What if Ronnie | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Ronnie

The deal is this and it's simple:

Look at what Mewelde Moore, Onterrio Smith and Michael Bennett did at Minnesota.

Those are fast backs who can catch the ball. I can't see Ronnie Brown being worse than any of those three. He's as fast as any of them but Bennett. And he has equal skill.

Those guys aren't all-pros, but they are all three good RB's who get the job done. I think Brown will. He will be the equal of Moore as a rookie. He won't be all world. But, he will have a couple of good breakout games.

I really think it will be the effectiveness of the QB's that will matter. If they can get Brown the ball in the open field - the flat or downfield - he'll have some big plays.

He better be better than moore, they got moore in the 4th round, of a runninback empty draft, we got him at number 2 overall in a RB heavy draft, so he better not be Mewelde, he better be Ladainian, or in the least, Ricky two years ago

Make Brown a WR if he's a total flop at RB. I dont think he can be a complete bust(IF he is)

I heard that.....

GreenMonster said:
Best RB starts and ends with Jim Brown.. like with Jerry Rice at WR everyone else is playing for 2nd.

If Ronnie runs like Jim Brown - we don't have to worry. For those who never saw Jim Brown, it's sort of like a cross between Sanders and Earl Campbell, with a bad attitude toward defensive players.

I just hope that the offense is so diversified that if he goes down, or isn't the second coming of(insert legend here) that we don't go 4 and forever again.

This thread should be deleted...I don't even want to think about Ronnie being the "b" word... :eek:

DolphinTiger said:
Naw, I think he compares more to his Uncle Jim, he'll just play longer :wink:
That's a good analogy, i think ronnie better get used to bouncing it outside. ricky had to do that alot, some of them for long runs. that's what a running back behind our o-line will be up against this year IMO.

as a running back when your young you ought to be taught to bounce it to the outside, once you break the line everyone is drawn into the box, so it you can bounce it outside thats obviously where most of your long gains come from. unless your oline creates a gaping hole lol

Brown won't be a bust. If he is, everyone can come over and beat me up. It will be one way to take our your anger. It will also help me get over the fact I think he's going to be a great RB.

i seriously think hes going to just eat people like tyson, on his way to the endzone of course

Back
Top Bottom