not see as many 3WR sets as many think.

offset I and alot of 2 TE sets...put randy in motion, that guy creates matchup problems and will be a beast when our passing game improves..

Pericles349 said:
That means that he'll take advantage of Ronnie and Gordon in the backfield, McMike at TE and Chambers and Booker at receivers... vs him taking advantage of Donald Lee, Travis Minor and Brian Gilmore... get it??

no i don't get it. the question was what offensive formations do you think we will be using, not what personnel do you think will be playing. you just stated the obvious, that ronnie, mc, chambers and booker will see the majority of the action. DUH.

Our offense will primarily run a 4-3. This way they can be ready to defend against the INTs Feeley throws. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry i couldn't resist. =)

thecoordinator said:
what the hell does that mean?
It means with Ronnie having wr type ability you have a lot of options at the snap of the ball, plus Gordon can catch to and has blazing speed as well ( one of his high lights was that pass he caught in the middle and turned on that speed was impressive... it was the game before he got hurt or the game of )

I think we will see some of the FB just not as much as the wanny years. 2 TE's is not an option because Donald Lee can't seem to figure out that penalties are bad. Chambers, Booker, McMichael, and Brown are a given, beyond that your best players might be Thompson (ouch!) and Gordon. This offense will definitely struggle early to get the offense down. I love the idea of swinging Ronnie out of the backfield presnap into a receiver. Leaving Gordon in the backfield. The versatility of Brown will do wonders for this offense, but patience will be needed early in the year unless another receiver steps up.

Pericles349 said:
That's a great point. We have Donald Lee who has been hella underused IMO. I would like to see him more involved at least until we get a quality #3 WR...

Lee sucks, he hardly got the ball and managed to fumble like twice last year. I thought he might have been a good pickup but I wouldn't mind to see him get dropped in favor of someone more reliable now.

Pericles349 said:
From what you know about Linehan's system with the Vikings, what formation do you think we'll see the most from our offense?

I think we'll see the typical two backs, one TE and two WR's alot with Feeley in the shotgun (like Culpepper). However, I think he'll add an extra receiver in there and sub out a RB pretty regularly. I don't think we'll see the I formation nearly as much as we did with Wanny and we definitely won't see 4 or 5 WR sets as much as some people here think we will.

I think it will be a 3 WR formation , with 1 TE and 1 RB.

Pericles349 said:
That's a great point. We have Donald Lee who has been hella underused IMO. I would like to see him more involved at least until we get a quality #3 WR...

Hopefully, he loses his tendency to fumble the ball after making a nice catch.

Pericles349 said:
That means that he'll take advantage of Ronnie and Gordon in the backfield, McMike at TE and Chambers and Booker at receivers... vs him taking advantage of Donald Lee, Travis Minor and Brian Gilmore... get it??
Along with that, I think we will also take advantage of 5 lineman, prolly one center, two guards and then two tackles also.

*exit sarcasm*

You basically said he would take advantage of our starters over our backups. :lol: Good idea captain obvious!

captain_obvious-1.jpg

Philter25 said:
Along with that, I think we will also take advantage of 5 lineman, prolly one center, two guards and then two tackles also.

*exit sarcasm*

You basically said he would take advantage of our starters over our backups. :lol: Good idea captain obvious!

captain_obvious-1.jpg

Oh yeah? It's apparent neither of you foresee what I do on special teams. We're totally going to use a long snapper, a kicker, AND a punter!

SCall13 said:
Our offense will primarily run a 4-3. This way they can be ready to defend against the INTs Feeley throws. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Sorry i couldn't resist. =)

yeah, maybe then we can strip the ball, pitch it to ronnie and thats how our offence will move

note to people who can't take a joke: i am not being serious, no need to ***** about how this is a bad idea :)

AquaAssasin said:
We will running alot of the "ACE" offense. 3 Wide, 1 TE and 1 RB. Im sure the fins will go out of the pro but I think linehan likes the spread offense.(ACE)
He hit the nail right on the head.

Back
Top Bottom