What if the Fins took...... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if the Fins took......

I am thats what makes half of me say hell yea. He doesn't remind me of Brown at all, just draft position and how I couldn't believe we took him that high.

According to Barry Jackson...Fins are paying him lots of attention:

Barry Jackson @flasportsbuzz · 1h 1 hour ago
Heard again today that Dolphins doing a LOT of research, interviews on Todd Gurley & people close to him. They are unquestionably intrigued

Told ya!

I guess it would depend on what we plan on doing with Miller next season
Miller was tied for second in the NFL with a 5.1 yard per rush average with backs with 200+ rushes
Do you pay the man,let him walk or keep him with Gurley?

My only concern would be this team is a pass first team and has
had many a game where we turned to the pass when the run game was successful.

Miller had 216 rushes,Tannehill had 56 rushes and the team had 399 rushes
( which was 4 rushes from being 26th worst in the league)

Not sure drafting Gurley would be the best use in our offense unless
the philosophy of our offense changes and allows our team to run the ball
500+ times and not the 399 times of 2014.

Maybe Gurley would be able to rush 250+ times,Miller 200 times and 75 rushes for Tannehill and the rest
525+ rushes I could live with but not the 399 rushes of last season

If we still address the G, ILB and DB's either in the draft or with a decent vet afterwards, then I'd be ok with it. It's about getting elite level talent, not just plugging a hole. I think the kid offers elite level talent. But with that said, if you don't have someone decent to block for him . . . . it won't matter.

I would be very happy with Gurley at 14
He is going to be a beast!!!!!
Nice combo Miller+ Gurley
Address ILB in RD 2

Mel Gordon is better. That's right. I said it.

Please show me anywhere where gurley is better like many say. I really want you to prove me wrong with proof, not simple words.

Just out of sure curiosity what if the Fins decided to go with RB Gurley at #14....... Honestly I would like us to take a LB at 14 but i would not be heartbroken if we did take Gurley.. I know everyone wants a WR in the 1st but we can address that in 2nd round.. What do you all think?

I am listening to the Phinsiders and there is speculation that the Phinsiders are seriously looking at Gurley or Gordon at #14. Adding either of these guys would force opposing defenses to really do their homework against us. A great running would open up our passing game as well. Count me in, especially if the top WR's are gone.

But anyways, gurley and Gordon are chips to trade down. Teams in back want these guys.dallas is one.

If we draft a running back at 14, then the following absolutely must happen in my opinion:

-Draft a mike linebacker at pick 47. There will be good ones there and I have zero interest in lacking a true, instinctive tackling machine in the middle again. Misi is a Sam, plain and simple.

-Draft a guard in the 4th and sign a veteran one.

-Sign Greg Jennings.

if the medical report comes out glowing tomorrow you may not even get a sniff at 14...

I'm glad to hear that. If the kid hadn't gotten hurt he's probably going top 10, maybe even top 5, in a league that waters down the value of the RB position.

the thing is, he did get hurt though. so there is an even bigger unknown on how his game will translate to the NFL coming off a serious knee injury.

Watch this highlight reel on Todd Gurley and then you will see what Im excited about if we get him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_Vy61HobfM

nice, but no more impressive than Duke Johnson's highlights imo

gurleys just too talented for me to hate on it if miami goes that route...would be a straight up swing for the fences

Injury or no I think Gordon is the better prospect. And overall I tend to think Duke Johnson will probably get you the best bang for the buck. That being said I still have a lot of RB stuff still to watch.

Back
Top Bottom