WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This...... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This......

I will agree that Greene was the better back last year..

But I just dont feel that LT is an upgrade over Jones in any aspect of the game.

I will agree that Greene was the better back last year..

But I just dont feel that LT is an upgrade over Jones in any aspect of the game.

I expect similar production from LT that we would have gotten from Jones as a part time back plus LT can catch passes which was an element of the O we did not have a year ago.

I expect similar production from LT that we would have gotten from Jones as a part time back plus LT can catch passes which was an element of the O we did not have a year ago.

Almost any running back can catch the ball ..I know Shonne has stone hands..

But its really about getting open..being elusive enough to run routes out of the back field..

Then doing something with the rock after you catch it....Do you feel that Tomlinson is as effective in space as he used to be?

No, no way...Thats what made LT special.. He has lost that ability in to preform in space..thats why LT and TJ are pretty much the same back

at this point IMO

Almost any running back can catch the ball ..I know Shonne has stone hands..

But its really about getting open..being elusive enough to run routes out of the back field..

Then doing something with the rock after you catch it....Do you feel that Tomlinson is as effective in space as he used to be?

No, no way...Thats what made LT special.. He has lost that ability in to preform in space..thats why LT and TJ are pretty much the same back

at this point IMO

Jones and Greene combined for 10 recs in the reg season and 3 recs in postseason.

of course LT isn't as effective as he once was but his 20 recs in the reg season doubled Greene/Jones and he only played 14 games. He, along w/ Mcknight who will be learning from LT, will give Sanchez a safety valve which he didn't have a year ago after leon got hurt.

Jones and Greene combined for 10 recs in the reg season and 3 recs in postseason.

of course LT isn't as effective as he once was but his 20 recs in the reg season doubled Greene/Jones and he only played 14 games. He, along w/ Mcknight who will be learning from LT, will give Sanchez a safety valve which he didn't have a year ago after leon got hurt.

I just dont see how LT is more a saftey valve than TJ was...Can TJ not catch the ball as well?

I just dont see how LT is more a saftey valve than TJ was...Can TJ not catch the ball as well?

Eveen diminished Tomlinson is a more elusive back and he has much better hands. I would have preferred to keep Jones but more for what he did in the LR than on the field b/c I think in this new role LT will give us the same as TJ would have on the ground and gives us more flexibiility in the pass game.

Eveen diminished Tomlinson is a more elusive back and he has much better hands. I would have preferred to keep Jones but more for what he did in the LR than on the field b/c I think in this new role LT will give us the same as TJ would have on the ground and gives us more flexibiility in the pass game.

Yea I just dont see how Tomlinson is more elusive than Jones..

Him having better hands does not really mean anything to me beacuse if he is not good enough in space to make plays than him having good bad or ugly hands is moot...IMO

Maybe Tomlinson didnt get as many oppurtunities to make plays in space like he did in the past..

Than again maybe TJ didnt get many chances either. I think Tomlinson's stats could have been effected due to the Chargers going to a wide open, throw the ball downfield kind of attack...

Should be interesting to see...

Week 1 needs to get here

You know why Tomlinson avg's the yard per carry he does? He trips and falls 3 yds forward every time he has the ball. This guy was done 3 years ago.

Rarely failed like throwing the INT that led to the GW FG against ten

You do know that the so called INT was thrown in overtime, after bringing Miami back from a double digit deficit, right? He tried to get away with forcing a pass that if it gets through, goes for a big gain, mistakes young QBs will make, but it was the D that caused Miami that game, nobody could/should dispute that.

If you want to prasie henne for leading comebacks that still ended in L's then you have to praise the D too, right? In those last 3 games the D allowed a total of 23 pts the 2nd halves and OT.

Are we talking halfs or entire games? To evaluate Offenses and defenses, you have to see what they did after the entire game, and in all those games, the Defense continued to put Henne in very big holes by not being able
to stop anyone. When the Defense had to make played, they couldn't, when Henne had too, he could have turned into Sanchez made huge mistakes with the excuse of his youth, but instead produced. In all those games it was the defense that hurt Miami, not Henne, again nobody in their right mind could dispute that.
The '08 Ravens allowed 3.6 YPC against them, ricky/ronnie vs. Bal: 2.3 YPC
The '09 Bengals allowed 3.9, Greene vs. Cincy: 6.4 YPC

By the way, the week after ricky/ronnie were shut down Chris Johnson/Lendale White ran 26 times for 117 yds and 4.5 YPC.

Considering Ronnie was hurt, and Ricky was not used that much considering how quickly Miami was behind, but yes the defense did not stop Chris Johnson/Lendale White....proof that the defense was not up to snuff last year.

Ronnie is rarely healthy and Ricky proved he couldn't carry the load down the stretch of last season

Actually the reason was, thanks to the defense, Miami in most of those games fell behind quickly, and Miami had to throw more, giving less chances for Rcky to run the ball, and considering Ricky is a momentum runner, not getting the ball enough hurt him....he still is nowhere as washed up as LT.

Ricky does have immense talent, he had HOF talent but he wasted it. Talent is great but putting the talent to use is another thing and he played like a HOFer for one season.

He is a very punishing runner, and if he gets his touches, he will get his 100 yard games.

Rick quit on his team b/c he couldn't take the pounding anymore, Ronnie has never had even 250 carries in a season.

Ricky did quit on his team. but that was a long time ago (6 years), his biggest reason he quit was he could not handle all the people that were all over him asking him questions, watching him, not leaving him alone, add to that that he waas averaging 25-35 carried a game in 03, that was too much of a pound for a game at that time he did not love as much.

Since he came back, he has shown a love for the game, he never had before, and in the last few years, he has shown more excitement for starting a season, then anyone would ever have expected of him, he is a new man mentally with a good amount of his
physicality
still there.

You do know that the so called INT was thrown in overtime, after bringing Miami back from a double digit deficit, right? He tried to get away with forcing a pass that if it gets through, goes for a big gain, mistakes young QBs will make, but it was the D that caused Miami that game, nobody could/should dispute that.

Are we talking halfs or entire games? To evaluate Offenses and defenses, you have to see what they did after the entire game, and in all those games, the Defense continued to put Henne in very big holes by not being able
to stop anyone. When the Defense had to make played, they couldn't, when Henne had too, he could have turned into Sanchez made huge mistakes with the excuse of his youth, but instead produced. In all those games it was the defense that hurt Miami, not Henne, again nobody in their right mind could dispute that.
The '08 Ravens allowed 3.6 YPC against them, ricky/ronnie vs. Bal: 2.3 YPC
The '09 Bengals allowed 3.9, Greene vs. Cincy: 6.4 YPC

Considering Ronnie was hurt, and Ricky was not used that much considering how quickly Miami was behind, but yes the defense did not stop Chris Johnson/Lendale White....proof that the defense was not up to snuff last year.

Actually the reason was, thanks to the defense, Miami in most of those games fell behind quickly, and Miami had to throw more, giving less chances for Rcky to run the ball, and considering Ricky is a momentum runner, not getting the ball enough hurt him....he still is nowhere as washed up as LT.

He is a very punishing runner, and if he gets his touches, he will get his 100 yard games.

Ricky did quit on his team. but that was a long time ago (6 years), his biggest reason he quit was he could not handle all the people that were all over him asking him questions, watching him, not leaving him alone, add to that that he waas averaging 25-35 carried a game in 03, that was too much of a pound for a game at that time he did not love as much.

Since he came back, he has shown a love for the game, he never had before, and in the last few years, he has shown more excitement for starting a season, then anyone would ever have expected of him, he is a new man mentally with a good amount of his
physicality
still there.

He brought them back after his 2 INts in regulation helped get them behind then in OT he threw the INt that set up the GW FG for Ten.

How did the D continue to put henne in bad spots? Just like henne and the O they played well in 2nd halves and were terrible in 1st halves.

Oh now Ronnie was hurt but isn't Ronnie always hurt?

As bad as the D was, if your O w/ henne and Rickmy controlled the clock and put some poitns up you would have been in games at the half and wouldn't have need great comebacks to win those games.

LT didn't quit on his team so he has alot more carries in his legs. Ricky should be fresher.

Most RBs want the abll as much as Ricky got it in 2003, it's not a good sign that he quit over it.

He hasn't shown a love for anything other than money. if he didn't need the money he would still be gone.

Rushing YdsYds/GameTDRec Yrds73052.112154LT still has a nose for the goaline and willtake over for TJ in that reguard Green will take over TJ in between the 20s TJ will pick up the receiving yards lost when LW went down plain and simple. No matter what LT ypc was he gets in the end zone. McKnight will return kicks and vomit for now.

I love how scared you are of the Jets.

laughingdog-1.jpg

bwhahahaha

Back
Top Bottom