What if we had a protest and nobody came? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if we had a protest and nobody came?

Would you show up for a protest of the current Dolphin's management?

• Yes

Votes: 72 67.3%
  • No

Votes: 35 32.7%

• Total voters
While I voiced my opinion on this yesterday. I won't go into it again. But this is giong to be difficult to pull off since a fraction of the people who read this message board actually live in South Florida.

I do think........better than a protest would be a letter writing campagin. Here is why......

1) EVERYONE from across the USA can get involved. It would involve the thousands of this message board and other Fin Fan Sites.
2) You can target the team, sponsors (DHL..etc), and effect more people.
3) By involving more people (ground troops) in this type of protest, you WILL get more exposure from coast to coast and will get more pub. More people doing more work=success.
4) Also you could be more clever.....like say take a collection of ripped up tickets (even used ticket stubs, its ripped how they will know), and send them to the organization saying they would rather NOT go to the games anymore and take the hit in the pocketbook and won't buy anymore tickets until changes are made. How do you think the Dolphins would like to receive a box of nothing but a few thousands ripped up tickets! lol. THAT is sending a message.

There are a million more effective ways to do a protest than showing up on Sunday holding a sign in the chaos of 50,000-70,000 people.

MikeO said:
While I voiced my opinion on this yesterday. I won't go into it again. But this is giong to be difficult to pull off since a fraction of the people who read this message board actually live in South Florida.

I do think........better than a protest would be a letter writing campagin. Here is why......

1) EVERYONE from across the USA can get involved. It would involve the thousands of this message board and other Fin Fan Sites.
2) You can target the team, sponsors (DHL..etc), and effect more people.
3) By involving more people (ground troops) in this type of protest, you WILL get more exposure from coast to coast and will get more pub. More people doing more work=success.
4) Also you could be more clever.....like say take a collection of ripped up tickets (even used ticket stubs, its ripped how they will know), and send them to the organization saying they would rather NOT go to the games anymore and take the hit in the pocketbook and won't buy anymore tickets until changes are made. How do you think the Dolphins would like to receive a box of nothing but a few thousands ripped up tickets! lol. THAT is sending a message.

There are a million more effective ways to do a protest than showing up on Sunday holding a sign in the chaos of 50,000-70,000 people.
Those are all good ideas, and there many more things that can obviously be done, it really doesn't take alot of imagination to figure it out.

But I still say there is nothing wrong with trying to make a public statement in the form of as large a crowd as possible that hopefully will make a sportspage or get a short video clip somewhere.

The point is to make clear to Wayne in every way possible the level of dis-satisfaction of the fan base.

BlueFin said:
Those are all good ideas, and there many more things that can obviously be done, it really doesn't take alot of imagination to figure it out.

But I still say there is nothing wrong with trying to make a public statement in the form of as large a crowd as possible that hopefully will make a sportspage or get a short video clip somewhere.

The point is to make clear to Wayne in every way possible the level of dis-satisfaction of the fan base.
My point is if you make a public protest and only a handful of people show up and it gets media coverage, then you shot your wad. And if you CONTINUE with the protest you will then come off as a bunch of extremists with some hidden agenda and you won't be taken seriously.

I think you need to "build up to" the on-site protest by starting small with your ground troops from across the country. Start with the letters, and other things. THEN....at some point do the protest at the stadium prior to the game.

Your idea isn't bad, but I think you are doing it backwards.

Just my 2 cents.

MikeO said:
My point is if you make a public protest and only a handful of people show up and it gets media coverage, then you shot your wad. And if you CONTINUE with the protest you will then come off as a bunch of extremists with some hidden agenda and you won't be taken seriously.

I think you need to "build up to" the on-site protest by starting small with your ground troops from across the country. Start with the letters, and other things. THEN....at some point do the protest at the stadium prior to the game.

Your idea isn't bad, but I think you are doing it backwards.

Just my 2 cents.
This is actally true. Vancouver Canuck fans rallied at the Provincial court to oppose criminal charges being laid against Todd Bertuzzi for his sucker punch on Steve Moore of the Colorado Avalanche. It was inspired by a bunch of teens from the teams website. A handful of supporters for Bert showed up but every radio station and cable news network available was on hand. They interviewed the supporters and the fans got their view out in the media and to the other fans.

darkoak said:
This is actally true. Vancouver Canuck fans rallied at the Provincial court to oppose criminal charges being laid against Todd Bertuzzi for his sucker punch on Steve Moore of the Colorado Avalanche. It was inspired by a bunch of teens from the teams website. A handful of supporters for Bert showed up but every radio station and cable news network available was on hand. They interviewed the supporters and the fans got their view out in the media and to the other fans.
I just think you BUILD to your big moment (which in this case is the public protest outside the stadium). And that you don't start with your big moment and work backwards. That is just my opinion.

But good luck to all involved in this.

MikeO said:
I just think you BUILD to your big moment (which in this case is the public protest outside the stadium). And that you don't start with your big moment and work backwards. That is just my opinion.

But good luck to all involved in this.
The problem is that the attention span of your average American is pretty short. I mean you guys have already forgotten that Bush has flat out lied to you guys from day one. With that said I suggest you have the protest right away before it loses steam. Also if it doesn't work out too well the first time but inspires people to have a larger one next week, then right on. I mean most people won't even clap their hands if someone else isn't doing it.

darkoak said:
The problem is that the attention span of your average American is pretty short. I mean you guys have already forgotten that Bush has flat out lied to you guys from day one. With that said I suggest you have the protest right away before it loses steam. Also if it doesn't work out too well the first time but inspires people to have a larger one next week, then right on. I mean most people won't even clap their hands if someone else isn't doing it.
We can agree to disagree on this. Taking the politics out of it....:shakeno:

If you throw a protest together overnight, it will look like you threw a protest together overnight. Miami plays St.Louis this week at home. Then in 2 weeks they play Arizona at home BEFORE their BYE week.

Now, in their BYE week the media has NOTHING to cover. No Dolphins game. IF, you do the protest then, odds are the Monday after the game you have 13 days with the South Florida MEDIA trying to find a story to cover. They WILL cover the protest. And with 2 full weeks of build-up, the protest will get more attention and have more of an impact.

2 full weeks of letter writing campagin, 2 full weeks to promote the protest, 2 full weeks to build your support and get everything organized. 2 Full weeks to prepare.

With no build up I think this thing falls on its face. WITH a build up I think it could get some attention.

Like I have been saying, I wish everyone luck with this.

MikeO said:

If you throw a protest together overnight, it will look like you threw a protest together overnight. Miami plays St.Louis this week at home. Then in 2 weeks they play Arizona at home BEFORE their BYE week.

Now, in their BYE week the media has NOTHING to cover. No Dolphins game. IF, you do the protest then, odds are the Monday after the game you have 13 days with the South Florida MEDIA trying to find a story to cover. They WILL cover the protest. And with 2 full weeks of build-up, the protest will get more attention and have more of an impact.

2 full weeks of letter writing campagin, 2 full weeks to promote the protest, 2 full weeks to build your support and get everything organized. 2 Full weeks to prepare.

With no build up I think this thing falls on its face. WITH a build up I think it could get some attention.

Hey good point about the bye week, you should help out the organisers Mike-O.

How about if we buy a page in the Miami Herald, to display our displeasure of this FO, like that Fin fan did last year????

MikeO said:

Mike, I actually agree with this post. I think thats a good gameplan and what we should do.

pwn3dyo said:
one question.

Free Beer?
dude, all you really need to do is ROLL A KEG into the parking lot... people will show up for the beer and stand with you with the picket signs... therefore it LOOKS like a LOT more people are really with you.

darkoak said:
Short attention span! I take offense to that..

I mean if I were going to organize a protest, I agree using the bye week as leverage OH MY GOD what was that... cookies? Where?

Back
Top Bottom