What if the Fins took...... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the Fins took......

Geez this is like the 50th iteration of the same thread. For those of you who have missed it all, and to save you the aggravation of reading through all of the cluelessness, YES we are strongly considering drafting Gurley. I've been saying it for a very long time and unless someone beats us out we will certainly draft him. Every time one of these threads pops up I say the same thing and get the same old clueless crap back--"RB's should not be drafted in the first round," "it's a passing league," "he's injured," "he's overrated," "his back up is better than he is," "we should draft for need and pick a LB or a Guard," "it's a big risk," "we already have a 1000 yard RB," blah blah blah. Well of course none of this is accurate, and for those of us who actually study this stuff and have listened to what the front office has said they would do, and of course the clues they have left by who they've signed or tried to sign in FA, we know where this is going. Deal with it. The Miami Dolphins are VERY strongly considering him, so those of you who want a guard or a LB it's not happening at #1. Sorry to disappoint you, but this front office wants to make a splash and bring in a dynamic playmaker. Get excited Dol-fans because he is going to drop right in our lap. We are about to draft the biggest playmaker in the draft and the biggest playmaker since Ricky Williams. Yes, it's a great comparison. We will be the talk of the draft, good and bad, but that's exactly what this FO wants. They want people talking about the Miami Dolphins. This franchise has played it safe way too long, and even though I agree that it's a calculated risk, the reward is off the charts. I cannot wait until they call his name on draft day!

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

i like gordon a lot too but i'm game....runs with more power better in short yardage better top end speed and watch the ohio state wisconsin game and see where gordon was completely shut down...i dont think you can get that with gurley...he will run thru some cats...not to mention a tougher conference in the sec which translates more to the pro game from a physicality and defenses aspect

what separates them from me is i think gurley like marshawn lynch makes an offensive line better than it is and i think gordon needs more help from the guys up front...of course if gurleys not healthy for ya then none of this matters

for what miami needs though i think gurleys game makes more sense...

We are always in agreement! Too bad you're a hoo fan. Lol

Mel Gordon is better. That's right. I said it.

Please show me anywhere where gurley is better like many say. I really want you to prove me wrong with proof, not simple words.

Hey I like Gordon a lot too and you have a right to your opinion, but it's just misguided. If we drop down a few spots then Gordon should be the pick. I do think he compares favorably to an lusive back like Jamaal Charles, who is a great back, but he is not the power back that Gurley is. Gurley is more Lynch or AP-like. With a quick, fast back like Miller already on the roster, we need something different. Gurley is special.

You mean Helen Gurley Brown? I'm so damn witty....stop me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its not foolish to say a draft prospect is better then another. They are called prospects for a reason

Don't get your feelings hurt, I'm not degrading you, its very foolish of you for thinking Gordon is better than Gurley. That better for ya?

I'm surprised you're not just going full out Gump and telling us Yeldon is better than all of them :lol:

Hey I like Gordon a lot too and you have a right to your opinion, but it's just misguided. If we drop down a few spots then Gordon should be the pick. I do think he compares favorably to an lusive back like Jamaal Charles, who is a great back, but he is not the power back that Gurley is. Gurley is more Lynch or AP-like. With a quick, fast back like Miller already on the roster, we need something different. Gurley is special.

I've said it before...the RB that Gurley reminds me of is Eric Dickerson. He runs just freaking like him.

I think Gordon will be a good back. But I think Gurley might just be spectacular.

RB value isn't as high and didn't he tear his ACL. No way you make that move!

I've said it before...the RB that Gurley reminds me of is Eric Dickerson. He runs just freaking like him.

I think Gordon will be a good back. But I think Gurley might just be spectacular.

Dickerson was a very upright runner, great speed and physical. I can see it. I actually think Ricky Williams is a better comparison, but with more speed. Gurley is spectacular and if he hadn't gotten injured we wouldn't even be talking about him because he'd be drafted top 3. I say he's a calculated risk with a humongous reward. We are going to draft him unless someone like the Falcons take him. Look, what does Philbin actually have to lose? He's basically on a one year prove it contract, and hitting on Gurley makes him famous. If he fails so what. I say throw the hail mary. I think Tannenbaum is all in on Gurley unless he has a medical setback.

I am almost completely against taking a RB in the first round but Gurley is not your normal prospect. He's a once in a decade type talent that would completely change how defenses play us. I'd be thrilled.

I'm surprised you're not just going full out Gump and telling us Yeldon is better than all of them :lol:

Ha I'm sure that would of went well, I think Yeldon will transfer well in the pros because he doesn't dance a lot and gets the yards that are there, He's got great feet and good burst to get through holes but Gurley.. noncomparable.

Yea if gurley is there and Parker is gone, you have to pull the trigger, kid is going to be great, I too see alot of Dickerson in him, really quick and powerful

No, not at 14.

We have too many other holes to take a chance on a bloke coming back from a bad knee injury. Too me, the risk is way too great.

Back
Top Bottom