What I am watching for in the Bills/Ravens game: | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What I am watching for in the Bills/Ravens game:

Buffalo's offensive line is the main reason for Allen's jump in production this year. They are protecting exceptionally well in the passing game this year. Allen has all day to throw and when you combine that with Allen's mobility and canon arm strength, they are a legitimate Super Bowl contender.

Baltimore should start looking for another QB. If that's the best he can do in the passing game they will never get over the hump against the teams they will have to beat in the playoffs. Jacksons explosiveness running the ball will win you a lot of regular season games but when they need him to throw the ball against teams that can put points on the scoreboard, more often than not, Jackson is going to come up woefully short.
I agree. Jackson is very overrated. I don’t see him ever winning a Super Bowl. You have to be better passing. He doesn’t throw outside the hashes. He doesn’t throw deep. His go to is the TE over the middle. That just isn’t going to get you past the elite defenses.

Baltimore should start looking for another QB. If that's the best he can do in the passing game they will never get over the hump against the teams they will have to beat in the playoffs. Jacksons explosiveness running the ball will win you a lot of regular season games but when they need him to throw the ball against teams that can put points on the scoreboard, more often than not, Jackson is going to come up woefully short.
Jackson had thrown 49 TDs and 0 INTs in the red zone during his career before that pick 6. What you say, however, is basically the truth. Once a team forces him to throw the ball to win it (usually) ends up as a loss for the Ravens.

Buffalo's offensive line is the main reason for Allen's jump in production this year. They are protecting exceptionally well in the passing game this year. Allen has all day to throw and when you combine that with Allen's mobility and canon arm strength, they are a legitimate Super Bowl contender.
IMO it all starts with excellent center play. Mitch Morse is elite when healthy. Karras is just not a top tier starter. Would be nice to see us address the position by drafting Humphrey.

Absolutely! It's incredible how good they are. Expect for a few times Allen had all-day to scan the field and wait for guys to get open. Even tho he reverted to the old Allen and missed some guys by 10 yards. That time with all the speedy guys they have at the receiving position is posion.

Also, I'm not sure if they can run the ball and chose not to but they don't run the ball even when they should.

Fools gold qb play strikes again
Harbaugh and Ravens fans are dug in too on Jackson. Claims of the oline and WR quality. They're going to hitch their wagon to him for years and well over 100 million and have no one to blame but themselves.

His passing skills are pure dogshit. He IS in the NFL so of course he's going to have some good passes here and there, but as a complete overall skillset, he's practice squad level.

Jackson had thrown 49 TDs and 0 INTs in the red zone during his career before that pick 6. What you say, however, is basically the truth. Once a team forces him to throw the ball to win it (usually) ends up as a loss for the Ravens.

Imagine that! Force a "QB" to throw? Lol! IMO, If you have to force a "QB" to throw then perhaps they really aren't a QB? Perhaps they're more of an athelete pretending to be a QB under center?
I will say the Ravens are fortunate he's been able to avoid injuries for so long.

Harbaugh and Ravens fans are dug in too on Jackson. Claims of the oline and WR quality. They're going to hitch their wagon to him for years and well over 100 million and have no one to blame but themselves.

His passing skills are pure dogshit. He IS in the NFL so of course he's going to have some good passes here and there, but as a complete overall skillset, he's practice squad level.

its their funeral if they sign him to a long term top 5 qb money contract

how can they blame the oline? Yeah the bills pass rush got more heat than expected but that entire damn offense runs thru the tight end position and the oline. Always will with that qb.

it is a front runner offense because the QB is a front runner qb and they’ve designed it completely around him

its their funeral if they sign him to a long term top 5 qb money contract

how can they blame the oline? Yeah the bills pass rush got more heat than expected but that entire damn offense runs thru the tight end position and the oline. Always will with that qb.

it is a front runner offense because the QB is a front runner qb and they’ve designed it completely around him
The Bills stacked the box from snap one and I expect to see more teams do that in the regular season next year. Great coaching especially since the wind was howling.

His playoff performances definitely pushes him below some of the other top quarterbacks in the NFL.

No doubt. If KC wins today, I think that matchup is the two best teams.

Also, makes Sewell at #3 more intriguing than it already was. Protecting the quarterback matters.

Josh and Diggs have an important mojo going on, with him they won’t be the same

Back
Top Bottom