WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This......

Yes the defense that could not stop an offense in crunch time is responsible, not the Henne led offense that in crunch time rarely failed.

And how does those stats campare? Did Greene play against a Defense as good as the 08 Ravens.... No ? Then all we actually know for sure is... In an entire regular season, If Ronnie is healthy, he can carry a team, if he goes down, Ricky can carry a team, if it falls on LT, he no longer can carry a team alone, and we really have no idea what to expect from Greene for an entire year.

Greene could only hope to have half the talent Ricky has. Greene had a few good games in the playoffs, good for him, let him start an entire season, take the pounding that that true RBs like Ricky and Ronnie have taken and continue to prove himself before crowning his backside as a top RB. :err:

Rarely failed like throwing the INT that led to the GW FG against ten?

If you want to prasie henne for leading comebacks that still ended in L's then you have to praise the D too, right? In those last 3 games the D allowed a total of 23 pts the 2nd halves and OT.

The '08 Ravens allowed 3.6 YPC against them, ricky/ronnie vs. Bal: 2.3 YPC
The '09 Bengals allowed 3.9, Greene vs. Cincy: 6.4 YPC

By the way, the week after ricky/ronnie were shut down Chris Johnson/Lendale White ran 26 times for 117 yds and 4.5 YPC.

Ronnie is rarely healthy and Ricky proved he couldn't carry the load down the stretch of last season.

Ricky does have immense talent, he had HOF talent but he wasted it. Talent is great but putting the talent to use is another thing and he played like a HOFer for one season.

Rick quit on his team b/c he couldn't take the pounding anymore, Ronnie has never had even 250 carries in a season.

so i guess you just became a fins fan last year

You haven't been a fan of the jest very long either. What with a total of FOUR division titles in your entire HISTORY, a "storied" franchise yours makes!

LT's work ethic is something spectacular. No one trains harder than he does. He is one of the greats of all time. He is not that anymore but I wouldn't be suprised if he had a big year, hopefully not though.

Also how could anyone put it on ricky to "carry the team" the defense was playing bad and ricky can't handle 35-40 rushes a game anymore, thats ridiculous.

LOL I didn't know it was only four. LOL How can they be crowing? To funny

A year ago I felt better going into the season but I feel the ceiling is much higher for our RBs this year- specifically Greene.

What do you see in Greene that makes you feel so good about him this year?
Did you watch him play last season? Greene is clearly a more talented and effective RB than Thomas Jones. The question is can he stay healthy. When he's on the field he's way better. That's why he took the starting job away from TJ last season.

As much as LT is done, so is TJ. LT will have a limited role in our offense so long as Greene is healthy - one that his skillset is more suited for than TJ.

Oh and Hubbach is nothing more than a troll getting paid to write.

Its OTA's!!! All of this means nothing as of right now. Do I feel better that Jones and Washington are out of our division, hell yeah...Does it make things easier to have LT in our division now, no not really. All it takes is a change of scenery to resurrect a career. Look at Cedric Benson, and he was never the caliber type back that LT was. You may not fear him as much but defenses still have to respect the old guy. I tell you who should have an even bigger question mark, Shonn Greene. This guy is going to have to play a full season and stay healthy as the feature back

Yes, change of scenery can help. But, when a rb does not have it anymore he does not have it. It was always obvious at end of season as the article points out. LT is one my all time favs. I think he was among the best all time in his prime. But, its over for him IMHO. He may get by the season and make limited if any impact. Shon G. is going to be carrying that running game. They will miss Jones and Washington and that is nothing but good for us when we play them. The Jets did not do enough to elevate their offense and will have to win with D...again. The Fins should not be scared at all of the Jets. I think we match up with them well this year.

Nothing like fans of two teams dissing the other when neither team has won a superbowl in 3/4ths of a century.

Nothing like fans of two teams dissing the other when neither team has won a superbowl in 3/4ths of a century.

Could you imagine one of our fanbases after they win a SB? :lol: That's why it cracks me up when opposing fans make fun of NE fans for being ****y, that's what fans do when their teams win- that's what fans do when their teams do not win.

Bro, do you know what you just said? Your claiming that neither team has won a SB in 3/4 of a century? You are soooooooo wrong. Ok lets break this down
century = 100 years
3/4 = 75%
75% of 100= 75 years
Miamis last SB was in 1974, thats 36 years. which is far from 3/4 of a century!

Bro, do you know what you just said? Your claiming that neither team has won a SB in 3/4 of a century? You are soooooooo wrong. Ok lets break this down
century = 100 years
3/4 = 75%
75% of 100= 75 years
Miamis last SB was in 1974, thats 36 years. which is far from 3/4 of a century!

I think we all got the point, well most of us.

I'll be interested to see if Greene can carry the load, if not Sanchez is in for a long year. I consider the Jests to be the main competition every year. We have been able to split with the Pats most every year but the Jests games are so important to the Jest fans and they have had our number, to say the least, for a while. The road to the Division title runs through New York. Should be interesting to see how the Jest O meshes this year.... potential problems everywhere.

Lord, we all know thes jests have been trying to buy the superbowl, this year they had 4 draft picks, pertty soon the future will haunt them!!

Lord, we all know thes jests have been trying to buy the superbowl, this year they had 4 draft picks, pertty soon the future will haunt them!!

Yep, we have been trying to buy the SB signing low cost FAs like LT and Taylor while you guys have been sitting tight barely spending on guys like Marshall and Dansby:rolleyes2:

Back
Top Bottom