What if Ronnie | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ronnie

At worst I think Ronnie is going to be a solid NFL back.

I too am worried about him being a bust... not because of him, but in general. A #2 bust would hurt any franchise, but I think he'll be alright.

unifiedtheory said:
Duece is the closest comparison...although Duece runs more upright then Ronnie. I think Ronnie has a better body lean and I like that. Less exposure to big shots and fumbles.

I think either Duece or Ahman Green (with better hands) :cooldude:

Nasty

Jaj said:
Maybe in the fact they can line up at WR, but if you want Ronnie's overall best comparison it's Deuce McAllister.

nope its marshall faulk, mcallister iss relying on power more and is not a speedy

Al13 said:
nope its marshall faulk, mcallister iss relying on power more and is not a speedy

Deuce not speedy? :roflmao:

One of the reasons he replaced Ricky was because he could break long runs because of his speed. What was his 40 time at his workout? 4.4+? He was pretty fast.

claytonAndDuper said:
lol i believe hes going to do great also, but my point was not our personal beliefs...but to the possibility of him being of bust....

Have you seen him play in college??? There is no way a talented RB like Brown will end up a bust no matter how poor the OL is on the team he plays on. And with Miami's new OL coach and OC I expect to see amazing things happening to this team offensively. Ronnie Brown is a type of player that will make plays regardless of the situation.

i sure hope so, you remember the last time we had a playmaker in the backfield. williams had those back to back 200 yard games, especially we here ran rougshod over buffalo in the snow. i hope ronnie gives us that home run threat. i just hope its not to good to be true

dominizzo said:
hes no bust hes barry sanders 2
Barry Sanders name gets thrown in to conversations to much, there will never ever ever ever ever be another barry sander. Just leave it at that.

:yeahthat:
I've never seen any onle even close to similar as the great Barry Sanders!!!!

painnotpleasure said:
Ok pal, calm down! Lets break this down a little and analyze it. If Ronnie Brown does bad his first game, he's not going to be a bust. (Contrary to belief unlike a lot of people here who will think differently and will be panicing and flipping out.) If he doesn't have a good rookie season, he isn't going to be a bust. I personally feel Ronnie Brown will have an immediate impact possible by midseason he'll be getting in a groove. You have to keep in mind this guy has never carried the load all by himself and been the main guy consistency. Our offensive line is basically a work in progress, and we all have to be patient and not only give Ronnie Brown some time but Hudson Houck and the offensive line. This is our year to start getting everything together on the playing field (much like we have been during the offseason) If we go on a winning streak and possibly a playoff run, great! If not, everyone's learning, it's a new system, new coaching, new faces, we need patience. I'm not saying the 5 year Wanny plan, but give us at least one season before we start panicing... or at least one game.. or at least ONE OFF SEASON! I have complete confidence in Ronnie Brown and if our Offensive Line improves tremendously from last year, I don't think there's anything to worry about. The key thing that we all must have is..... PATIENCE. Okay, that's my rant. I'm done.

What was Wanny's 5 year plan?

thewicked1isher said:
What was Wanny's 5 year plan?
:lol: My mistake, I meant "not like the 5 year Wanny ERA". We need to be patient with Ronnie give him at least one season before we start judging, but not like being patient like we all tried to be 5 years under Wanny.

raving said:
Real smooth - and he's more powerful...Interesting burst and nice fluid moves - he like OJ with a bit of Ricky in him...

I know that OJ murdered his ex-wife and Ronald Goldman, and I hate him for that - but he was great...Really great...and Ronnie runs a bit like him...

Actually, he was acquitted on those charges.

i think his versatility and size will gaurantee hes stil in the league for years to come, barring any injuries... but he may not be as great as we think, at worst he'll become a 3rd down back because of his hands and blocking...

but i think he'll be a great back in this league...

Best Case Scenario: Ladainian Tomlinson

Worst Case Scenario: Deuce McAllister

To see some great Ronnie Brown footage
Go To Sports.Yahoo.Com/NFL and watch #27 from Louisiana Tech bounce off Ronnie From Minute 2:00 to 2:45

Just click on the small camera next to Ronnie's name on the right hand side

sbh1602 said:
We move on. See Chargers and Leaf - they went out and got Humpries (IIRC) and just went about their business... even if they didn't do great.

It's simple, really - we'll flip out a bit, sure... but we'll move on, somehow. If we could after Bosa and Kumerow...

Stan Humphries came before Leaf. After getting rid of Ryan, the Chargers drafted Drew Brees.
As far as the Chargers not doing great with Humprhies, they did go to the SB with him (although they did get spanked by the 49ers)

Back
Top Bottom