WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This...... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This......

My concern is probably the same concern you have for Brown- can he stay healthy for a full year as the top back. He clearly emerged as our top running back late last year and he was a huge reason we held a 2nd half lead in the title game and it wasn't a coincidence that after he got hurt the game really turned.

A year ago I felt better going into the season but I feel the ceiling is much higher for our RBs this year- specifically Greene.

Only thing is, if Ronnie goes down, Ricky has already proven he can still run for 1000 yards. Greene we still don't know what he will do as the starter for an entire year, and LT we already know he is not even close to the RB he used to be.

Lol pathetic. The only good offseason move they made was getting Holmes and even he is gone for 1/4 of the season haha. Congratulations though Jets, you managed to beat the Redskins for the title of offseason champs. Hope you repeat next year.

A year ago I felt better going into the season but I feel the ceiling is much higher for our RBs this year- specifically Greene.

What do you see in Greene that makes you feel so good about him this year?

what he did down the stretch and in postseason was amazing. He's a bowling ball, he has it all- speed, power, quickness. he did fumble a few times which concerns me and I'm concerned about durability until he proves he can handle the bulk of the carries but talent wise we haven't had a HR hitter like this in a long time.

So Shonn Greene is your feature back? A second year nfl player with 500 yards rushing under his belt. LOL that is funny is He11. Unloading Jones is a huge freakn mistake and will cost you guys dearly. LT is done and has been for 2 years and now your second year QB Sanchez will have to produce which will never happen. Scared heck no, your offense will be laughable at best this year.

Where do you get your lame material? did you watch the guy play at all? Did you see the guy rush for 300 yds in 2 1/2 games in postseason?(on only 54 carries).

You guys really crack me up w/ the homerism.

I'm still glad that Thomas Jones is out of our division. The Jets not resigning Jones and trading away Washington is extremely beneficial to us. Washington was probably the smartest guy you had on that team and he was one of the best change of pace backs in the game.

I wanted leon back and I was pissed we traded him but he may not even be ready to play this year after the injury. I loved Jones but LT can do what Jones would have been doing this year.

Funnny thing about Tomlinson...If he was such a great pass catcher still why was he taken out so much on 3rd downs?

The truth is he is not as elusive as he used to be...

He is not really a change of pace to Green..I feel Tomlinson is just another downhill runner..

He does run pretty hard..but has troulbe making cuts like he used to be...He should be better with a better o line in front of him..

But I think he has lost his versitilty all together...

Obviously he is not what he once was but we don't need him to be what he once was. He's not getting 200-300 carries a year w/ us and while his rec total was a career low(20 recs in 14 games) it was still twice as many recs as Jones and Greene combined.

Yet Ryan and the Jets act and talk as if Tomlinson is still in his prime, even though LT hasn't averaged better than 3.8 yards per carry each of the past two years and had been reduced to a nothing role with San Diego by the end of last season.

Tomlinson actually worked with the starters at times ahead of Shonn Greene during the Jets' OTAs, and Ryan dropped hints throughout that Tomlinson could have a big role this year.

This is no anomoly. You may be the only Jets fan that doesnt think Tomlinson is going to be going back to the pro bowl (or maybe you are, im not sure). And the rookie is leaving much to be desired at OTA's too

As we know OTA's tell us who will be playing major roles:rolleyes2: he's getting more work b/c he's w/ a new team. They also had brodney poole playing in Jim leonhard's spot- does that mean anything? They are trying to get the new guys up to speed.

If there is one Jet famn that thinks LT will be a pro bowler please point them out b/c I haven't seen anyone talking like that. We realize he will be a role player and not a feature back.

So Tomlinson is going to mentor the young backs? Is he going to teach them to pout on the sidelines when they get taken out of a game? LT is a poor sport, he pouts when he doesn't get carries and he doesn't care if it hurts or helps the team.

As crazy as this sounds a future HOF RB can help young RBs. I wish we had a guy like Ricky that walks out on his team a week before camp but we'll settle for a future HOFer.

I agree, but I think Benson will be better this year than LT will be. I don't really thinks thats an arguement as Benson is a #1 back and Lt is a hack. lol

Benson is better right now and should be much better than LT this year. He's not here to be a big time RB and gain 1500 yds.

Only thing is, if Ronnie goes down, Ricky has already proven he can still run for 1000 yards. Greene we still don't know what he will do as the starter for an entire year, and LT we already know he is not even close to the RB he used to be.

Ricky wore out late in the season forcing Henne to throw more and leading to losses. If Ronnie goes down again you guys are in trouble just like if Greene goes down we are in trouble.

He wasn't signed to be LT 2006, he brings a dimension to the offense we lacked after Leon went down and that is a receiving threat out of the backfield. He is going to have an impact on our offense.

The jest should have resigned Leon (a proven nemesis for Miami) rather than LT who I don't recall ever torching the phins.

McKnight & LT < Leon & Jones.

The jest should have resigned Leon (a proven nemesis for Miami) rather than LT who I don't recall ever torching the phins.

McKnight & LT < Leon & Jones.

What did Tomlinson face you guys 2-3 times in his career? if leon was healthy he'd still be here. They made a decision based on his ability to come back from the broken leg. I wish Leon was still here.

Ricky wore out late in the season forcing Henne to throw more and leading to losses. If Ronnie goes down again you guys are in trouble just like if Greene goes down we are in trouble.

Ricky did enough, and if called upon, would again do enough to help Miami win.

Miami did not lose games because of Henne having to throw more then he should have, if anything thanks to Henne Miami was within 1 possession in each of those game from winning (Including a last minute win against the Patriots).

It was the defense that held Miami back from winning those games, Miami's D plays close to how they played in 08, and the Dolphins, not the Jets, are in the playoffs.

Ronnie goes down, Ricky will do enough to help Miami succeed....more then you can expect from LT, or accurately predict for Greene.

Nah, the Jets and their fans don't see it that are living the dream. The fantasy dream that is. The fins in Miami last year found out that 2nd years in a regime are harder than the first, and the Jets will live out the same this years as well. They will also take a step or two back before they go forward, that is if they ever do. Teams now have plenty of tape on their qb so they will be ready. More than they were last year.

Nah, the Jets and their fans don't see it that are living the dream. The fantasy dream that is. The fins in Miami last year found out that 2nd years in a regime are harder than the first, and the Jets will live out the same this years as well. They will also take a step or two back before they go forward, that is if they ever do. Teams now have plenty of tape on their qb so they will be ready. More than they were last year.

Who needs film on a QB that only throws 8 times a game?

This is an article by Bart Hubbach whom recently has been having a feud with the Jets. Move on..Oh wait this is a Jets forum I forgot.

So what do you guys think about LT backing up Shonn Greene? I think good. Hmm what other Jets topics can we think of?

So captain facts........ tell me........ when did Ricky ware out? Cause the games I saw (which was all of them) Ricky ran like a pissed off bull. You obviously didn't watch all the games, nor should you being a Jet fan and all. Saying he wore out is just plain stupid to say!!!!!!

Ricky started the last 7 games after ronnie went down.

First 3 games: 67 carries, 309 yds, 4.6 YPC, 3 TDs

Last 4: 69 carries, 254 yds, 3.7 YPC, 2 TDs

If he didn't wear down his production sure went down.

Ricky did enough, and if called upon, would again do enough to help Miami win.

Miami did not lose games because of Henne having to throw more then he should have, if anything thanks to Henne Miami was within 1 possession in each of those game from winning (Including a last minute win against the Patriots).

It was the defense that held Miami back from winning those games, Miami's D plays close to how they played in 08, and the Dolphins, not the Jets, are in the playoffs.

Ronnie goes down, Ricky will do enough to help Miami succeed....more then you can expect from LT, or accurately predict for Greene.

yes it was the defense, not the O led by henne that didn't want to score until they got behind by big #s. It was all the D:rolleyes2:

Green in 2 1/2 playoff games: 54 carries, 304 yds, 5.6 YPC, 2 TDs

Ricky/Ronnie in their playoff careers: 22 carries, 50 yds,, 2.3 YPC, 0 TDs

yea, we cannot expect as much from Greene as we would from Ricky:lol:

So won't teams have plenty of tape on your QB too?

Absolutely our running game and D were the biggest reasons we made the title game but the QB growing up in postseason was essential as well and the RB we rode late in the year and in postseason was Shonn Greene not Thomas Jones. I loved Jones and I wanted him back but I am ok w/ LT as a backup, a guy who can ctach balls out of the backfield and a veteran presence for the young RBs.

We will not be running as much b/c the QB has experience and we have more weapons in the passing game but I expect the run game will be just as efficient as far as YPC goes.

That "article" was some trash from the NY Post written by some unknown writer trying to make a name for himslef. An article like that should have been written when we signed him not now when he hasn't done anything good or bad to praise or knock him.

You are scared, you post about us constantly. It's ok to admit it and if you don't we can see it w/ your posts.

My concern is probably the same concern you have for Brown- can he stay healthy for a full year as the top back. He clearly emerged as our top running back late last year and he was a huge reason we held a 2nd half lead in the title game and it wasn't a coincidence that after he got hurt the game really turned.

So by this logic, you must be TERRIFIED by us, considering you live on our boards. Something like the troll under the bridge.

yes it was the defense, not the O led by henne that didn't want to score until they got behind by big #s. It was all the D:rolleyes2:

Yes the defense that could not stop an offense in crunch time is responsible, not the Henne led offense that in crunch time rarely failed.

Green in 2 1/2 playoff games: 54 carries, 304 yds, 5.6 YPC, 2 TDs

Ricky/Ronnie in their playoff careers: 22 carries, 50 yds,, 2.3 YPC, 0 TDs

And how does those stats campare? Did Greene play against a Defense as good as the 08 Ravens.... No ? Then all we actually know for sure is... In an entire regular season, If Ronnie is healthy, he can carry a team, if he goes down, Ricky can carry a team, if it falls on LT, he no longer can carry a team alone, and we really have no idea what to expect from Greene for an entire year.

yea, we cannot expect as much from Greene as we would from Ricky:lol:

Greene could only hope to have half the talent Ricky has. Greene had a few good games in the playoffs, good for him, let him start an entire season, take the pounding that that true RBs like Ricky and Ronnie have taken and continue to prove himself before crowning his backside as a top RB. :err:

One thing you guys do not realize is that he wasn't signed to be LT of 2007, he's a change of pace backup. He's not our feature back and he does something no RB in 2009 could do for us after leon went down- catch passes. Also note than thomas Jones in 2007 averaged 3.6 YPC, we upgraded the OL in '08 and he averaged 4.5. LT will not be the LT he was a few years ago but he will be more efficient in his reduced role behind this OL.

I love how scared you are of the Jets.

Give me a break. LT is DONE as a starter. DONE as a backup. DONE as a change of pace back. As they say, lie to yourself enough times, and you'll start believing the bull**** you're spewing. Scared? I'm not very scared of an 8-8 team in the Jets who regressed in the offseason. Jets will compete, but won't sniff the playoffs. Patriots are the only team I'm worried about.

Back
Top Bottom