What if... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What if...

NJPHINFAN79

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Fins win the next 3/4 games and finish 6-10. We have the jets who we have already beaten and who just lost to the bengals. The Giants 2-9 and Bengals 1-11. Finish against Pats.

That would be a sign of a solid staff and u expected result, but also put themselves in a mediocre draft position.

what are your hopes for the rest of this season?

Prob 8 wins In that scenario unless we get a quarterback that can put us over the top

Trade up for Burrow sounded good to me. I'd love to be excited about a new QB.

The Fins win the next 3/4 games and finish 6-10. We have the jets who we have already beaten and who just lost to the bengals. The Giants 2-9 and Bengals 1-11. Finish against Pats.

That would be a sign of a solid staff and u expected result, but also put themselves in a mediocre draft position.

To win out, although not likely gonna happen. But at least watch this coaching staff coaching up these players and keep them motivated and competitive. That’s a win for me.

At this point though, I’m more worried about Grier. He’s the wildcard at this point. Is he gonna be the hero or is he gonna set us back years with bad picks. One thing is for sure, he can make patient trades that benefit us, let’s hope he can pick the groceries.

Trade up for Burrow sounded good to me. I'd love to be excited about a new QB.

If LSU beats Georgia in the SEC championship and wins the National Championship there is a zero percent chance he doesn’t go #1. I can’t see the Bengals deciding to pass up the chance at a franchise QB by trading their pick. The amount of resources we’d have to give up would be mind boggling.

I wouldn’t say impossible. It would probably take all three of our firsts this year to do it though. As much as I would like to get Burrow, we would be better off spending all three firsts on offensive linemen than trading up.

Miami does not have to draft a QB this year. Originally, I wanted Miami to draft Tua but not now with his injury (too risky). I than was hoping that Miami would draft Burrows ( but that is not happening either). Trade our # 1 for additional picks this year and an additional # 1 for 2021. Than draft Lawrence or Fields.

Miami does not have to draft a QB this year. Originally, I wanted Miami to draft Tua but not now with his injury (too risky). I than was hoping that Miami would draft Burrows ( but that is not happening either). Trade our # 1 for additional picks this year and an additional # 1 for 2021. Than draft Lawrence or Fields.
Why would another team trade the rights for Lawrence? We won’t be bad enough next year to draft a top tier qb. We absolutely have to take a qb in the first round this year. Otherwise, then we are simply hoping we get lucky with a lower level qb prospect. You can’t build a team and hope your qb is just good enough to win. We’ve been using that model since Jimmy Johnson was here.

Why would another team trade the rights for Lawrence? We won’t be bad enough next year to draft a top tier qb. We absolutely have to take a qb in the first round this year. Otherwise, then we are simply hoping we get lucky with a lower level qb prospect. You can’t build a team and hope your qb is just good enough to win. We’ve been using that model since Jimmy Johnson was here.
We aren’t getting Burrow and Miami shouldn’t draft Tua with their first pick because it is very likely he won’t play next year and the Dolphins can’t afford to use that pick on anyone but a player who can come in and start immediately. If Tua is still on the board when they have their 3rd selection in the first round, that would make sense drafting him then.

I really don’t see another QB in the draft who is worthy of being picked in the first round. In fact the only other QB I would want them to draft is Hurts if they can get him with their 2nd pick in round 2. As far as the other QB’s in the draft is concerned, I wouldn’t waste anymore than a 6th or 7th round pick on any of them.

I will root for them to win. I was very encouraged seeing our skill players dominate. Go kick Gase's ass and keep grinding.

Back
Top Bottom