What happens if Cutler has a great season? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens if Cutler has a great season?

Most important thing for jay in terms of the media relations is body language. It's really the most important thing for his relationship with the fans too. Act like you give a damn when things go wrong.

No one expects this dude to be a leader in the lockerroom. He hasn't earned it with his new team. Just show you care and put in the work. The long time veterans need to do the leading.

I'm not gonna waste time worrying about cutler and health. The odds are already stacked against us with this curveball in camp. He's not part of the future so whatever happens in that regard happens. One year rental

Is this a troll job? There is literally video of Tannehill laughing on the sideline as we lose to the Jets and Bills costing us the playoffs. While he puts up a nothing burger of a game 25 qb rating. Oh and picking his nose! One member literally has a sig of that. You are worried about Cutlers body language?

Is this a troll job? There is literally video of Tannehill laughing on the sideline as we lose to the Jets and Bills costing us the playoffs. While he puts up a nothing burger of a game 25 qb rating. Oh and picking his nose! One member literally has a sig of that. You are worried about Cutlers body language?

No, but yours is.

Anybody whose particular skills, experience, industry knowledge, etc are in demand passing up a job that pays him/her hundreds of percents more than they're presently earning is an idiot IRL. It's all part of something called "Leverage." No one without an agenda should be criticizing Cutler for doing what they themselves would do if an analogous opportunity presented itself to them in the career marketplace.

I'm not thrilled with Cutler (nor with the other 2 obvious options), but financially inducing him into a desired action is not, nor should be one of the rallying cry issues - as it wouldn't for most anyone else in their employment circumstances.

Now does this put into question his "motivation?" Well it could but conversely, it could be the opportunity to be motivated to change the Legacy narrative and based on success, parlay this one year deal into $18mil or more next season vs the alleged $400k broadcast salary. So this works both ways.

That's a helluva stretch here. Football is vastly different than any other typical business situation that you're trying to relate here. Yes it's a business first, but the other part of the sport and dedication that comes with it isn't even remotely comparable.

That's a helluva stretch here. Football is vastly different than any other typical business situation that you're trying to relate here. Yes it's a business first, but the other part of the sport and dedication that comes with it isn't even remotely comparable.
as someone who worked with and through/& have known from the outset various execs who ended up being CEOs/Presidents of Fortune 50 food, HBA, etc companies, I'd argue that more dedication and successful competition climbing the corporate ladder is a requisite for ultimate success.. not to mention the prep and dedication of making it through rigorous MBA programs like Stanford, Harvard, U of Chi, Northwestern, Tuck/Dartmouth, before they even have a chance to compete as "rookies". And I do know from what I speak.

Last edited:
This is a team sport and as far as Jay's arm carries the team will determine the success of his season. Hopefully he has an awesome season!

If Cutler comes and tears is up bye bye Ryan, simple.

Then draft a guy high to groom behind Cutler.
I was about to say the same thing. I was out there watching practice yesterday. And anyone who saw it was shown what a real QB looks like. Ryan Tannehill was having a very good season last year before he got injured. Not only will Cutler (or Moore) have a very good season this year, but they (unlike Tannehill) will put way more points on the board. I just wish Mike Wallace was here now with these two guys throwing him the ball. Tannehill should have had that surgery. I said it then, and in my opinion he may have ended his career as a Miami Dolphin.

Wow. Just wow.

Anymore top 10 QBs in the history of the NFL you would like to include here? :facepalm

Those aren't examples, those are superlative exceptions. And those comparisons to Cutler are straight up embarrassing.

And Eli is about done in NY. He's hangin' by a thread.

How about Plunkett?...Bust up until age 33
Wins 2 Superbowls with the Raiders...of course it is an exception...as Cutler would be if he pulls it off.

I was about to say the same thing. I was out there watching practice yesterday. And anyone who saw it was shown what a real QB looks like. Ryan Tannehill was having a very good season last year before he got injured. Not only will Cutler (or Moore) have a very good season this year, but they (unlike Tannehill) will put way more points on the board. I just wish Mike Wallace was here now with these two guys throwing him the ball. Tannehill should have had that surgery. I said it then, and in my opinion he may have ended his career as a Miami Dolphin.
Thank the football gods he is not.

Mike Wallace is garbage.

Literally the only scenario I would commit to Jay Cutler beyond this year is a Super Bowl victory. Nothing less. And even then, I'd think long and hard.

Last edited:
I'd commit to Cutler if he got this team to the AFC championship. It's been awhile since this team has even made it past the WC round.

Good problem to have. If Cutlers lights it up then he or RT can move to another team. RT moving on would certainly net extremely high value draft pick if not multiple high picks.

Good problem to have ...

Good problem to have. If Cutlers lights it up then he or RT can move to another team. RT moving on would certainly net extremely high value draft pick if not multiple high picks.

Good problem to have ...

Not sure I agree. Coming of an ACL, he's not exactly young by QB standards anymore. I think we'd be lucky to get a high draft pick for him.

Back
Top Bottom