What happens if Cutler has a great season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What happens if Cutler has a great season?

Yes because Marino at 37 and 38 was ripping it. No his knees were shot, his pocket presence dipped considerably, and his arm/shoulder was battling constant injury. Bodies fall apart, look how fast Manning went from healthy to lobbing it up albeit with accuracy. When comparing Cutler at 35 to Ryan at 30 your not just comparing how soon till their bodies start breaking down, your also comparing how much room left for growth and improvement, and most importantly how much longer do we have to hold off trying to find a legit successor. i don't know how old you are but it was 13 long years till we found a competent QB in Ryan, it wasn't fun, and I'd prefer not having to do it again for another 8-10 years rather than 3-5. Things like Favre to Rodgers, or Manning to Luck are, well, lucky. Miami took 16 QB's to get from Dan to Ryan.

We didn't draft enough top talent at the position. Lots of second round QBs with minimal potential like Beck, and lots of backups coming off decent half seasons like Feeley.

Rodgers and Luck were first round picks. I don't really consider them panning out as successors as luck.

Wow. Just wow.

Anymore top 10 QBs in the history of the NFL you would like to include here? :facepalm

Those aren't examples, those are superlative exceptions. And those comparisons to Cutler are straight up embarrassing.

And Eli is about done in NY. He's hangin' by a thread.

Well, well.. pro players are human, these HOF have human bodies, they have bones,ligaments you know ;) not bionic bodies, so my argument still stands, what do you know about Jay Cutler's body or don't !? SO by those HOF's doing it then it's totally possible.

Eli is not close to done as a Giant, lmao , you have got to be kidding.... that's even more embarrassing than your point about Cutler.

Tannehill isn't going anywhere. Qbs are paid boo coo bucks and his cap number is part of doing business and having to have a qb worth a ****

And he hasn't fully torn any ligaments and some of you people act like his knee was shredded like culpeppper. Smh

Regardless, we absolute have to draft a QB high in next year's draft -- probably in the first round. We will either be going with 35 year old Jay Cutler who has never had consecutive solid seasons, or 30 year old Ryan Tannehill with a knee that may give at any time.

The future at QB is no longer on this roster. That's the realization with the unfortunate injury to Tanny.

I agree. We should do what Philly did, draft a QB and trade Tannehill, we'd for sure get a 1st for him with the way Finheaven talks him up.

Well, well.. pro players are human, these HOF have human bodies, they have bones,ligaments you know ;) not bionic bodies, so my argument still stands, what do you know about Jay Cutler's body or don't !? SO by those HOF's doing it then it's totally possible.

Your comparison top 10 QBs in the history of the NFL to Cutler is sheer mockery of the sport. GTFOH with that crap. Cutler was retired just a few days ago.

Eli is not close to done as a Giant, lmao , you have got to be kidding.... that's even more embarrassing than your point about Cutler.

Stop it. Get help.

The New York Giants may only have a short amount of time in having franchise quarterback Eli Manning. Retirement is looming for the two-time Super Bowl winner and the 2017 NFL Draft, which will take place later this month, can bring him a step closer to this.

Retirement talks are nothing new for Manning. In the past few years, this was something frequently suggested for him to do. However, recently, it was the 36-year-old who may have dropped a hint that leaving football for good could be next for him.
http://www.isportstimes.com/article...nchise-quarterback-eli-manning-retirement.htm

With 13 NFL seasons already under his belt, no one in New York would be surprised if Giants quarterback Eli Manning decided to retire sometime in the next few years.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...team-might-have-found-eli-mannings-successor/

Last edited:
Cutler's missed 25 games due to injury in his last 6 years. 11 just last season. Mike Pouncey also missed 11 games last season, but only has missed 19 total the last 6 years. Considering nobody has faith in Pouncey holding up, why do we believe that Cutler is gonna hold up when he's coming out of retirement and not likely starting in playing shape? I'm sorry, but I'm not holding my breath on him being the guy to take Ryan's job long term.

It's really easy to predict what will happen Cutler will get hurt and be gone. Just like every other QB we have brought to miami that had some success with other teams. Culpepper, Pennington, Green etc.

Cutler's missed 25 games due to injury in his last 6 years. 11 just last season. Mike Pouncey also missed 11 games last season, but only has missed 19 total the last 6 years. Considering nobody has faith in Pouncey holding up, why do we believe that Cutler is gonna hold up when he's coming out of retirement and not likely starting in playing shape? I'm sorry, but I'm not holding my breath on him being the guy to take Ryan's job long term.

Yup. Missed 5 games last year in the beginning of the season with a ligament sprain on his throwing hand and then of course the 6 games with the season-ending season surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Yup. Missed 5 games last year in the beginning of the season with a ligament sprain on his throwing hand and then of course the 6 games with the season-ending season surgery on his throwing shoulder.

Alex Donno did an interview this P.M. on his show with a reporter who's covered the Bears the duration of Cutler's stay there. The guy said some things that were encouraging. Supposedly Cutler really is a better guy in the locker room, and has a better all around attitude than when he was a younger guy. He backed up Jermon Bushrod's comments in that regard. But he also went on to say that he wished the new attitude Jay got to play in the young and healthy Jay's body. He's seems to have learned a few lessons, but the interviewee said now Jay's body seems to pretty much be breaking down and letting him down. Time will tell, but this guy didn't express confidence that Jay would hold up. Wasn't entirely pessimistic either, but....

Most important thing for jay in terms of the media relations is body language. It's really the most important thing for his relationship with the fans too. Act like you give a damn when things go wrong.

No one expects this dude to be a leader in the lockerroom. He hasn't earned it with his new team. Just show you care and put in the work. The long time veterans need to do the leading.

I'm not gonna waste time worrying about cutler and health. The odds are already stacked against us with this curveball in camp. He's not part of the future so whatever happens in that regard happens. One year rental

Back
Top Bottom