What happens if Cutler has a great season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens if Cutler has a great season?

If Cutler plays well...he stays at least one more year and Tannehill is released. We draft a young QB to Groom.

Tannehill really screwed not getting the surgery last year.

I'd bet money that cutler is hanging em up regardless of what happens this season.

I just can't wrap my head around any realty except that he came here bc it pays a whole lot more than the booth. If a miracle happens (and nobody fool themselves into believing it would be anything other than that) and he balls out, i believe he'd chase the big money as long as possible. I just don't see it being as tannehills replacement. It will take much more than what he has to unseat 17.

I just can't wrap my head around any realty except that he came here bc it pays a whole lot more than the booth. If a miracle happens (and nobody fool themselves into believing it would be anything other than that) and he balls out, i believe he'd chase the big money as long as possible. I just don't see it being as tannehills replacement. It will take much more than what he has to unseat 17.

Nail meet hammer.

The only way he possibly replaces tannehill in 2018 is if the medical on thill is fubarred. Which means the outlook for 2018 is dire.

That's really it. More likely with gase we get a relatively average year at qb and cutler sails off into the sunset. I think this is the swan song. Although I guess Miami could keep his number on speed dial in 2018 if thill were to go down.

I do think one thing miami absolutely should do other than thill having surgery to repair his acl and not dicking around with rehab is we should absolhtely invest in a better pressed into action option than matt Moore. Which likely means a first 2 day draft pick at qb. The problem with those though is the media always makes it out to be more than it is. First round pick qb yep that guys the future plan 3rd rounder Miami could paint more as insurance. It's a delicate balance I guess.

Just get the damn surgery Ryan I think the team would feel more confident about your health for the future if you did. And please next year gase jay cutler is a pocket qb let tannehill play the by and large pocket qb. The qb that happens to be an athlete is the way we should manage him going forward not the athlete that happens to play qb. Boot legs and roll outs yeah I get it but he's not freaking Barry sanders no reason to try and use him like it. Limit the medical exposure with a highly pocket progression offense outside of the off script scramble plays which you can never take out of any qbs game. Even the non athlete types.

It's possible he's just here for the money but I think Adam gase would see through it if that was the case. Cutler today said that gase helps out the qb as a play caller and I couldn't agree more with that. From limiting the oline exposures in pass pro with play calls to how he called the game with matt moore which everyone should know by now he only sees as depth.

I don't doubt gase will be able to do the same with jay cutler who skill set wise blows matt Moore out the water. It's the decision making and body language that Adam gase is gonna have to harness. Don't lose us football games with your play. If you dont do that Miami will be satisfied with what you give us.

It's possible he's just here for the money but I think Adam gase would see through it if that was the case. Cutler today said that gase helps out the qb as a play caller and I couldn't agree more with that. From limiting the oline exposures in pass pro with play calls to how he called the game with matt moore which everyone should know by now he only sees as depth.

I don't doubt gase will be able to do the same with jay cutler who skill set wise blows matt Moore out the water. It's the decision making and body language that Adam gase is gonna have to harness. Don't lose us football games with your play. If you dont do that Miami will be satisfied with what you give us.

Cutler said no to Gase on Saturday & didn't respond to his texts until he came back with more $$$. So . . .

We didn't draft enough top talent at the position. Lots of second round QBs with minimal potential like Beck, and lots of backups coming off decent half seasons like Feeley.

Rodgers and Luck were first round picks. I don't really consider them panning out as successors as luck.

Because all first round picks are successful NFL QB's?

Unlikely he does well enough to unseat Tannehill. But, if he were to win a Super Bowl he surely wouldn't lose the starting job.

Drew Bledsoe was a bigger star and greater NFL performer than Tannehill currently is, and Bledsoe lost his job while injured to a little known QB. Cutler is no Brady, but if you win, you keep the starting job most of the time.

He's not Brady....but I could see him being another Plunkett thriving in the right situation late in his career.

This is a team game and many a good QB languished on bad teams...even Marino went ringless on mediocre teams
....while lesser QB's won championships.

I don't think Chicago has been a great situation, with him enduring a turnstile of coaches.

And he hasn't fully torn any ligaments and some of you people act like his knee was shredded like culpeppper. Smh

Maybe not fully torn.... but torn, and then re-torn while simply moving. That's a major red flag when deciding if his knee will ever be healthy enough to count on

It's really easy to predict what will happen Cutler will get hurt and be gone. Just like every other QB we have brought to miami that had some success with other teams. Culpepper, Pennington, Green etc.
Sad as it sounds, this is the most probable outcome.

it could happen but I would still draft qb for future...Cutler does not have about 2 yr left in nfl. that being nice.

Anybody whose particular skills, experience, industry knowledge, etc are in demand passing up a job that pays him/her hundreds of percents more than they're presently earning is an idiot IRL. It's all part of something called "Leverage." No one without an agenda should be criticizing Cutler for doing what they themselves would do if an analogous opportunity presented itself to them in the career marketplace.

I'm not thrilled with Cutler (nor with the other 2 obvious options), but financially inducing him into a desired action is not, nor should be one of the rallying cry issues - as it wouldn't for most anyone else in their employment circumstances.

Now does this put into question his "motivation?" Well it could but conversely, it could be the opportunity to be motivated to change the Legacy narrative and based on success, parlay this one year deal into $18mil or more next season vs the alleged $400k broadcast salary. So this works both ways.

Back
Top Bottom