What is going on? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

What is going on?

Originally posted by DrAstroZoom

When has Wannstedt been in a position to make a call like that?

Belichick is a great coach, no doubt about it. But the offensive line play is the main seperator between the two teams. I just had to sigh and look heavenward as I watched the time Brady had in the pocket against the Broncos.

I agree, good point.

Not sure if anybody noticed but Ricky had knocked off Wade Smith on the greise fumble. That can never happen and the toughest situation for the left tackle. It's hard enough without getting bumped by your own player

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

LOL.......

This is what every person (that pops off like you guys are doing) thinks. You have NO professional training at all and think you could be a Pro Head Coach. Son, you couldn't be a High School Frosh coach and not get completely embarrassed on the field. These guys have worked for 20-30 years coaching football, gone to countless clinics, learned under some of the best the game has ever known, and coached everyday while we go to our regular jobs.....Yet you know more (Because you watch Football on TV and played on your High School team).

Thanks for the laugh and perfect demonstration of where all this kind of talk eventually lands.....you knowing more than the Pro's despite having little to no formal training! You guys outta visit another Dolfan Message board I know of where a guy critics Turner, Bates, Wanny, and Spielman each week with a 3 page or so write-up.....He is a master of all knowledge...just ask him. He played 3 years of HS football and considers himself far more advanced than anyone in the Dolphins organization in terms of play calling, personel, and general football knowledge.

That's why its funny Wanny continues to have a job. What has he ever done? Ok, my point exactly.

I saw the same thing....

Originally posted by Jensencrash11
Not sure if anybody noticed but Ricky had knocked off Wade Smith on the greise fumble. That can never happen and the toughest situation for the left tackle. It's hard enough without getting bumped by your own player

I noticed Ricky bumping Wade Smith off of Freiney (sp?) too on the last fumble play.....I wonder if on the Play called if Ricky was supposed to have provided a double team with Smith or not on that side....sure would make sense if that was case.....looked like the play might have been a play action with Ricky with him Doubling the DE with Smith after the fake....but instead he bumped Smith as he was already struggling with Freiney. We'll never know for sure.

Originally posted by phinfan34

That's why its funny Wanny continues to have a job. What has he ever done? Ok, my point exactly.

What has he done? Hmmm
Didn't he get NFC Head Coach of the Year award?
Didn't he have key roles on JJ's college and Pro teams, which were the best in the league at the time?
Doesn't he have a Super Bowl Ring or Two?
Isn't he one of the Top 10 Winning coaches right now over the past three seasons in the NFL?

He was also offered the U of M job when it opened and offered a ton of cash, which he passed on to stay as Fins HC.

Now....what exactly qualifies you to be the judge of his ability? What training do you have? Who has discipled you in the sport of football? Who have you worked for?

ok...My point exactly.......you are an a unhappy fan with an uninformed opinion. You may as well be trying to teach us a language you don't speak. You wouldnt be any less informed. I'm not saying that trying to anger you or insult you, but it is the fact of the matter.

When he passes gas more football comes out than you'll ever have a grasp on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: I saw the same thing....

I noticed Ricky bumping Wade Smith off of Freiney (sp?) too on the last fumble play.....I wonder if on the Play called if Ricky was supposed to have provided a double team with Smith or not on that side....sure would make sense if that was case.....looked like the play might have been a play action with Ricky with him Doubling the DE with Smith after the fake....but instead he bumped Smith as he was already struggling with Freiney. We'll never know for sure.

In the post-game press conference, Wanny said exactly that (that Ricky was sent to help Smith with Freeney) on that last play.

Maybe I'm just dense. But I don't understand your response to Mike here. He states all the things that an NFL coach has typically done to be in the position they're in. And it's as though you disregarded the entire post.

Again, I'm just asking for you to clarify. :)

Originally posted by Jensencrash11

That's not entirely true. I was re-watching the game yesterday and Freeney was WAY past Wade on that play before Ricky ever made contact. Ricky or not....Freeney blew past Wade like he wasn't even there. Wade barely even made contact. I even watched to see how Ricky could help and there was no way Ricky could have helped either because Freeney was in the backfield in the bink of an eye and Wade was in between Freeney and Ricky.

What has he done? Hmmm
Didn't he get NFC Coach of the Year award?
Isn't he one of the Top 10 Winning coaches right now over the past three seasons?

He was also offered the U of M job when it opened and offered a ton of cash, which he passed on to stay in Miami. When he passes gas more football comes out than you'll ever have a grasp on.

nice. as soon as we separate playstation from reality we'll have a higher quality debate around here. you can't press reset when your starting LT goes down or when your free agent WR doesn't produce. there is no etched in stone timetable on injuries because the people are human, and you can't hit reset when somebody goes down for the year...

had wanny taken the UM job he'd be a genius right now.

Re: Re: I saw the same thing....

Originally posted by Muck

In the post-game press conference, Wanny said exactly that (that Ricky was sent to help Smith with Freeney) on that last play.

Well, that certainly makes sense, and sure makes the plays results all the more frustrating. Judging by the formation they likely would have had Chambers on the drag in the top of the endzone and McMichael on the onside short corner or out route....most likely wide open after that play fake.

What has he done? Hmmm
Didn't he get NFC Head Coach of the Year award?
Didn't he have key roles on JJ's college and Pro teams, which were the best in the league at the time?
Isn't he one of the Top 10 Winning coaches right now over the past three seasons in the NFL?

He was also offered the U of M job when it opened and offered a ton of cash, which he passed on to stay as Fins HC.

Now....what exactly qualifies you to be the judge of his ability? What training do you have? Who has discipled you in the sport of football? Who have you worked for?

ok...My point exactly.......you are an a unhappy fan with an uninformed opinion. You may as well be trying to teach us a language you don't speak. You wouldnt be any less informed. I'm not saying that trying to anger you or insult you, but it is the fact of the matter.

When he passes gas more football comes out than you'll ever have a grasp on.

Ok, maybe I have to rephrase. What has he done as a head coach?

Ok, maybe I have to rephrase. What has he done as a head coach?

i think the NFC coach of the year award and the high winning percentage with miami qualify as something he's done as a pro.

Originally posted by DPlus47

i think the NFC coach of the year award and the high winning percentage with miami qualify as something he's done as a pro.

I would too. Just because someone does'nt like the job he's doing right now isn't any reason to discredit or insult the guy as a professional. He's a quality person and we could be a lot worse off. He's done some good things in Miami.

I would too. Just because someone does'nt like the job he's doing right now isn't any reason to discredit or insult the guy as a professional. He's a quality person and we could be a lot worse off. He's done some good things in Miami.

Done what in Miami? We do the same damn thing every year..................

Back
Top Bottom