WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

WHat have we been telling Jet fans? This......

Funnny thing about Tomlinson...If he was such a great pass catcher still why was he taken out so much on 3rd downs?

The truth is he is not as elusive as he used to be...

He is not really a change of pace to Green..I feel Tomlinson is just another downhill runner..

He does run pretty hard..but has troulbe making cuts like he used to be...He should be better with a better o line in front of him..

But I think he has lost his versitilty all together...

The Jets made some changes in the offseason, but the moves weren't that helpful. LT will give them the ability to catch passes and run the ball on third down. Taylor is older, but he can still be productive. Cromartie will make the pass defense even better. The one move I don't understand is why they released Jones, but I'm sure they had a reason. I am not that afraid of the Jets this coming year.

One thing you guys do not realize is that he wasn't signed to be LT of 2007, he's a change of pace backup. He's not our feature back and he does something no RB in 2009 could do for us after leon went down- catch passes. Also note than thomas Jones in 2007 averaged 3.6 YPC, we upgraded the OL in '08 and he averaged 4.5. LT will not be the LT he was a few years ago but he will be more efficient in his reduced role behind this OL.

I love how scared you are of the Jets.

Yet Ryan and the Jets act and talk as if Tomlinson is still in his prime, even though LT hasn't averaged better than 3.8 yards per carry each of the past two years and had been reduced to a nothing role with San Diego by the end of last season.

Tomlinson actually worked with the starters at times ahead of Shonn Greene during the Jets' OTAs, and Ryan dropped hints throughout that Tomlinson could have a big role this year.

This is no anomoly. You may be the only Jets fan that doesnt think Tomlinson is going to be going back to the pro bowl (or maybe you are, im not sure). And the rookie is leaving much to be desired at OTA's too

So Tomlinson is going to mentor the young backs? Is he going to teach them to pout on the sidelines when they get taken out of a game? LT is a poor sport, he pouts when he doesn't get carries and he doesn't care if it hurts or helps the team.

Its OTA's!!! All of this means nothing as of right now. Do I feel better that Jones and Washington are out of our division, hell yeah...Does it make things easier to have LT in our division now, no not really. All it takes is a change of scenery to resurrect a career. Look at Cedric Benson, and he was never the caliber type back that LT was. You may not fear him as much but defenses still have to respect the old guy. I tell you who should have an even bigger question mark, Shonn Greene. This guy is going to have to play a full season and stay healthy as the feature back

So Tomlinson is going to mentor the young backs? Is he going to teach them to pout on the sidelines when they get taken out of a game? LT is a poor sport, he pouts when he doesn't get carries and he doesn't care if it hurts or helps the team.

C'on bro, you don't seriously believe that do you. LT is driven, not a poor sport. He wants to win. San Diego treated him like poop towards the end of his career there. They handled his departure very poorly. Way worse than what went on between JT and our FO

Its OTA's!!! All of this means nothing as of right now. Do I feel better that Jones and Washington are out of our division, hell yeah...Does it make things easier to have LT in our division now, no not really. All it takes is a change of scenery to resurrect a career. Look at Cedric Benson, and he was never the caliber type back that LT was. You may not fear him as much but defenses still have to respect the old guy. I tell you who should have an even bigger question mark, Shonn Greene. This guy is going to have to play a full season and stay healthy as the feature back
Cedric Benson isn't old though. LT is. I'm just sayin........

I know but thats why I said he was never as good as LT was when LT was in his prime. Cedric Benson was a bum in Chicago.

I agree, but I think Benson will be better this year than LT will be. I don't really thinks thats an arguement as Benson is a #1 back and Lt is a hack. lol

Alright man. LT may not be the player he used to be, but he is probably the furthest thing there is from a poor sport in the nfl. Remember that year he broke the NFL touchdown record. Every touchdown he didnt come up with some stupid individual celebration, he celebrated with his offensive linemen and gave the ball to the ref. LT never complains, and says the right thing. Just because you hate the Jets like we all should, doesn't mean that ALL of there players are complete *****.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah he's great when he's getting carries and winning. That's only half of being a good sport. I don't know how many times I had to see him pouting on the sideline when he wasn't getting carries. His team scores and they celebrate, he does absolutely nothing. What an awesome sport and team player.

One thing you guys do not realize is that he wasn't signed to be LT of 2007, he's a change of pace backup. He's not our feature back and he does something no RB in 2009 could do for us after leon went down- catch passes. Also note than thomas Jones in 2007 averaged 3.6 YPC, we upgraded the OL in '08 and he averaged 4.5. LT will not be the LT he was a few years ago but he will be more efficient in his reduced role behind this OL.

I love how scared you are of the Jets.

:lol2::lol2::lol2:

That's the funniest thing i've ever heard, considering your 0-2 against us and you'll be 0-4 after this season

Back
Top Bottom