What if Saban fails? How much time do we give him? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if Saban fails? How much time do we give him?

We're already discussing if he fails!! C'mon.. This is ridiculous!! Is it possible to let us get through one season without wanting to fire a coach. You usually give a coach 3 years to rebuild a team. Once again, let's be patient!!:fire:

First off, even though this is Saban's first year, it really isn't his team. He's mostly just tweaked a team that existed previously. He's got a new staff and some new players, but still the core has been there.
Then lets look at all those draft picks he didn't have.

As for how long "I" will give him...that is irrelevant. I'm merely a fan of the Miami Dolphins. No matter who the coach is, or the players. I'll give him the same amount of time that Wayne will give him, even if I don't agree with it.

But all things being as they are, this year is more of a learning experience for the Dolphins. A new coach to learn the NFL and players to learn the new schemes. The 2006 season, to me, will be a full bore upon him and his abilities as a NFL coach.

wazzy said:
I know the Dolphins have loads of potential and as good as hes making this team look good on paper but what if he can't make these guys perform on the field. How many years do we give him? 3 or 4 or 5 depending on improvements but like if we dont have any winning seasons for his whole dolphins career as a coach how long do you think he should stay in Miami?

What if I'm hit in the head by a giant rock from outer space.......? nicky by rep alone deserves at least his contracts worth of time good,bad or indiffferent.

Its not a good thing to change HC's every two-three years. Unless he comes in and brain-farts massively a la Steve Spurrier, he deserves as much time as possible to steer this ship right.

wazzy said:
I know the Dolphins have loads of potential and as good as hes making this team look good on paper but what if he can't make these guys perform on the field. How many years do we give him? 3 or 4 or 5 depending on improvements but like if we dont have any winning seasons for his whole dolphins career as a coach how long do you think he should stay in Miami?

If he hasn't won a Super Bowl by the 5th game, give him the boot. :rolleyes:

As if "we" have any say in the matter.

Back
Top Bottom